Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the army I've settled on for the upcoming GT. My first GT, and fairly new to Fantasy. Comments are welcomed;

2250 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Roster - The Raven King

Daemon Prince (1#, 555 Pts)
1 Daemon Prince of Tzeentch
General; Mark of Tzeentch; Magic Level (x4); Causes Terror; Flyer; Stubborn
1 Bloodcurdling Roar
1 Tendrils of Tzeentch

Sorcerer (2#, 210 Pts)
1 Chaos Sorcerer of Tzeentch
Mark of Tzeentch; Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor
1 Disc of Tzeentch
Flaming Attacks; Causes Fear; Flyer
1 Dispel Scroll
1 Golden Eye of Tzeentch

Chaos Hounds (10#, 60 Pts)
10 Chaos Warhounds

10 Chaos Warhounds

10 Chaos Warhounds

Chaos Warriors (12#, 220 Pts)
12 Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh
Mark of Slaanesh; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield

Chaos Warriors (12#, 220 Pts)
12 Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh
Mark of Slaanesh; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield

Chaos Warriors (12#, 240 Pts)
12 Chaos Warriors of Khorne
Mark of Khorne; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Frenzy

Wulfrik (1#, 185 Pts)
1 Wulfrik the Wanderer

Chaos Marauders (12#, 90 Pts)
12 Chaos Marauders of Slaanesh
Mark of Slaanesh; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Shield

Chosen (12#, 350 Pts)
11 Chosen of Nurgle
Mark of Nurgle; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Chaos Armor
1 Champion of Nurgle
Mark of Nurgle; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Chaos Armor
1 Favour of the Gods
1 Banner of Rage

Total Roster Cost: 2250

Created with Army Builder
Copyright (c) 1997-2006 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. All rights reserved.

·
Registered
6 Posts
your mortal units are way too small..............
Break up the units of warhounds.............you are going to be making panic tests early on with them...........it will nt matter whether you have 5 or 10 in the unit..........after a couple of kills, leadership tests are all the same. Also it will give them 6 units of dogs to worry about instead of three. that way at least two or three units will make it to their targets.
Maybe combine some of your other mortal units to make bigger units.

·
555 Posts
They allow special characters in your tournis?

Lose some hounds, you have plenty. Instead add some marauder horsemen.

Whats great about a Infernal Gateway DP, is the threat it poses. Not so much the spell itself.
People will get scared and save they ddice to counter it, allowing you to cast things like Buboes unhindered. My thought would be, add 1 nurgle caster.

The Marauder units are to small (imo) they work best as either 10 strong with greatweapons/naken or 25-30 strong fully tooled-up.
Small units work great as annoyance factor, sure they die fast but that means something else didn't. The big ones pack survivability and static combat res, allowing you time to flank (with a 10 strong GW marauder unit?)

Also, the Collar of Khorne gift (it may be called something else, but the one with mr2) is imo better than roar on the DP.
Instead put Roar on your Disc caster.

For Chosen 12 is enough, but for warriors 15 is usually better (5x3 formation).

Just my $0,02.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!!

Okay, so break up the dogs into 6 units of 5 each. Wise. Done.

Units too small? 12 Warriors seems like a good number. Plus, I don't have any more models to put in. More than 12 Chosen seems very expensive.

I found the Nurgle casters to not make their points back, in the few games I've run. Tzeentch has Treason, Flickering Fire and IG, all great spells. Plus there is the added benefit of a +3 Ward save from shooting for the sorcerer.

Marauders..I'm not actually going to use them for anything else other than claiming a table quarter. Wulfrik will leave them behind some cover and go hunt some special characters himself.

The Roar versus Collar..probably wise advice. I had both on him before, and noticed that I got no use from Collar, but used the Roar every turn - when the dice were good, very effectively. Then I had to shave points and so Collar went. But I can see where getting 555 pnts hosed by a spell would suck. What does everyone else think?

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
This last weekend was in an open list tournament, 5 games. I ran a tzeentch DP with tendrils and magic resistance, so everyone knew he had reistsnace and a 3+ save verse spells. I lost 1 wound on him throughout 5 games in a tournament setting and that was because I accidently let flamers shoot him. He stood in front of a slann and lvl3 skink priest and laughed then flickering fired the priest to death :p

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Compelling evidence Pinkus. Some of my reasoning was that with a ranged attack, the DP made back more of his points instead of not doing anything during the shooting phase. But if I were to actually loose him to a spell..that would be a HUGE loss. Hm.

On another note, since you faced the new lizardmen - how did that nasty little ability of theirs to negate your 6s during spellcasting affect your DP's effectiveness?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.