Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I play Warhammer, I usually face High Elves. And my friend has discovered a special characters he likes very much: Teclis. God I don't like him, so when we are playing a battle what is above 2000 points he always takes Teclis, and I came up with the plan to make an anti-teclis armylist. This is were i came up with:

- Highborn, 287pts
Alter Kindred
with light armour, shield and great weapon
Bow of Loren
Arcane bodkins
Amber Pendant

- Noble, 133pts
Hail of doom Arrow
Helm of the hunt

- Noble 135pts
with light armour,
Battle Standard Bearer
Hunters Talon
A Pageant of Shrikes

- Branchwraith 165pts
lvl 1 wizard
with a murder of Spites and cluster of Radiants

- 10 Glade Guard 126pts
with Lord's bowman
-10 Glade Guard 126pts
with Lord's bowman

- 25 eternal guard 380pts
with full command
Banner of Dwindling

- 12 Dryads 144pts
- 12 Dryads 144pts

- 8 Wild riders 269pts
with full command
War banner

- Great Eagle 50pts

-Treeman 285pts

Comments are welcome, but keep in mind that this is an armylist only for only against an High elf army that includes Teclis, I know that this army get slaughterd against other sorts of army's.

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
- Highborn, 287pts
Alter Kindred
Bow of Loren
Arcane bodkins
Amber Pendant

- Noble, 133pts
Hail of doom Arrow
Helm of the hunt

- Noble 135pts
with light armour,
Battle Standard Bearer
Hunters Talon
A Pageant of Shrikes

- Branchwraith 165pts
lvl 1 wizard
with a murder of Spites and cluster of Radiants

- 10 Glade Guard 126pts
with Lord's bowman
-10 Glade Guard 126pts
with Lord's bowman

- 25 eternal guard 380pts
with full command
Banner of Dwindling

- 12 Dryads 144pts
- 12 Dryads 144pts

- 8 Wild riders 269pts
with full command
War banner

- Great Eagle 50pts

-Treeman 285pts

QUOTE]
what else does he have in his army? I think you ought to be able to kill Teclis in about 2-3 turns with this list. Get into range as quick as you can and unload. I don't like the large number of WR, I think you could cut those down to 6. Are those really champions in the GG units? Because they look like Musician point costs. I might switch the pageant of shrikes and put it on the branchwraith. Let him march the first turn and then sit there and use the pageant on Teclis til he dies. That way the BSB with talon can stand back and still pick out Teclis from far away. The dryads are going to take a beating from magic regardless. My problem with the pageant is that it takes some moving to get into range for it. I think there are better things than the amber pendant too. I would just get your alter lord some protection. It looks like your on the fence as to making him a shooter or a combat guy. I would go one or the other. I don't know if great weapon is the way to go. I guess you still have a choice, but that +1 to armor save (HW&Shld) might come in handy as well.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The GG champions and musiciona are at the same cost, it are champions. The reason that I took Amber Pendant was so that I could take out teclis in the second turn by close combat, but what do you recommend instead of Amber Pendant? And why is the wild riders unit to big? I don't play woodelves very long, so that's why al those questions.

·
4,361 Posts
The GG champions and musiciona are at the same cost, it are champions. The reason that I took Amber Pendant was so that I could take out teclis in the second turn by close combat, but what do you recommend instead of Amber Pendant? And why is the wild riders unit to big? I don't play woodelves very long, so that's why al those questions.
Wild riders are recommended a 6 strong as this is what can hit a ranked up unit 5 wide with all members attacking. WE armies usually have a small model count and you don't want to get into too many combats where some of your models aren't able to hit. I would say this also applies to the dryads. You have 24 models now so I would break them into 3 units of 8.

I agree with Buckero0 that the amber pendant isn't best on your highborn. You don't want a character with some magic for shooting and some for combat. When you are using your ranged attacks, the amber pendant goes to waste. And when you are in combat, the bow and arrows go to waste. Always seems best to pick one role for a character and max out is capability in that role. The amber pendant is nice vs HE's, so if you want it, tool up one of the nobles with it for combat and give the highborn a save of some kind.

SirKently

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for clearing those things up for me. I thought that I could switch Amber Pendant for Glamourwave, so he gets a 4+ ward save against magic missiles and shooting attacks, if I put him in a forest within 2 inch of the edge, and they want to shoot him they get a -2 to hit, and I get a 4+ wardsave. This isn't bad right?

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
The Wild Riders unit is too large.

If you could find points for 10 more archers, you can do a lot of damage to High Elves, which can matter a lot once you're in combat with the buggers.

Hunters Talon and Pageant is a waste. Against HE mages, they might actually work out, but I'd rather have something to keep the BSB alive. He's really important to stubborn units who are going to be taking some heavy casualties.

·
Gladewalker
429 Posts
Thanks for clearing those things up for me. I thought that I could switch Amber Pendant for Glamourwave, so he gets a 4+ ward save against magic missiles and shooting attacks, if I put him in a forest within 2 inch of the edge, and they want to shoot him they get a -2 to hit, and I get a 4+ wardsave. This isn't bad right?
That is the way I am planning on running my alter except I also have an enchanted shield so he has -2 to hit, 4+ armor v shooting, and a 4+ ward v shooting. If he were to enter combat use the shield with a hand weapon for 5 S4 attacks and 3+ armor (the enemy also has to pass the Ld test from the glamourweave or hit you on 6s). This version is expensive but a good all-rounder.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The problem is if I'm gong to take 10 more archers, it probably won't kill much. Let's say my oppenent has discovered that I like to shoot, so his army is usually much white lions, and other stuff that's hard to kill with archers (bolt throwers, chariots), so the only thing I usually can shoot with ease are his archers (wich run almost always away after a volley of 20 shot) and his only unit spearman(I just love the HoDA). After this there is not much left to shoot.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Trust me shooting is ur friend against high elves especially with ther new rule always stike first.

If a unit of 18 gnoblar trappers can destroy a unit of 25 White Lions over 3 turns they you can do it a whole lot easier.

Trust me i'm, not lying this has happened :C

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
That they can do some damage to RBT is true (not much but something), but always as I shoot at White lions, only 1 or none die(I don't know why, but I have always bad dice rolls). But maybe I just have to trust the more experienced ones. This is my new list, based on the
tips I have get:

- Highborn 282pts
Alter Kindred
Bow of Loren
Arcane Bodkins
Glamourwave

- Branchwraith 165pts
lvl 1 wizard
Pageant of Sshrikes
Cluster of Radiants

- Noble 135pts
light armour
BSB
Hunters Talon

- Noble 133pts
light armour, shield, great weapon
HoDA
HotH

-10 Glade Guard 126pts
lord's bowman
-10 Glade guard 126pts
lord's bowman
-10 Glade Guard 120pts

- 8 Dryads 96pts
- 8 Dryads 96pts
- 8 Dryads 96pts

- 20 Eternal Guard 320pts
FC, Banner of Dwindling

- 6 Wild riders 217pts
FC, War banner

- Great Eagle 50pts

- Treeman 285pts

Comments are welcome

·
Gladewalker
429 Posts
The highborn has 105 points of magic items.

·
Registered
23 Posts
now it's time for me to give some comments to you. ;)

- Highborn 297pts
Alter Kindred
Bow of Loren
Arcane Bodkins
Glamourwave
Briarsheath
You cant have light armour AND briarsheath (i made the same mistake to) and since you have 105 points of magic items on your Highborn, i would lose the glamourweave and trade it in for a common talisman of protection. This will give you a 6+ ward save, but it only lacks the leadership test thingy.

i dont know if you can have a great weapon and a shield either since a great weapon is two handed, there is no free hand to use the shield. So i suppose you have to lose the shield to.

These changes would leave you with enough spare points to give all your glade guards a musician. :) since this will cost you about the same amount. ;)

·
Bearded Ninja
2,678 Posts
the sheild can be used against ranged attacks, or if he should choose to do so in combat with the hand weapon. doubtful of course. but having extra protection against ranged fire is always nice :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've dropped briarsheath, had made a math mistake. Adn I've taken glamourwave with a reason: my alter noble is going to do some shootin, and no combat. The enemy needs another way to kill him, so he's going to use magic/shooting to kill him. Then I've a 4+ wardsave wich is good. And the great weapon is just to be sure, if I see something that's need to be killed by combat i'll charge him ( and don't use my shield ofcourse). And over the musicion in the GG, I rather choose a champion for the same costs.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I know its now much, but i would personally drop the champion in the Wild Rider unit.

But its all down to the point of whether or not u want him to take away the fury of an over powered character.

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
here's another little hint. Don't shoot at the White Lions, other than knights, they have the best save in the army. If you're going to shoot, shoot at things that can die. Chariots have a poor save and are only T4. When within 15" they go down pretty easy (even the Lion chariots die) A couple of wounds on them to start and then a couple more in a stand and shoot. Also remember chariots blow up when they hit trees (take hits at least)

RBT's usually clean a WE's clock. They can take down treemen, glade guard, wild riders, etc. You haven't told us what the HE player takes, but you want to aim your shooting at the units he can't take big saves from. Spearmen and Swordmasters come to mind. He must not take a lot of magic, otherwise, you would have more defense.

·
Gladewalker
429 Posts
I believe RBTs are overrated. While they are great against any of our troops. They suffer from a lot of to hit penalties against us: over half range, skirmish, forest, etc.

I've been rushing them with a cheap group of dryads which has proved successful. Doing this you come out even on points your dryads (96) verses their 100pts. Skirmishing, T4, and 5+ ward help keep you alive. It is also better than the alternative of lossing fragile models like dancers.

Waywatchers and sniper upgrades (shrike, hunter's talon) would drop these guys easily too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.