Sgt w/ Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon
x4 Missle Launchers

Devastator Squad x10 245 Pts
Sgt w/ Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon
x2 Heavy Bolters
x2 Multimeltas

Total Points: 2500

Additional Info:
I'm got to looking at my collection and got to thinking that if I am going to go to 'Ard Boyz this year, why not do something cool like take an entire space marine battle company.

Shrike: First, I love the fluff of the model. Second, having my marines fleet could be critical to positioning my ground pounding units. :act-up: Assault marines that can charge 18+d6" just give me the giggles.

Inquisitor: With all of the ways that things can deep strike in at me, for 40 pts, the chance to be able to blast them first really tickles my fancy.

Command Squad: I was really torn on what to do with the rest of my points. I could either up grade a bunch of my missile launchers to lascannons, throw in another HQ, add in my scratch built thunder-fire, or go this route. With KP being a highlight of 'Ard Boyz last year I decided a 5 wound kill point over a 1-2 wound kill point was a better deal.

Thanks in advance for your critiques,

TZ

·
4,967 Posts
The HQ is good but if you use Shrike you must design the list around him. At the moment only 2 of your units will make good use of fleet. As the list stands you should drop shrike and get your combat tactics back. Your army is good but it just isn't a Shrike list. If you like Shrike take some assault termies and squap 2-3 tac squads out for units of 10 scouts with 9bp/ccw and 1 shotgun/PF. Using scout move, infiltrate and fleet these units and one assault marine unit can get a first turn charge.

And get rid of the devastators. 3xMM attack bikes are far better as they can move & fire and you don't have to wait for a stupid enemy to move his land raiders to within 12" of your MM dev squad.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I will concede the point on Shrike. I don't picture all 100 marines charging across the board in too many situations....

I could switch Shrike and one of the Dev. power weapons for a plain captain with bolter w/ hellfire rounds and a thunderfire.

This would provide a lot more firepower for the same points.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts