Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2350pts. Orc army
I am facing an Orgre Kingdom army, is my first time to play against them, so I need some help how to whip em out. I cant find the reference sheet for the Orgres wich makes it more difficult.
The reason why I pick Savage Orc is because of there immunity to Fear ect.
I am planing to use the two Giant and the Wyvern to cause some terror duo to the Orgres low ld, and soft em up with some flyving rocks, The boar boys on the flanks, centre the boys, with the General and NOT flying around the table. If he try's to hit Da WarBoss with magic then the Sizzla's effect will take action.

Lord
* Orc Warboss General 411
- Great axe, Wyvern, Drog's dread 'ard armour, Sizzla's shiny baubles

Hereos
* Orc Shaman 185
- Level 2, 2 x dispel scroll

* Orc Battle Standard 162
- Shield, Armour of Gork

Core
* 22 Savage Orc 248
- Spears, shield, warpaint, full cmd

* 22 Savage Orc 248

* 22 Savage Orc big uns 292

Special
* 2 x Rock lobber 150
- orc bully

* 5 Savage orc Boar boyz 143

* 5 Savage orc Boar boyz 143

Rare
* Giant 205

* Giant 205

·
Registered
171 Posts
My advice would be to take out the wyvern, and use all of those points to make all of your characters savage (just seems right), plus give them warpaint, which will leave you enough points for another lvl2 savage orc shaman with double doin' doo-dahs.

The giants will only cause fear btw, but on the up side, the savage orcs aren't going to be affected by fear.

Basically, you won't get a charge in unless you use hand of gork or get an animosity move, so make sure the Ogres don't get a bull charge, and kill as many as possible with magic and shooting.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sound like a good idear. i have totally forgotten about the terror-fear stuff rule
so i think i will remove 1 giant and the wyvern, and add a doom driver and spice the characters up a bit

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
The important thing is to not let the ogres charge you, that bull charge can be a killer and they are all at least strength 4. Bear in mind your savage orcs on foot will get no armour save so will die quite easily. Have you thought of replacing one of the rock lobbers with a pair of spear chukkas? Given the rather unpredictabel nature of lobbers it could help to have a mix.

It may be worth keeping the wyvern, not so much for the terror but for the ability to get behind your opponents line and set up a rear charge. As the savage orcs are immune to psycology they won't need the generals leadership for stuff like fear etc. Ideally with the giant you can tie a unit down to allow your foot troops to get stuck in and then bring in the wyvern for some rear charging.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I would not concerntrate on killing the ogres I'd Try to Break them with rank bonuses because IMO often with Ogres armies once you break the leader the others swifty follow :)

(Belive me I'm an Ogre Player :( )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts