Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, This is my first dark elf list ever so i really hope you all rate.

Lords:

Dreadlord 540 pts
- Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Armor of Destiny, Dawnstone, The Other Trickster's Shard, Lance, Black Dragon Mount

Heroes:

Lvl 2 Sorceress (dark) 150 pts
- Tome of Furion
- Dark steed

Death Hag (bsb) 370 pts
- Cauldron of blood
- Ogre Blade
- Witchbrew

Core:

5 Dark Riders 105 pts
- repeater crossbows
- Shields
- Musician

27 Witch Elves 327 pts
- Full command

5 Dark Riders 105 pts
- repeater crossbows
- Shields
- Musician

10 Darkshards 152 pts
- Shields
- Musician
- Standard bearer

Special:

29 Executioners 378 pts
- Full command

Reaper Bolt Thrower 70 pts

Rare:

Kharibdyss 160 pts

Total: 2497 pts

So there it is. PLs recommend a playstyle and any changes. Main opponents: Dwarves, high elves, vampire counts

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
Can you please stop posting the naked value of things. It is part of the forum rules, please read them.

Besides that, I have never liked list with witch elves, cauldron and executioners. I like the lord but could you not make a budget version master on a dark peg? and have a LVL 4.
I myself would use corsairs for core and black guard and coldone knights for special. I would also drop one of the bolt throwers.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Sadly lucus on this occasion i will have to disagree with you on the corsairs Dark shardes with shields they can shoot and reform to be a tar pit and are by far the best core followed closely by dark riders.

Drop the lord no matter what you do he will still only be toughness 3 take a level 4 thats really a must if you want to be competetive.

On the hag only take the ruin of khaine for extra attackes and the ogre blade bsb witch brew has you at minus 3 LD for frenzy you won't be able to control that and a good opponenant will have you chasing a chalf unit. second point on the cauldren take black guard not witches they benefit most from it really.

I would say at this level the kind of list you would want is

Level 4 sorc i prefer metal for the armour boost for the infantry but dark is pretty good magic tali of pres steed

master peg armour of destiny sea dragon cloak shield lance though i think there is a better cheese build for this guy

Hag ogre blade rune of khaine cauldren

28 black guard is enough to make a horde when put with the cauldren with the razors standard you only need 4 ranks deep as they are stubbon but can add a 5th if you have the points

Dark shardes shields i often take 30 so they are 15 wide 2 deep and if enemy closes 5x6 standard musician banner of flame or gleming pennant

dark riders to finish up core shields spears rbx 2 units of 6 perfect chalf flank guards

5 warlocks to put sorc and a couple of decent spells to be honest at 2 k below i just have 2 units of these for magic.

I would say the last of your points on as big a block of excutioners as possible

hope this helps

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
I fully agree that dark shards with shields are awesome. I just like corsairs as a melee unit for core due to the 4+ save.
I also agree with most of the rest, although I have never been a fan of the cauldron or Hags at all.
I suppose it is down to taste but I like the idea of a disciplined dark elf army.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I don't like cauldron either but if you gunna use it use it best. Thing is its a standard 4 + and they are only strength 3 there are alot better cc units than corsairs in dark elves like wise don't think you should take range outside core units in dark elves.

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
Just the better combat units tend to be outside of core.
I may be biased as my army is based on a corsair raiding force.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts