Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running this list at a RTT on saturday and will let you guys know how it faired. I'm honestly not a competitive player and I run lists that seem fun to me. 3 thunderstomps and 3 breath weapons all with fly seems like a fun list to me. Horsemen are only in there for a banner in the scenarios I need it for (already know all the scenarios)

Lords
  • Daemon PrinceChaos Armour, Demonic Flight, Lore of Fire, Mark of Khorne
    • Gifts of ChaosFlaming Breath, Scaled Skin, Soul feeder
    • Magic ItemsCharmed Shield, Dragonbane Gem, Sword of Striking
Heroes
  • Exalted HeroArmy Battle Standard, Great weapon, Juggernaut of Khorne, Mark of Khorne
    • Magic ItemsTalisman of Preservation
Core
  • Chaos Chariot (not enough points for Slaanesh on this one)
  • Chaos ChariotMark of Slaanesh
  • Chaos Warhounds5x Chaos Warhounds
  • Marauder HorsemenMusician, Standard Bearer
    • 6x Marauders6x Mark of Slaanesh
Special
  • ChimeraFlaming Breath, Regenerating Flesh
  • ChimeraFlaming Breath, Regenerating Flesh
  • Gorebeast ChariotMark of Slaanesh
Rare
  • Skullcrushers of KhorneMusician
    • 3x Skullcrushers of Khorne3x Enscrolled Weapons
  • Skullcrushers of KhorneMusician
    • 3x Skullcrushers of Khorne3x Enscrolled Weapons

:)

·
Registered
758 Posts
That list looks nasty! 2x Chimera and a DP will kill armies on their own. I'd consider dropping the random 6 marauders to get banners on your skullcrushers. I've noticed having that +1 to combat resolution can be a big deal, especially if they get flank charged or hit something tough like DP. This way you can also give them the gleaming pennant and swiftstride banners. If you need the marauders for core points, I'd do what Borak said and get rid of the gorebeast chariot, it's just too slow to make a difference and convert it to a regular chariot so you can get rid of the marauders and free up some points.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The horsemen are in their for the objectives for senerios. I did a few test games with the seneriosp and they really severed me well. And the bsb isn't the unkillable normal build because he goes in one of the skullcrushers. I know he's bait for a cannon but I think my other targets would get shot at first so I'll risk it. This list is more for the joy of playing a fast hard hitting army that both me and my opponent will have a good time. I might do the gorebeast switch for a normal chariot and banners on the skullcrushers. Thanks for the input! Korpacz I'll see you there :p

·
Registered
172 Posts
I really like it man. Agree with everyone in dropping the gorebeast, could then put slaanesh on the markless chariot as well as throwing in another one :)

Just a question, the 1st thing that stood out with me was the lore of fire on the DP. That a typo?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Haha sweet. For a minute I thought, man that'd be awesome

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright so tourney went pretty well. Super fun and awesome people. The best kind of warhammer.

First game was against some dark elves. Dawn attack so he had even less chance to get away from my combat. One of my chimera and his hydra didn't come on until first turn. He had a massive cold one block and I parked dogs right in front of it. He changed and got into range for some easy charges. Hit that with 2 chariots and my daemon prince. Smashed them down to about one guy. He fled and it was downhill for him from there. His best point was of the game was breaking one of my crusher squads in combat with the hydra but not being able to run them down. I ended up only losing dogs and horsemen. I should have lost a chimera to purple sun but I got my I check. Wouldn't have really changed the game though.
Full victory points on that one.

Second game was against another WOC army. All tz list. Small and elite. This game really was just us running into each other full force and our daemon princes dancing around. Game ended with me making some lucky ward saves and him doing the same. He had my daemon prince on 1 wound and I had his tz warriors down to 5 guys so I couldn't break stead fast. Ended in a tie with us both getting 1 bonus victory point. One of the closest games of warhammer I ever played.

My third game was up against chaos dwarfs and there wasn't much to it. He killed the chimeras turn 1 and 2 (he got first turn so a second round of shooting for his war machines). I sent my daemon prince into the k'daai (I think that's the spelling) and took it out in a few rounds since dragonbane gem is the best item ever. 2++ against that bad boy. I fed his warriors with bsb and general in it 3 squads of dogs and kept them out of the game the whole time. Chariots cleared the hobgoblins. Crushers grinded it out with 6 bull centars the entire game and ended up winning since I got a chariot in the rear. Other crushers took the hellcannons, magma cannon and death streaker out. Solid victory for warriors of chaos but I didn't win by over 500 (one of the objectives) to get to 20.

The lists speed really makes magic not a terrible issue. You weather the first phase and you are in combat round 2. The entire list has swift stride and tons of chaff so I got every change I needed with almost no questions. Biggest fear was spirit leach since anything could happen with those rolls.
Also not putting 200 points into a lvl2 allows me almost 2 extra chariots. The slannesh on them REALLY helped since my deployment was dogs 6 inches away with chariots in between. I usually over loaded the flank I knew I could win and it seemed to work out.

I came i think tied 3rd. Really fun though.
Conclusion= Who needs magic when you can just have more pointy things?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Good write up man, I love seeing magicless lists doing so well. I only just realized that you're running the same DP build as me, yet to have a game with him though, how'd you find he went for you? That bonus strength on the charge help out in many situations?

You've made me want to start using chariots as well, I'm running dogs and forsaken to fill out my core, thinking might now drop a unit of forsaken for 2 chariots.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seriously loved the daemon prince. People tended to not care as much since he wasn't the level 4 nurgle death mage. The focus was on the chimeras for the most part. It my last game I think he ended up killing (or helped kill) 1100 points. It was beautiful.

The S7 really did help more than i thought. Charged a hellcannon, k'daai, cold one knights, tz warriors with it with a lot less fear. Making punching through armor and wounding those big baddies a lot easier. Also that thunderstomp when you get it is nice!! And it's nice not having such a point sink on the general.

And yeah the 5 chariots are nice since with forsaken you can't flee and I double fled 3 times with my chariots to get the charges I needed. Also I feel like a chariot is a little scarier. Might not be as fast when not charging but it hit's harder than a bunch of WS4 S4 attacks. I do like forsaken though! Don't get me wrong :p

·
Registered
172 Posts
Oh aye, the fact you can include him in a list as small as 1600 pts as is pretty cool.

Really glad to hear he went so well though dude, I think the fact that Khorne DP's can be run effectively had me as giddy as when I saw Skullcrushers in the new release.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah daemon prince isn't lore of fire. He has no wizard levels. I am just forced to pick a lore for him when I am making my list on battlescribe.
if youre using my version i hopefully fixed that in the lastest version

1 - 14 of 14 Posts