Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, Grey Knights! I threw a dart at the board of armies I don't own and now I've got all these grey knights. Truth be told, it was a long time coming... WyteNite likes knights in general... and grey isn't too far off... Anyways, here's the list:

HQ:
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor with Power Armor, Bolt Pistol, Force Sword, Servo Skull, & Mastery 1 - 66

Troops:
Strike Squad (10) - 330
7 Grey Knights with Stormbolter, Nemesis Force Sword, & Psybolt Ammunition
2 Grey Knights with Psycannon
Justicar with Stormbolter, Nemesis Daemonhammer, & Psybolt Ammunition
Razorback with Twin-Linked Assault Cannon & Psybolt Ammunition

Strike Squad (10) - 330

Strike Squad (5) - 170
4 Grey Knights with Stormbolter, Two Nemesis Falchions, & Psybolt Ammunition

Strike Squad (5) - 170
4 Grey Knights with Stormbolter, Two Nemesis Falchions, & Psybolt Ammunition

Elites:
Purifier Squad (10) - 373
4 Purifiers with Stormbolter & Nemesis Halberd
1 Purifier with Stormbolter & Nemesis Force Sword
4 Purifiers with Psycannon
Knight of the Flame with Stormbolter & Nemeisis Daemonhammer

Venerable Dreadnought with Assault Cannon, Stormbolter, Nemesis Doomfist, & Psybolt Ammunition - 190

Venerable Dreadnought with Assault Cannon, Stormbolter, Nemesis Doomfist, & Psybolt Ammunition - 190

Heavy Support:
Dreadnought with Two Twin-Linked Autocannons & Psybolt Ammunition - 135

Fast Attack:
Stormraven Gunship with Twin-Linked Lascannon & Twin-Linked Multi-Melta - 205

Stormraven Gunship with Twin-Linked Lascannon & Twin-Linked Multi-Melta - 205

Total: 2499 points

The two big strike squads and the purifier squad combat squad, putting all the psycannons into the same unit and the regular guys into the razorbacks; the purifier with the sword stands in front of his psycannon brothers. The squads with the psycannons will then deepstrike into position or, if I'm lucky, use Master of Ambush to infiltrate into position. The Inquisitor rides in the razorback with the purifiers, hoping to maybe add an invisibility or psychic shriek, but mostly trying not to die. The two little strike squads ride in the stormravens, as do the two venerable dreads. The autocannon dreads will hold down the backfield and glance things unto death. If everything is on the field at once, it generates 18+d6 dice of psychic power each turn, which is a fair amount of dispelling power!

So, tell me what you think! ^_^

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
HQ:
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor with Power Armor, Bolt Pistol, Force Sword, Servo Skull x2, & Mastery 1 - 69

Troops:
Strike Squad (10) - 300
Razorback with Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter & Psybolt Ammunition

Strike Squad (10) - 300

Strike Squad (10) - 300

Terminator Squad (5) - 250
3 Terminators with Stormbolter, Nemesis Halberd, & Psybolt Ammunition
Terminator with Psycannon & Nemesis Force Sword
Justicar with Stormbolter, Master-crafted Nemesis Daemonhammer, & Psybolt Ammunition

Justicar with Stormbolter, Master-crafted Nemesis Daemonhammer, & Psybolt Ammunition

Heavy Support:

Fast Attack:
Stormraven Gunship with Twin-Linked Assault Cannon, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta, Hurricane Bolter Sponsons, & Psybolt Ammunition - 255

Stormraven Gunship with Twin-Linked Assault Cannon, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta, Hurricane Bolter Sponsons, & Psybolt Ammunition - 255

Updated version. More troops, more points on the field turn 1, more general guns. The terminators start off deployed, advancing into 24" range of something and opening fire mercilessly. The Stormravens run empty, they are just gunships. They have plenty of guns, though! Either open fire on infantry with Power of the Machine Spirit and the sponsons while the main guns waste a tank, or use PotMS on the mult-melta while the assault cannon and sponsons target something squishier. Either way, it has options and a large volume of S >= 5 shots.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
HQ:
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor with Power Armor, Bolt Pistol, Force Sword, Empyrean Brain Mines, Servo Skull x2, & Mastery 1 - 79

Elites:
Henchman Squad (11) - 205
5 Warrior Acolytes with Meltagun
4 Crusaders
2 Inquisitorial Servitors with Servo-Arm
Inquisitorial Chimera with Multi-laser & Heavy Flamer

Vindicare Assassin - [Classified]

Troops:
Strike Squad (10) - 295
Rhino

Strike Squad (10) - 295
Rhino

Heavy Support:
Nemesis Dreadknight with Two Nemesis Doomfists, Heavy Incinerator, & Personal Teleporter - 235

Nemesis Dreadknight with Two Nemesis Doomfists, Heavy Incinerator, & Personal Teleporter - 235

Fast Attack:

Updated-updated version! Now with a dedicated place for my HQ, complete with 4 stormshields, 2 powerfists, and plenty of melta. The Strike Squads still split into two units of 5, but they both hang in the rhino. The psycannons would go in the same unit and remain in the rhino, 5 stormbolter guys would jump out halfway there, and into some cover, so they might lay down some righteous stormbolting. The terminators start on the board and advance behind the much more intimidating dreadknights. With a 12" movement, a 12" toss, and about 8" of template, the dreadknights probably won't need to burn their teleporters on turn 1 in order to get sweet targets, so they'll act as plasma-bait for the comparatively fragile terminators. The Vindicare will do what he always does: earn back his points.

·
4,967 Posts
Looks good.

Not a fan of the vindicare but he's ok if you face vehicles a lot.

In 5th edition I used to take MC hammers on justicars but since the challenge rule came in during 6th edition I opt for MC Halberds instead. Termie units can then give 1-2 hammers to regular squaddies instead but I don't even bother on GKSS units as they would only get one attack and sometimes being unable to hurt a soul grinder in combat means you can break off the fight instead.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good.
Thank you, sir! ^_^

Not a fan of the vindicare but he's ok if you face vehicles a lot.
Guard tanks. Thousands of them. O_O

This last game he 1-shotted a fully-kitted out Punisher before it had a chance to open up on my Storm Trooper teammate. ^_^

In 5th edition I used to take MC hammers on justicars but since the challenge rule came in during 6th edition I opt for MC Halberds instead.
I suppose... and that would save me a few points. I hadn't really considered it in terms of running away from things they can't hurt... but aren't you stuck there anyways because of Krak grenades? I mean, I realize it's one attack that needs a 6 to even glance... EDIT: NEVERMIND! Why's that a 13, but a defiler a 12?

·
4,967 Posts
Aginst AV12 Dread then yes you must fight on but a soul grinder or ironclads are AV13 so you can leg it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts