Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just curious about the whole years of warhammer thing. I at college, trapped in a small room with all my engineering books and my computer. So all i can do with this hobby now is kinda view from the outside and endless amounts of mathhammer (you seriously have no idea how many battles i played against myslef on paper its sad). And im just wondering if im the only person who has no idea what GW is doing for the 25 year thing.

I would expect a huge promotion or campaign that doenst change rules like the medusa campaign for 40k.

Just wondering if i was missing some big picutre or if its just in store promotions and pitched games/paintingmodeling lessons.

Back to my books..........

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
It's always nice to discover someone else who knows how tough engineering is :)

I don't know that much that's going on in terms of events, but I remember reading about some special releases to mark the 25th anniversary. I saw a few of these mentioned in a thread on Warseer about release dates. There's going to be a special limited edition of the 7th ed rulebook a model of "Harry the Hammer" (who is apparently the guy on the inside cover of the rulebook?) and a few army box sets. What will be in these I'm not sure but since it's an anniversary there's a good chance there will be some classic models in there somewhere. Like I said, I only saw these mentioned in a thread elsewhere on the web so I'm not certain.

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
I'm hoping for a 25% discount. :p But since that's probably not goign to happen...

I'm thinking a storewide campaign (who cares), a free model with the white dwarf and that'll be it, i fear.

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
Harry the Hammer is that guy with the bucket helm and green hair hitting a skeleton on the inside cover of the new rulebook- that picture was the cover of the original WHFB i believe.

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
Harry the Hammer is that guy with the bucket helm and green hair hitting a skeleton on the inside cover of the new rulebook- that picture was the cover of the original WHFB i believe.
Thanks for confirming that, I assumed that was him but I couldn't be sure.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have heard that they are doing boxed armies for the races of warhammer - 40k is getting its new version, so does not need further promoting (espcially after apoc last year) so its army deals for warhammer. They are also supposed to be appearing in April (or around then)

·
481 Posts
I know in the new limited edition 7th edition rulebook there going to include the rules for first edition warhammer as well. I think it's a pretty cool thing, may be a neat way to change things up for a game or two with your friends, I wouldn't mind seeing how things were played way back in the days.

·
Registered
301 Posts
hmm just the rules? It certainly sounds fun (and its like two games in one!) but I hope that they include some codex amendments or something along those lines or the rules and the current codexes will be at such odds as to mess each other up == though I speak from a 40K point of view, I reckon in 7 versions that even the core rules of fantasy have had a big change -- still it will be interesting

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
hmm just the rules? It certainly sounds fun (and its like two games in one!) but I hope that they include some codex amendments or something along those lines or the rules and the current codexes will be at such odds as to mess each other up == though I speak from a 40K point of view, I reckon in 7 versions that even the core rules of fantasy have had a big change -- still it will be interesting
Oh god, i never player 1st edition- but i remember in the days of 3rd edition, before combat resolution, close combat between units could take all game! they would have to publish updated statlines because IIRC there was at least one attribute thats no longer used- Will Power- i remember the magic system being a bit convoluted as well- would be interesting to see how things have changed though!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I have the books for fantasy 2nd edition at home, there was a rulebook, bestiary and battle magic book. Games went on forever. Now if you lose combat you take a break test, if you fail you run. 2nd edition you lost the combat, took the test and got pushed back 2 inches, you didn't break until you were pushed back and the unit had taken a total of 25% casualties. It really was a long game then :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.