Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested in thoughts about the following list

Sorcerer Lord, MoN, Lvl 4, Scroll, Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield, Collar of khorne, Word of Agony, Chaos Steed
Sorcerer MoN, Puppet, Eye of the gods, Chaos Steed
Exalted, MoS, BSB, Rage of the Blood God, Flail, Shield, Chaos Steed

20 Marauders, MoS, FC, Light & Shield
5 Marauder Cav, MoS, Muso
5 Warhounds
5 Warhounds

5 Knights, MoN, Standard
5 Knights, MoN, Standard
1 Chariot, MoS
1 Chariot, MoS

1 Warshrine, MoS

·
Registered
75 Posts
Interested in thoughts about the following list

Sorcerer Lord, MoN, Lvl 4, Scroll, Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield, Collar of khorne, Word of Agony, Chaos Steed
This guy seems geared for combat pretty well but with nurgle he would be much more useful trying to get into the middle of the army and trying for RGR, or staying a distance and shooting high armour targets. Also consider the Golden Eye if you're going to keep him at a distance.
Sorcerer MoN, Puppet, Eye of the gods, Chaos Steed
Any particular reason for EotG here? He shouldn't be challenging any characters or large targets so it might be better to drop this option.
Exalted, MoS, BSB, Rage of the Blood God, Flail, Shield, Chaos Steed
I don't think MoS has a place on characters to be honest. I'm assuming he'll be in a unit, and the mark does not confer to the unit unfortunately. He would be better off unmarked, or maybe nurgle. Definitely not khorne here, since he would be the only frenzy unit.

Champions are really a waste of points here, they'll just get forced a challenge and probably die.

These guys won't be doing much without flails or throwing axes. The only usefulness they have are probably negating ranks or soaking up fire.

5 Warhounds
5 Warhounds

5 Knights, MoN, Standard
5 Knights, MoN, Standard
Musicians provide that extra bit of security with combat res. It's amazing how many times I've been drawn in combat with these guys and won because of a musician.
1 Chariot, MoS
1 Chariot, MoS

1 Warshrine, MoS
To me, your army seems too balanced. You have no focus. You have knights and chariots for damage, marauders to soak up fire, and 2 sorcerers.

I'd either drop the level 4 to a level 2 and pick up some more combat units, or add a 3rd sorcerer somehow.

Finally, scrolls. I never bring my army to the field without 2 at least, and that's in a magic heavy. In combat heavy, I take 4.

Other than those points, the units you do have are pretty solid. Knights and chariots will smash through whatever you throw them at.

·
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well thats amusing its the first time i know of one of my armies been accused of being too balanced :p

The other option was something like this:
-Drop a block of marauders
+Swap the chaos steed on the Sorcerer Lord for a Daemonic Steed
+Give full command to the knights
+Give Banner or Rage to one unit of knights and the warbanner to the other unit.
+add and extra each to the warhound units.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.