Great Weapon, Rune of Stone, Master Rune of Balance, Rune of Spellbreaking

81 Master Engineer
Great Weapon, Rune of Stone

314 Quarrellers (21) [7x3]
Great Weapons, Standard, Musician

314 Quarrellers (21) [7x3]
Great Weapons, Standard, Musician

375 Hammerers (20) [7x3] (BSB here)
Champ, Standard, Master Rune of Stromni Red Beard (whichever one grants Stubborn)

352 Ironbreakers (23) [5x5] (GEN & Runesmith here)
Full Command

145 Cannon
Rune of Forging
or
145 Grudgethrower
Rune of Penetrating, Rune of Forging

150 Cannon
Rune of Forging, Rune of Burning

170 Organ Gun
Rune of Forging, Rune of Accuracy

145 Organ Gun (Master Engineer here)
Rune of Accuracy

So the idea here here with this army is to center the Hammerer Unit and flank it on either side with the Quarrellers. This gives all three units Stubborn and a 5++ versus Magic Missiles and Shooting. They are there to hold units in place as long as possible, which in my experience is until each and every one is dead. Meanwhile they are hitting people in the face with strength 5 or 6 attacks respectively. Plus to Quarrellers are throwing out 14 Strength 4 shots. The Ironbreakers unit does what it does best hold down the flank, can you say 5+ Parry saves no matter what. All that is backed up with 2 cannons and 2 Organ Guns one of which is shooting with BS 5.

My question is can this hold up against these crazy Beastmen/Chaos End Times lists floating around?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I really like this list not sure how it will fair but i like it think it has alot going for it and i love your centre line you se this up in a corner and its whoever can slog the hardest. you are relying on that shooting to strip your opponent before they get to you but that should be do able with the amount of fire power that you have shouldn't be to hard though i think i would swap a cannon for grudge thrower with 2 runes of penetrating to have a str 5 grudge thrower to splat big blocks of nurgle beastmen.

If you use this list let us know how it goes as i have been feeling that dwarfs are struggling in the new end times :)

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
2 runes of penetrating don't give S5 on the stone thrower. Its S4/10 and can re-roll to wound once per game with it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are right Lucas. I see what you are saying about the grudgethrower DK. I can swap out the lower cost cannon for a Grudge thrower with Rune of Penetrating and Rune of Forging for exactly the same price tag. That gives me something to deal with big blocks of troops.

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
I for some reason prefer stone throwers to cannons, and thunderers than xbows. I would swap one cannon out for another stone thrower and any spare pts could go towards another engineer or some bolt throwers?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@ Lucas. I almost always get an extra round of shooting off when I run xbows. Yes I agree the Thunderers punch harder, but in my area people are running Skaven, Empire, or Elves which I don't need the extra -1 save to down a fair amunt of troops. If someone is running WoC or knights the Organ guns can take care of them better than Thunderers or Quarrellers. As for the double Grudgethrower I face way too many T6 models that I need that assurance of a strength 10 cannonball. Plus for some reason I always scatter off target. MAybe I can put an engineer with the Grudgethrower and count on the lower BS of the Organ gun.

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
Fair does, just what I would use. I would keep the engineer with the organ gun, they are just too good together.
You are also very luck to have such low armour in your area.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Engineer is GREAT with the Organ gun!
The low saves are great, but I am always outnumbered and get smashed in combat before I get a chance to do anything a Dwarf trait I know.
What kind of Thane builds do you guys run. Great weapon and survival or Killy?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
My lord (only comes out at 2.5k) lord great weapon Shield bearers 2 runes of iron 1 Rune of fortitude 3 runes of warding. That's a strength 6 tough 7 6 wounds 2+ 4++ oh hello chaos lord bang have a hammer to the face :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts