Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, just posting my current army list for some feed back as I havent played a game with the full list yet and would like to know what others think.

HQ
Dante 200 pts
Honour Guard [10]: 225 pts
-jump packs
-power fist
-power weapon
-company champion
-meltagun
Elites
Terminator Squad [6]: 240 pts
-3 lightning claws
-3 thunder hammer/storm shields
Death Company [10] 200 pts
-jump packs
Troops
Assault Squad [10]: 310 pts
-jump packs
-lightning claws
-plasma pistol x2
Assault Squad [10]: 335 pts
-power fist
-plasma pistol x2
-rhino transport with:--------(only because i can't be bothered to buy another 2 assault squad box sets)
-pintle mounted storm bolter
-extra armour
Heavy Support
Devastator Squad [10] 335 pts
-plasma cannon x2
-lascannon x2
-power fist
Land Raider Redeemer 270 pts
-extra armour

Allied Grey Knight Grand Master with Terminator Retinue [6] 374 pts
-incinerator
-psycannon [Grand Master]

Total: 2484 pts

·
Registered
325 Posts
This list is for friendly games, otherwise the list you have is illegal? As Blood Angels don't have the option to field the Land Raider Redeemer or field anything more than 5 man terminator squads and Assault Squads can't take lightning claws, plus there seems to be some math errors here and there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This list is for friendly games, otherwise the list you have is illegal? As Blood Angels don't have the option to field the Land Raider Redeemer or field anything more than 5 man terminator squads and Assault Squads can't take lightning claws, plus there seems to be some math errors here and there.
Well i did it in 5 minutes if you really want to know... In the case of the Redeemer i would just take it as Allied Space Marines and paint it in Blood Angels Scheme and just give the Sergeant with Lightning claws a power fist, oh and by the way,the math errors are just oversights.

·
Registered
325 Posts
well like I said, it's ok for friendly games. You should try fielding it as GK Land Raider Redeemer with the psycannon & incinerators, it makes a great transport for Gk terminators. My main concern for the list tactically is the lack of troops at the point size game. If you play an objective based mission the assault squads are good for taking an objective but I'd consider swapping the Devastator squad for a tactical squad with a rhino to have a scoring unit capable of holding an objective and capable of moving to capture or what not if needed.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Aside what was already mentioned...

Generally using all thunder hammers and storm shields is the way to go.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Duo_Sonata I see what you mean, however, I thought that the firepower that my list has without the Devastators was too minute so if I came up against a tank heavy opposition, I would be in trouble. I will take this into account and possibly, (seeing as thought I'm not going for WYSIWYG) I might make the Assault squad count as having jump packs, drop 5 Death Company and 1 Terminator (as you said 6 is illegal for Blood Angels) take 5 marines off the Devastator Squad and make a tactical squad with a rhino. Also if the points allow, what are your thoughts on giving the now-5-man Devastator squad a Razorback with Twin-linked Lascannon?

·
Registered
325 Posts
razorbacks with a lascannon are a bit pricey and fragile but checking the math of what you'll have left after the changes you made you should have exactly enough for one and there really isn't much else to get for those points. If you make the tactical squad with a plasma gun and plasma cannon, power fist and rhino, while leaving the devastor with the two lascannons then everything should work out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks a lot for the advice and the assistance Duo_Sonata. I might post pics of my army during the painting stages,
however that may take a while =].

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
If you havent put your things together and such yet I would wait until the new codex comes out, there might be something crazy going on in that book and you may be breaking off arms and what not if you do it early

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll take that into account ericismyname however, the tactical and one assault squad are already assembled, so I'll be tearing someone elses (GW) arms off if that happens =].

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I'll take that into account ericismyname however, the tactical and one assault squad are already assembled, so I'll be tearing someone elses (GW) arms off if that happens =].
Haha yeah, read the blood angel rumor threads. It will give you an idea of what to expect when assembling your models and such. However nothing is for sure until you get that lovely new codex in your hands.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Well I'll tell you right now that this list is gonna be hurting in a lot of places. I'm guessing you want an assault heavy army with some way to break through tanks?

I would suggest dropping one of the terminator squads or even two and throwing two tac squads in with meltas and powerfists in rhinos :)
It adds a little bit of a punch. I know that first comment sounded rude and I'm sorry that it came across like that, but it's true since the Terminators for blood angels as of right now don't get a 3+ invulnerable all the time because of the storm shields. they get a 4+ in close combat only with storm shields.

Otherwise they work fine :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts