Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Planning to have a game with a friend (when lockdown rules eased). He plays stormcast with 2x ballista, a stardrake, 9x prosecutors and 3x Vangard palladors plus the rest in small units of foot troops but the units I have named are the ones that I think need to be mentioned for context. I also should mention we are fairly new (only 4-5 games total between us) so don't have tones of models to choose from and aren't playing battle plans as yet till we get the hang of rules and our own troops meaning no objectives. Just kill as much as possible in the 5 turns.

My question is weather to run:

Option A total 220 points - 10x Acolytes 120 points, 5x gutter runners 60 points and bell of doom 40 points or

Option B total 210 - 3x warpfire throwers 70 points each instead of option A?

Tried 1x warpfire thrower in one game and it died early doing nothing same with gutter runners but not tried the others. My thought is the acolytes combo could be best for 2 reasons - 1. more bodies on the field (u'll see my list below is lite on numbers for usual skaven trash), 2. another option in the acolytes to throw a warpstone spark at for +1 damage per model in the unit, which is not usable on the warpfire throwers since they don't use the standard attack sequence. Maybe he warpfire throwers don't need it as they can do tones of damage, I don't know, hence the question.

The below list is everything I defiantly wanna take then substitute in and out the options listed above. The plan is to magic + shoot him to death:

Arch-warlock + chain warp lightening 160 points
Grey seer on bell + suspicious stone, death frenzy 240 points
Warlock Bombardier + warp lightening shield 120 points

Doomwheel 150 points

3x Warplock Jezzails 140 points

10x Stormvermin + shield, drummer,standard bearer 100 points

doom flayer 60 points
3x gnaw holes
ratling gun 60 points
ratling gun 60 points
ratling gun 60 points

Arkhspark Voltik total 710 points
Warlock engineer (General) + more warp power, warp resonator, overseer of destruction 110 points
Warp lightening cannon 180 points

Vermintide 40 points
Warp lightening vortex 80 points

Thanks for reading, all input welcome!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts