Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:Di have decided to redo my list as there are a few mistakes. plz ignore my old tread i have no idea how to delete it
anyway here it is:

karl franz on barded warhorse, reikland runefang-364

bsb captain with full plate, enchanted sheild and talisman of prez-141
lvl 2 wiz-100
master engineer-65
warriror priest, g weap and eavy arma-72

40 halbediers (the company of honor), FC, 20 free company detach, 14 swordsmen detach-488
20 spears with FC-150
10 handgunners, marksman with hochland long-120
9 inner circle knights, fc, steel standard-290

30 greatswords, FC-250
5 pistoliers, musician-100
2 great cannons-240

helblaster-120

total-2500 exactly

karl franz would join the inner circle, while the pistoliers attempt to redirect enemies to allow the knights to flank em. warriror priest and BSB will join the company of honor and the wizard will hide in the handgunners.

i will be taking lore of life. what do y'all think? feedback and advice needed :)

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Not bad! If you're not giving them great weapons, and if you don't need them to fill core points, your knights are better off as reiksguard.

You're going down the wrong mental path with the wizard. For a L4, it's fine to choose a lore based on a spell (like mindrazor) that you'd like to get, but for a L2, you need to choose based on how happy you'd be with the worst two spells, since you have little chance of getting a best case pair of spells. Go with a lore where you'd be thrilled to have the signature spell (beasts and fire come to mind) on your L2.

Other than that, definitely ditch the HLR and preferably change the gunners to crossbowmen. Also, this unit is the place for your wizard, not the greatswords!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your feedback! i will now hide my wizard, who will be taking the lore of life (to buff my units), in the handgunners. i have decided against dropping the helblaster or switching to crossbowmen because i have played a few games and they are pretty effective in forcing your opponet forward (no one wants to get pounded by 2 cannons, a helblaster and 10 handgunners). the reason the knights arent reiksguard is so i can freely switch between gw and lances without having to edit my list.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
after playing a few games i think marnepup was right so i dropped the helblaster and the engineer
the list has been redone a bit plz let me know what you thinK:

lvl 2 wiz-100

40 halbediers (the company of honor), FC, 20 free company detach, 20 halbediers detach-510
10 handgunners, marksman with hochland long-120

30 greatswords, FC, gleaming pendant, 15 swordsmen detach-360
2 great cannons-240

celestial hurricanum

total-2499

things that have been added:
-swordsmen detachment moved to greatswords to benefit from stubborn
-additional WP will join the greatswords
-greatswords given gleaming pendant (because i had spare 5 points)
-company of onor given 20 halbediers as a detachment
-engineer and helblaster removed, in favor for a celestial hurricanum

again all feedback is welcome0)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Seems that i replied to the wrong thread lol. Well here's what i can say about this list. The 15 swordsmen are far to small to be of use to the greatswords, I would remove them and add their points into making the greatswords bigger 40+, plus giving them a better standard. id replace the free company with halberds since the str 4 would be better then 2 str 3 atks. As well as giving your knights a priest, cause when they charge you will want to be sure they hit, since ws4 isn't that great. Aside from that its solid, so those are my thoughts.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol. thanks for your advice! i probally should have said but the greatswords are not going to be a horde. theres just not enough room for 2 hordes to be effective in my opinion. the free company are easily switched to halberdiers since they cost the same amount of points. with the priest in the knights im reluctant to put one there simply because that would be alot of points invested in one unit and i think Karl Franz's runefang should be enough to tip the scales in my favour. i will work on replacing the 15 swordsmen though. a new list should be up sometime:D

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
KF, for what it's worth, I agree. Priests and captains are great, but they cost as much as 15-20 staties. Overspend on them, and you get a low model count T3, mostly S3 army. Sounds too much like playing HE, only without the OP magic. Worse, what if the points that you spend on a captain make the unit non-steadfast? Oops. The only captain that I take is my BSB.

My theory on captains is that they're for units operating outside the BSB bubble. When you have steadfast rerollable LD8+ (9 for generals, 10 for KF), do you really need to spend a hundred points per unit on cold blooded?

My theory on priests is that they're...awesome. LD8, hatred, and cheap buffs. Every core statie regiment of at least 30 models should have one. They also make great leaders for regiments of knights...but in this list? No. It's already hideously expensive with KF, and as you said, with him on board, they don't need hatred to be an effective hammer.

Reactions: KarlFranz

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i noticed that the crown of command is pretty cheap for giving 3 units stubborn!(parent and 2 detachments). list has been edited slightly to take advantage of that

lvl 2 wiz-100
warriror priest, g weap and eavy arma, crown of command-107

40 halbediers (the company of honor), FC, 20 free company detach, 20 halbediers detach-510
10 crossbowmen-90

30 greatswords, FC, 15 swordsmen detach-360
2 great cannons-240

celestial hurricanum

total-2499

things that have been added:
-crown of command on WP joining the halbedier horde= 3 stubborn cold-blooded units with rerolls :victory:
-no more hochland or gleaming pendant
-gunners are now crossbowmen

again all feedback is welcome0)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Pretty solid looking list to me, but i wouldn't put The Crown of Command to a Priest that has only 5+ regular armor. As soon as anything with attacks hits your priest the Stubborness is gone. But if you use the Halberdiers in Horde formation, and put the Priest in the front corner and get no units in your flank that might work. Otherwise i would drop the GW from him, and replace it with the Enchanted Shield, or just something, 'cause when your 107pts Stubborn falls it can be frustrating. (BTW my mother language isn't English so this can be a little messy, sry.)

-nikxa

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Nikxa, your English is pretty solid. The 'mother language' bit makes me think that you might be German? In English, that would be 'native language.'

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nikxa, your English is pretty solid. The 'mother language' bit makes me think that you might be German? In English, that would be 'native language.'
Yup, i thought that it wasn't mother language, but i didn't have the urge to run it in google translator. BTW i'm not from Germany, but you're awfully close, for i'm from Finland. But shall we get back to the Karl's Army List? What do you think about the Crown of Command, and the almost naked priest?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thnks for ur advice but the ive already given the enchanted sheild to my captain. the halbediers are in a horde and ive been sticking him in the corner and it works fine

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
To be honest, I think the crown is a good idea... On an arch lector with armor of destiny and shield leading a horde of 60 halberds... The two detachments of 30 would actually be worthy of melee in their own right, especially with the inherited special rules.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts