Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I have a cunning plan
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This list is built under the South Coast GT comp rules found here.

Sorcerer Lord
-Lv4
-Tzeentch
-Disc
-Golden Eye
-Spell Familiar
-2 Scrolls

Sorcerer
-Lv2
-Infernal Puppet
-Nurgle
-Barded Horse

Exhalted BSB
-Tzeentch
-Disc
-Shield, Flail
-Rod of Torment
-Bloodcurdling Roar

2x 5 Horsemen
-Slaanesh
-Musician
-Throwing axes, Shields

5 Horsemen
-Shields, Flails
-Khorne

4x5 Warhounds

2x 5 Knights
-Slaanesh

Hellcannon

20 Marauders
-Slaanesh

10 Warriors
-Slaanesh
-Halberds, Shields
-Standard, Musician
-Rapturous Standard

1 Spawn

2250pts
8 Power Dice + 1 Bound (Comp Max)
5 Dispel Dice + 2 Scrolls

I think most of this stuff is pretty self explanatory, so thoughts?

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
This looks like a pretty good and ballanced list. It's been a while since I posted, so I will try and keep this consise.

These are the alterations I would plan:

1) Drop the Khorne mark on the horsemen. I know it is tempting to have the extra attacks with flails, but the points can be spent better elsewhere, and this mark can make them easy to lead around, defeating the point of having the extra damage for the flank.

2) Drop 2 maruaders.

3) Get Light Armour and Shields on the remainder marauders. It will improve the survivability of the unit, and make them much tougher to shift in a fight.

If these modifications are allowed by your tournament then those are my suggestions.

ninja out

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
I'd keep at least 1 unit of khorne with flails in every army list. They don't always do good, but when they do good, they can win games. But if you want to give them a better save, give them LA, not shields as you can't use flails and shields in combat, but you can use flails and LA.

Slaanesh of knights only helps them against charging terror causers and the 5% chance they panic. The comp system seems to try and cut down on terror, like no double engines or double giants and never 3 terror in 1 list. I'd also drop at least 1 dog unit, if not 2. 2 units of dogs do wonders, I think 3+ start to clutter up your charge lines. That'll free points up for command and LA&Sh on the marauders.

Or use those points to at least get your warrior unit to 12 strong. 10 seems too weak. I know with the raptorous standard and BSB you have like 60% or something close to pass break tests, but I just think its a small unit.

Besides that I like the list. I usually don't run any infantry though, so I don't know how they fit in with your other units, but you should have enough firepower to force most armies to come to you.

·
I have a cunning plan
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think I need the Hand Weapon and Shields on the Marauders, their role is simply to be a place for the Sorcerer to hide they will literally just move to get in range for buboes and sit there with no intention to go be in combat. This means damage done to them will be from shooting and magic and I don't think a 5+ save is worth 40pts especially since the majority of it will be S4 or AP, 40pts for a 6+ save makes no sense at all to me. If they do get charged I would have probably seen it coming and got the Sorcerer to a safer place in which case it's only a 90 point unit that may be lost.

Having 12 Warriors would be nice but I want Slaanesh on the Knights because its cheap and means that I wont' have to worry about that 5% of the time which when it does happen will be costly. As for the Warhounds it probably is excessive but I like having cheap throw away units in an army plus they are 4 deployments that will give nothing away about my battle plan, they dont have to run at the enemy right away they can sit in the back field out of the way not dieing and holding a table quarter.

I'll see if 10 is too small in play testing but normally infantry doesn't achieve much anyway so I think 10 could suffice, the only reason they are in there is because they look cool and come in the battalion, otherwise I'd have Dragon Ogres instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.