Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Not dead yet
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings, so after a great deal of debate and an even longer process of trying to keep my distance from what I normally field I have come to the current list below as a representation of my new project which I will be undertaking this winter once I clear my table of WIP's, and at the same time see what changes ..... or is added to the WoC once all the rumours settle and the words are written in stone.

Here is the list for your consideration, there are two options for the Sorcerer Lord at the moment, please let me know which would be considered more competitive in the long run.

Sorcerer Lord ( 345 )
- Level 4
- Talisman of Preservation
- Charmed Shield
- Sword of Swift Slaying
- Mark of Slaanesh​
* The second option for the Sorcerer Lord would be to remove the Shrieking Blade and the MoS adding the Gold Sigil Sword and switching to Shadow Lore, or simply keeping the Shrieking Blade and dropping the Mark

23 - Warriors with Halberds, FC and the Eternal Flame, MoS( 413 )

Champion/BSB ( 184 )
- Talisman of Endurance
- Dragonhelm
- Potion of Speed
- Halberd​
Sorcerer ( 150 )
- Infernal Puppet
- MoS
- "The Seduction of Slaanesh" [3rd Eye of Tzeentch] (I understand the irony of what the name suggests but it is too cool of a gift to pass up :))​

22 - Warriors with Halberds, Standard, Musician, Banner of Rage, MoS ( 415 )

24 - Marauders with Flails, MoS ( 110 )
24 - Marauders with Flails, MoS ( 110 )

10 - Knights with Standard, MoS ( 430 )

6 - Hounds ( XX )
5 - Hounds ( XX )
6 - Hounds ( XX )

Hellcannon ( XXX )

I realized after having written this list that the FAQ has made some interesting changes to the Banner of Rage and I feel like I may swap it with the Rapturous Standard on the Knights but I am not sure. Any comments on this would be welcome. After I have finalized this list I will be starting the process of customizing my characters and then gathering together the required forces in order to table this army hopefully some time in the early stages of next year.

Regards,

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Sorcerer Lord ( 370 )
- Level 4
- Talisman of Preservation
- Charmed Shield
- Crown of Command
- Shrieking Blade
- Mark of Slaanesh​
* The second option for the Sorcerer Lord would be to remove the Shrieking Blade and the MoS adding the Gold Sigil Sword and switching to Shadow Lore, or simply keeping the Shrieking Blade and dropping the Mark

Keep the Guy Slaanesh. Otherwise you're just making this another all rounder army. Plus, Slaanesh Magic can be fun :) As for his equipment. He doesn't need the Crown of Command. As he's the only character in that unit I'd probably make him better at challenges. The Sword of Anti-Heroes is good. The Helm of Many eyes is also a hugely Slaaneshy item.

23 - Warriors with Shields, FC and the Razor Standard ( 443 )
* I removed the MoS from these guys because of the presence of the Crown of Command

I'd probably arm these with Halberds. I'm not sure why, it's just that without MoT the shield combo seems pretty lack lustre. The Rapturous STD, if it's near a BSB, is amazingly good to stop you running away. Not that you should be running away.... GIVE THEM MOS!!!!

Champion/BSB ( 184 )
- Talisman of Endurance
- Dragonhelm
- Potion of Speed
- Halberd​

Like it.

Sorcerer ( 150 )
- Infernal Puppet
- MoS
- "The Seduction of Slaanesh" [3rd Eye of Tzeentch] (I understand the irony of what the name suggests but it is too cool of a gift to pass up :))​

22 - Warriors with Halberds, Standard, Musician, Banner of Rage, MoS ( 415 )

You don't need the MoS as frenzy gives you immune to Psych.

20 - Marauders with Flails, MoS ( 110 )
20 - Marauders with Flails, MoS ( 110 )

Either drop these to 18 man units and run them 6x3 or add one marauder and run them 7x3

10 - Knights with Standard, MoS, and Rapturous Standard ( 450 )

Rapturous Std on Knights? Should the Knights be losing combat?

5 - Hounds ( XX )
5 - Hounds ( XX )

Hellcannon ( XXX )
:)

·
Not dead yet
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions Lord Borak. *face palm* as I look at the list and realize that I was concerned with doubling up abilities in the first unit that I forgot the second with the Banner of Rage (I quess because they also do not lose the Frenzy as well).... good catch. And yes Kaleb the Hellcannon is under way as we speak. It came with one less wheel than required so I have modified it a little.

[MENTION=30990]Lord Borak[/MENTION] would swaping the Razor Standard with the Rapturous be better then, or simply leave the knights bannerless and add more dogs?

And thank-you to all whom have commented on my other threads leading up to this army, greatly appreciated.

Regards,

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
@Lord Borak would swaping the Razor Standard with the Rapturous be better then, or simply leave the knights bannerless and add more dogs?

If the Warriors have Halberds then they don't really need the Razor standard. The Raptrous Std is amazing but it means you're 'planning to lose' and I'm not sure we should be doing that!! Maybe grab the Flaming Std? (PINK FIRE!!) Or the Std of Discipline to make your General LD9? Or just use those points elsewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts