Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys; this is my first attempt at making a DE army; I only used 2208 points, so there is 42 points of wiggle room if you guys have any suggestions (which I am sure you will).

Dreadlord
Pendant of Khaleth
Armour of Darkness
Soulrender

Sorceress
Dispel Scroll x2

Sorceress
Dispel Scroll x1
Ring of Hotek

Shades x6
Great Weapons

Assassin
Rending Stars
Manbane
Additional Hand Weapon

Repeater Crossbowmen x10

Repeater Crossbowmen x10

Dark Riders x5
Musician

Dark Riders x5
Musician

Black Guard x25
Full Command
Standard of Hag Graef

War Hydra

Repeater Bolt Throwers x2

Spearmen x20
Shields

Spearmen x20
Shields

The assassin would go in the unit of Shades, the sorceresses would go in forests/buildings, or the spearmen blocks I suppose (this would probably be better for the one carrying the RoH, as it gives my army some magic defense), and the general will obviously go in the BG.

Please, say what you want-
are there any units that don't fit in?
Should I replace such and such a unit?
Is there a more optimal method of gaining magical defense? (I really don't want a magic heavy army; I have Tzeentch/Khorne Daemons, and many people at tournaments take magic heavy armies.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dreadlord
Pendant of Khaleth
Armour of Darkness
Soulrender When your already str 6th armor piercing isn't really that good imo, better off just paying 4pts for a regular great wepon

Sorceress
Dispel Scroll x2

Sorceress
Dispel Scroll x1
Ring of Hotek Hotek should not be taken on a magic user, it cuases her to mis cast aswell, you should put it on the unit champion of your black guard

Shades x6
Great Weapons

Assassin
Rending Stars
Manbane
Additional Hand Weapon

Repeater Crossbowmen x10

Repeater Crossbowmen x10

Dark Riders x5
Musician
I prefer them with crossbows aswell so they can shoot while running around 18" a turn
Dark Riders x5
Musician

Black Guard x25
Full Command
Standard of Hag Graef Unit cap size is 20, i would drop it down to 18 run it 6-6-6 and if you can get some cold on knights or executioners for a hard hilting unit.
War Hydra

Repeater Bolt Throwers x2

Spearmen x20
Shields
Personally I'm not a fan of spear men I would get more crossbowmen
Spearmen x20
Shields

The assassin would go in the unit of Shades, the sorceresses would go in forests/buildings, or the spearmen blocks I suppose (this would probably be better for the one carrying the RoH, as it gives my army some magic defense), and the general will obviously go in the BG.

Please, say what you want-
are there any units that don't fit in?
Should I replace such and such a unit?
Is there a more optimal method of gaining magical defense? (I really don't want a magic heavy army; I have Tzeentch/Khorne Daemons, and many people at tournaments take magic heavy armies.)
Hope that helps

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That does help man, thanks. Hhahah I noticed the maximum size on the BG like an hour after I posted it too, actually; I guess it would be pretty ridiculous to have an huge, unbreakable amazing unit if you chose to take Kouran lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts