·
PokeSavant
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chaos Lord 375
Mark of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch
Soporific Musk, Bloodcurdling Roar
Chaos Runesword, Enchanted Shield, Collar of Khorne, Favor of the Gods
I wanted him to be mobile, and be able to jump into fights where he needs to go, trying to actually get some mileage out of the EotG table.

Exalted Hero 259
Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut of Khorne
Flail, Shield, Crown of Everlasting Conquest
BSB
This guy will go with the Dragon Ogres to add some more hitting power, and it isn't much, but the little MR will be nice.

Sorcerer 175
2 x Dispel Scroll

Sorcerer 175
2 x Dispel Scroll
They probably won't get Flickering Fire off, but they might. I was going to leave them naked, but I have nowhere to hide them. I am debating switching the items here, as 4 scrolls seems a bit much in my eyes.

4 x 5 Chaos Warhounds 120
Staple cheap drops and screens.

3 x 5 Marauder Horsemen 195
Ran out of points for equipment to be honest. Would have liked to see some spears/light armor, or flails here, but as is, they are great for table quarters and non Dwarven war machines.

2 x 5 Chaos Knights 460
Mark of Khorne
Rank and file meat grinders here.

3 Dragon Ogres 231
Great Weapons
Can openers of the reptilian variety.

2 x Chaos Warshrines 260
Trying out tossing blessings the Lord's way, in order to make him a bit meaner. Nice in the sense that if needed, I can switch attention to the Dragon Ogres/Knights too. Decent at protecting the flanks and backfield as well.

PD - 4
DD - 4 + 4 Dispel Scrolls
13 Placements
54 Models

So basic approach is to run up and beat face. The Sorcerers are there to add some minor fire base, but mainly for defense. BSB running in the line with the Dragon Ogres to make the unit roll through things, and Lord adds in where needed/assassinates.

Any comments would be appreciated. I would really like to find a way to throw in some equipment onto my Marauder Horsemen, and perhaps get a better setup on my Wizards.

·
All Cav WoC General
693 Posts
My thoughts in red :)

Chaos Lord 375
Soporific Musk, Bloodcurdling Roar
Chaos Runesword, Enchanted Shield, Collar of Khorne, Favor of the Gods
I wanted him to be mobile, and be able to jump into fights where he needs to go, trying to actually get some mileage out of the EotG table.

Sounds like a good Choice

Exalted Hero 259
Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut of Khorne
Flail, Shield, Crown of Everlasting Conquest
BSB
This guy will go with the Dragon Ogres to add some more hitting power, and it isn't much, but the little MR will be nice.
Careful here, if he can see someone to charge, he'll charge out of the unit due to frenzy

Sorcerer 175
2 x Dispel Scroll

Sorcerer 175
2 x Dispel Scroll
They probably won't get Flickering Fire off, but they might. I was going to leave them naked, but I have nowhere to hide them. I am debating switching the items here, as 4 scrolls seems a bit much in my eyes.

If you wanna make them more useful, maybe give one infernal puppet and the other the black tongue, to force a miscast and maybe take out an enemy wizard

4 x 5 Chaos Warhounds 120
Staple cheap drops and screens.
4 is a bit much, they'll probably just get in the way more than anything, i'd stick with 2

3 x 5 Marauder Horsemen 195
Ran out of points for equipment to be honest. Would have liked to see some spears/light armor, or flails here, but as is, they are great for table quarters and non Dwarven war machines.

Why not take 2, give them equipment, and fill the 3rd core with 10 marauders (only 40 points) use them as a rear guard

2 x 5 Chaos Knights 460
Mark of Khorne
Rank and file meat grinders here.

Frenzied knights, although hit incredibly hard, are a big liability, if an experienced player baits them, thats 230 points out of your control for a while, and a big unit this army can't be without. I'd say MoT/standard or MoN instead, they are still very killy, but you can actually control them.

3 Dragon Ogres 231
Great Weapons
Can openers of the reptilian variety.
Try to find points for a champ here, that way shooting hits are randomized, it'll keep them alive longer hopefully, plus if you run into a character with killing blow, your bsb doesn't have to get raped, you can take it with the ogre champ (4 Str 7 Attacks and 4 wounds is nice)
2 x Chaos Warshrines 260
Trying out tossing blessings the Lord's way, in order to make him a bit meaner. Nice in the sense that if needed, I can switch attention to the Dragon Ogres/Knights too. Decent at protecting the flanks and backfield as well.

I don't personally like them, but they work for what you're doing here, so i say keep em.

PD - 4
DD - 4 + 4 Dispel Scrolls
13 Placements
54 Models

So basic approach is to run up and beat face. The Sorcerers are there to add some minor fire base, but mainly for defense. BSB running in the line with the Dragon Ogres to make the unit roll through things, and Lord adds in where needed/assassinates.

Any comments would be appreciated. I would really like to find a way to throw in some equipment onto my Marauder Horsemen, and perhaps get a better setup on my Wizards.

·
Registered
180 Posts
In my all cav list i play with 3 units, 4 would seem to bungle up my deployment line and slow me down. However they can be useful to keep the frenzied cavalry under control, place your hounds in front of the knight units, if you want to charge your knights then charge your warhounds at another unit to get them out of the way or keep them there if you don't want them to get baited. Also instead of MoK on one of the knight units give them banner of rage, that will make it so that they can't lose their frenzy, which can be useful especially if youre outnumbered by a fear causing unit, and its only 5 pts more then MoK. And if you free up points elsewhere you can throw them another mark but thats up to you. Another idea i don't know if you have the models for it, but instead of wasting lots of money on discs and marks just leave one or both of your wizards naked with 2 scrolls and put them in chariots, it actually makes the chariots cheaper, increases your wizards armor save, and the chariots are actually helpful for throwing their weight into a fight to tip it in your favor, or protecting your flanks and rear. Also i'm not a big fan of crown of conquest on your bsb. I would prefer to see perhaps bronze armour so he can charge out and engage monsters and protect him from killing blow, and then sword of strength and favour of the gods. His godly AS should keep him alive especially if he is protected from killing blow. And the black tongue and puppet wouldn't fit well in this army.

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
You could always drop the marks/disks and a few dogs to give your lvl1 sorcerers a chariot to ride. So much better use for scroll caddies. You might get a fireball off, or you might get a flickering fire off, or you can have them on chariots and watch them roll over things.

·
PokeSavant
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Roar might be better suited for them, I will look into that...

I only free up 80 points from dropping the marks/discs off of the Sorcerers, and even with a whopping two units of dogs down, I would still be soul searching for another 60 points...

Hard to find the points for chariots, otherwise I might have probably gone that route from the get go.

·
PokeSavant
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Drop the mark and give him a steed. Use the saved points to equip your m.horse.
That seems pretty decent, except it still does leave him seeking a desirable place to hide about. I would love to figure out a way to find those extra points as well, to land him a sweet "hoo-ride"...

Might look at the BSB for that...

Speaking of which, I noticed the first comment posted worries about him charging out...It was my understanding that I would be able to declare a charge with the unit prior to this, so the only case for concern would be if the unit could not declare a charge, but he could...which seems rather daft with positioning, and proper playing.

·
All Cav WoC General
693 Posts
your interpretation is correct, but in certain instances where you might not want to charge, he will have to. All i'm saying is, it poses a slight liability in that he can be baited out of the unit. Competent playing can combat this quite well, but its still something to keep in mind.

·
PokeSavant
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
your interpretation is correct, but in certain instances where you might not want to charge, he will have to. All i'm saying is, it poses a slight liability in that he can be baited out of the unit. Competent playing can combat this quite well, but its still something to keep in mind.
Roger that.

I am pretty good as far as playing goes, so I will keep that in mind for sure, and I do know that sometimes unfortunately there are those times where he can get screwed and baited and there isn't anything I can do about it.

I still wish I could figure it all out though, would love for them both to be in chariots, or some more happy medium than simply dumping him into an unprotected unit...

·
All Cav WoC General
693 Posts
Also, why bother with the shield on the BSB, he won't need it if he's in a unit vs shooting, and in combat hes using a flail. Only application i can see is if you wanna go HW/Shield rather than flail, but that wont happen often as far as i know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.