Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting together a new list for a league tournament in March. Thought I would get an early start and see what you people think of this list.

Treeman Ancient: A Cluster of Radiants, An Annoyance of Netlings, A Befuddlement of Mischiefs

Spellsinger: Lvl 1, Dispel Scroll x2

Noble: Alter Kindred, LA, GW, HoDA, Helm of the Hunt

Noble: The Hunter's Talon, A Pageant of Shrikes

Core:

Glade Guard(10)
Glade Guard(10)
Dryads(8)
Dryads(8)
Glade Riders(5)-Musician

Special:

Wardancers(7)-Musician, Champion
Wild Riders(6)-Musician, Champion
Treekin(4)

Rare:

Treeman

My main worry is magic. I am hoping the noble with the bow and shrikes can take out a mage early so it isn't so much of a worry. So what do you think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
kill off a noble for a branchwarith, beefs up the dryads making them a total killer. And upgrade the spellsinger to lvl 2. With hvy hitters (dancers and wild riders) having MR (1) and a lvl 2 caster trying to dispell u will have a good chance to protect them against any really Major spells going off. Big lesson I learned early going against VC and him getting a Curse of years off.

I think the list is pretty solid. all in all. Those are just suggestions if u want better magic defense since in a tourney your really have no idea what u might play.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi, im new to all of this stuff but i would like to do a battle sometime. i have a 2250 undead list written out but dont know how or where to start a battle, any info how to start one off would be greatly apprieciated!!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I am putting together a new list for a league tournament in March. Thought I would get an early start and see what you people think of this list.

Treeman Ancient: A Cluster of Radiants, An Annoyance of Netlings, A Befuddlement of Mischiefs

Spellsinger: Lvl 1, Dispel Scroll x2

Noble: Alter Kindred, LA, GW, HoDA, Helm of the Hunt

Noble: The Hunter's Talon, A Pageant of Shrikes

Core:

Glade Guard(10)
Glade Guard(10)
Dryads(8)
Dryads(8)
Glade Riders(5)-Musician

Special:

Wardancers(7)-Musician, Champion
Wild Riders(6)-Musician, Champion
Treekin(4)

Rare:

Treeman

My main worry is magic. I am hoping the noble with the bow and shrikes can take out a mage early so it isn't so much of a worry. So what do you think.
Im guessing theres no comp score for this? lol.

Anyway, you should be a sport and drop the Ancient, or at least AoN. Its WAY WAY WAY too powerful.

Throw the Warbanner on those Wild Riders, too.

And possibly drop the noble with the hunters talon. Its good on paper, but Ive yet to see it work effectively in a game. With this set up, I dont really think you need a fourth character. Perhaps just use the points to beef up the units.

Other than that, its a pretty good list.

-BigPappa.

·
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im guessing theres no comp score for this? lol.
True, there is no comp score, but if there was I would probably do well even with this list. 0:

I think the ancient with his spites can at least stand up with the arch-lector and his war alter, the great taurus riding chaos dwarf, and the bret lord on his hippogryph. At least I am not riding a terror causer.

Might I being going overboard, its possible. But I have found that whenever I try to tone down my list a little I get swamped by things I can't beat, so this time I decided to go all out.

If you can find something really busted, please let me know.:?

SirKently

·
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If there were a composition score, you'd probably first get kicked in the throat, and THEN given a -1 for army comp. Two treemen is barking mad.
Maybe, but if everyone else got kicked twice, and THEN given a -2, I would be doing fairly good. You see, everything is relative. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire. Of course, that might not be the best analogy with treemen around.:)

·
Firefly
4,209 Posts
For me this list suffers from lack-of-number-itis. The combination of the Ancient, 4 characters and the treeman means that you lack numbers on the ground.

Although Wood Elves are a small army traditionally this is too small for my tastes.

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
Are all the opponents taking Star Dragons or something? I don't see 2 treemen ever making it in a list of mine, I just think that's a bit much. I think magic may eat your lunch too (in addition to the star dragon) and counting on the one sniper noble to solve the problem could easily backfire. Orcs have T4-5 to start and you could roll crappy ~ or lose your noble to foot of gork or whatever their sniper spell is.

there are other problems with taking 2 Treemen. Certain spells can send them up in flames, or empire/dwarven artillary could blow them apart before they get close to the enemy.

·
Gladewalker
429 Posts
I'm new to this, but I have to agree with some of the above sentiments that this list is too small. I would drop the rare treeman and the sniper noble to add numbers. To help with the magic problem, I'd get a branchwraith or another spellsinger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.