Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah but what the hell has that got to do with my army list?

infantry platoons have alwasy had liuetenants which are almost the same as junior officers but junior officer are 5 points more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Originally posted by kommissar karls kadians@Sep 7 2003, 05:01
heroic senior officer with bolt pistol and power weapon, 2 veterans, 1 medic 1 standard bearer, 1 master vox caster, 1 melta gun, commissar with laspistol and power weapon - 178

2 techpriest enginseers - each has 5 technial sevitors - 190
Just to point out a couple of things, firstly in your command squad you have said your going for 2 veterans, your officer, medic, standard, vox caster and melta gun. Thats 7 people, where you can only have 5.
Your officer is #1, if you upgrade to veterans you then cant take any special weapons, vox caster, medic or standard.

Next you say each techpriest has 5 serviators, there only allowed a max of 4 each.
Thats it so far.

Im currently writing a 2,000 pt upwards army for IG so should be posting it soon, so it might help you in decideding yours.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Page 35, under Servitor.

Also, Veteran Sergeants can't have power weapons. If you are going to stand and shoot you don't need them anyways.

Mix some of the missiles with lascannons when up against armor or Terminators.

You will need something mobile if you ever want to win any missions involving table quarters, objective capture, etc. Rough Riders, Sentinels, Hellhounds, Armored Fists, and Deep Striking/Infiltrating Stormtroopers are ideal (Doctrines will be necesary for some of those.) Or, you could use the Drop Pod Doctrine.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Necrons + Ordance = No "We'll be back" (hopefully/usually)

Take as much ordance as possible. Sure, their Guass guns glance on a 6, but just blast them quickly. Lots of ordance will allow you to phase them out faster. And pack a Demolisher in case of a Monolith.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In my opinion I would keep missile launchers in your squads and lascannons into heavy weapons teams and/or command squads.
Whay I hear ou all ask?
Yes lascannons are powerful, but limited to be tank killers. Were a missile launcher is still good at taking out a tank, and can switch to template to take out squads.

And Im sure Veteran Sergeants are allowed power weapons/fists. Otherwise why they releasing models for them?
It does say ,I think (not got Codex with me right at mo while typing), that one upgraded to Vet. Sergeant they have access to the armoury.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Originally posted by PanDaemonAeon@Sep 12 2003, 01:31

And Im sure Veteran Sergeants are allowed power weapons/fists. Otherwise why they releasing models for them?
It does say ,I think (not got Codex with me right at mo while typing), that one upgraded to Vet. Sergeant they have access to the armoury.
Yes, Vet Sgnts do have wargear access, but the Power Weapon says "Officers, Priests, Storm Trooper Sgnts and Rough Rider Sgnts Only." And Power Fists are officers only.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.