Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all im wondering what i nedd in a 2500 pt army of tau to fight my buddies space marines. I dont have any idea of what to take besides what i have below
12 fire warriors
1 shas'ui
1 marker light
12 pulse rifles

except four of those.

Thnks shoot me a line on what i would need

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well as of now
16 kroot squad
1 kroot shaper
4 kroot hound
7 pathfinders
1 devil fish
3 xv8
1xv88
1 xv8 comander
1 hammerhaed rail gun
1 fire warrior squad
vx25 stealth suits

·
Registered
411 Posts
well as of now
16 kroot squad
1 kroot shaper
4 kroot hound
7 pathfinders
1 devil fish
3 xv8
1xv88
1 xv8 comander
1 hammerhaed rail gun
1 fire warrior squad
vx25 stealth suits
Okay, this is roughly 1500 points so you'll need more in order to field 2500. I would not suggest playing at 2500 yet though. What you should do is read through the stickied Tau guides, along with Number6's tactica linked in his signature. That should give you an idea of where you want to go with your Tau. Then you should play some games (at least 5) with guys at your local shop using the models you currently own to get a handle on tactics and which units you like, dislike etc. Unfortunately Tau are a very difficult army to play successfully so don't get discouraged if you struggle in these games. I could infinitely spout on over the interw3bz about tactics and what you should and shouldn't use, but in the end real experience is infinitely more important. I know this is very vague advice but I would rather not tell you to buy "unit X" only for you to find out that you don't like the way it plays, and you will have wasted your money. I hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.