Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a lot of fun converting a model to use as Eltharion, so I'm trying to put a list together to make use of it. I'm very new to the game, so any/all suggestions to the list are welcome.

• Lords
    • Eltharion, Fire
      • Stormwing

• Heroes -
    • Noble BSB -
      • Armor of Caledor
      • Talisman of Loec
      • Ironcurse Icon
      • Great Weapon
      • Barded Steed

• Korhil -

• Mage, Shadow -
      • Lvl 2
      • Seerstaff (Mindrazor, Withering)
    • Mage, Light –
      • Lvl 2
      • Silver Wand

• Core -
    • 20 Spears -
      • Full Command
      • Banner of Eternal Flame
    • 18 Archers -
      • Musician
    • 18 Archers -
      • Musician

• Special -
    • 20 Phoenix Guard -
      • Full Command
      • Sacred Incense
      • Banner of Sorcery
    • 7 Dragon Princes -
      • Musician
      • Standard Bearer
      • Banner of Ellyrion

• Rare -
    • Great Eagle
    • Great Eagle

I know the min core is not met, but I play only with some friends and they're fine with it being 24.8% instead of 25%. Flaming banner is on spearmen because I end up against a lot of empire knights, BSB goes in the Dragon Princes and acts as a super killy hammer unit. Korhil goes in the phoenix guard to make them stubborn and add some damage potential, and mages are bunkered in the archer units.

·
Registered
616 Posts
A few things:
1. too many characters. You don't need 3 mages in this game. At best only 2 of them will use any dice. I'd drop the Light mage personally.
2. Beasts is a much better lore for Eltharion. Have you seen him at +3S and +3atk? or about getting rid of that annoying T3 with the sig spell? And, since he has trouble dealing with hordes, why not just cast Curse of Anraheir on them, so if they move they will lose about 1/3 of their models (don't forget that even open terrain counts as terrain)
3. Your spears need to be larger. At this size at least 30 models. If you combine the archers into one unit you could use the extra points for more guys
4. Same with PG. even with 4++, 20 just won't last that long without a lvl4 life.
5. DP's are OK, but you should try to get at least 2 ranks of 5 on them (preferably 10-12 total). Also, you BSB should have some type of ward (perhaps AofC+Guardian Phoenix)
6. I love the big birds. Keep using them :)

Overall it looks like a fun list to play!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply!
I liked the look of beasts as well, but the higher casting costs kinda put me off it to avoid potential mistcasts, I liked either Fire or Death so I could use him as a character/warmachine hunter, but with two eagles for warmachines I could give beasts a try. Light mage I had in there for protection against cannons with phias, as I play empire mostly.

So I'm thinking drop the shadow mage, and give seerstaff to the light mage to take Phias, Net, and Timewarp, to get spears/guard into combat sooner and keep them alive. Buff up the spears unit to 30, and lose the champion, and combine the archers into a 2x15 unit of 30. That, along with dropping the one mage lets me put 9 DPs in the unit with the BSB, who swaps Loec for Guardian Phoenix. I think I'll leave the PG at 20, as with buffs from light and the sacred incense I think they'll make it to combat, especially with eltharion, a block of DPs and two eagles moving around to take care of shooting. Also, I have some swordmaster models, would they work perhaps instead of phoenix guard?

So here's the list with some tweaks:

Lords
Eltharion, (Beasts/Death)
Stormwing

Heroes -
Noble BSB -
Armor of Caledor
Guardian Phoenix
Great Weapon
Barded Steed

Korhil

Mage, Light –
Lvl 2
Silver Wand
Seerstaff (Phias, Net, Timewarp)
Ironcurse Icon

Core -
30 Spears -
Mus + std bearer
Banner of Eternal Flame

30 Archers -
Musician

Special -
20 Phoenix Guard -
Full Command
Sacred Incense
Banner of Sorcery
9 Dragon Princes -
Musician
Standard Bearer
Banner of Ellyrion

Rare -
Great Eagle
Great Eagle

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi there, the revised list looks alot better although the archers only shoot in 2 ranks normally so a group of 20 then a group of 10 may be better. Volley fire is good but hitting on 5's then wounding on 4's or 5's is depressing

·
Registered
616 Posts
also, your lvl2 mage in the 2nd list is illegal. It has 2 arcane items, and it can only have one. Also, I would strongly recommend Shadow- it's one of our best lores. Also, the Sacred Incense on the PG is unnecessary. Most shooting attacks that they care about don't use BS.
I also agree on making the archers smaller. 20 would be 10x2 and then swift reform into 5x4 for ranks if necessary.
PS- about the Sacred Incense- you could do the same thing with Shadow and save points (i.e. more guys)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
If i could just add a note you said about high casting values for the lore of beasts but remember you will be mostly buffing eltherion and he rides storm wing which is a beast giving you a +1 to your casting rolls just to remind you :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts