Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a 2500 Beastmen list but I feel that it's missing something here it is:

Lord
Great Bray-Shaman + Uncanny Instincts + Jagged Dagger + Fencer's Blade + Talisman Of Preservation = 300

Hero
Wargor + AHW + Heavy Armour + Shield + BSB + Beast Banner = 120

Core
49 Gors + Shield + Full Command = 417
2x 10 Ungor Raiders + Full Command = 138
2x Tuskgor Chariots = 160

Special
48 Beastigor + Full Command + Razor Banner = 651
3x Razorgor Herd = 165

Rare
2x Jabberslythe's = 550

Total

Which units &/or magic items should I add/drop suggestions. Any help is well appreciated thanx

·
Registered
288 Posts
Here are some points to consider...

Point 1... Even though we are a horde army 48 bestigors and 49 gors are almost too many to be effective. Maybe lower the number to 42 max and get another unit of gors somewhere.
Point 2... Jabbers are a over priced and very vulnerable. Not a very efficient unit for the points. All of our big nastys are too pricy for their effectiveness... another block of Gors is better
Point 3... I would suggest getting more shamen and a herd stone. That way you can spam the sig spell from the lore of shadow (take beasts on your great shaman)
Point 4... Too few units makes it much easier for your opponents to turn your flank
Point 5... Razorgors are best when run solo.
Point 6... Full command on raiders is a waste of points... just go musician only.
Point 7... Shields on Gors are wasted points. the 6+ save wouldn't keep them alive against anything. Switch to additional hand weapon and lay the hurt down on your opponent. The beast army is about getting into your opponent and wailing on them as hard and fast as you can. You get to re-roll missed attacks so maximize the amount of attacks you can throw down! This army isn't about grinding it out... its about maximizing casulties. This army can be tabled quite easilly and can easilly table any opponent. Its a high risk/high reward type army!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Here is a 2500 list I like to use...

Lord
Great Bray Shaman - Lv4 (Steel claws or Fencers, jagged dagger, Tal of Pres) Lore of Beasts - 325

Hero
Shaman #1 - Lv1 Lore of Shadow - 75
Shaman #2 - Lv1 (Dispel Scroll) Lore of Shadow - 100
Shaman #3 - Lv1 (Herdstone) Lore of Shadow - 125
Wargor - BSB Hv/Sh (Many limbed Fiend, Gnarled Hide, Beast Banner) - 226

Core
Gor Herdx40 - AHW, full command - 345
Gor Herdx39 - AHW full command - 337 (bsb goes here)
Ungor Raidersx10 - musician - 63
Ungor Raidersx10 - musician - 63

Special
Bestigor Herdx30 - full command (Standard of Discipline) - 405 (Lv4 goes here)
Minotaursx4 - AHW - 236
Razorgor - 55
Razorgor - 55
Harpiesx8 - 88

points = 2498

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a feeling I was missing something I will make modifications, thanx for the advice TimA. :)

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
TimA has given you solid advice, but allow me to throw in a few other things:

1. Personally, I like a lot of your setup, but I feel that what's missing is Leadership. The Jabbers are overpriced and they make points tight, so I suggest you part ways with them, and try to get a Beastlord and maybe the Standard of Discipline in there.

2. 50 Gors helps make minimum Core, so I don't have much issue with them. 50 Bestigors strike me as a bit pricey for this points total unless you skip out on magic, though. I'd grab a Herdstone posse similar to what TimA is suggesting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts