10 Gnoblar trappers

2 Leadbelchers

2 leadbelchers

Special

3 yhtees

2 Rhinox riders
both with heavy armour and Ironfist and bull rhinoxes
Musician

Right now I have 250 pts left any comments or suggestions are well apreciated.

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
leadbelchers are special right? and don't you need another unit of bulls to make the list legal (1gnoblar 1bull unit)?

Do the rhinox count as special? Sorry I don't know the rules on them bc most tournies don't allow them. You can't go wrong with more ironguts though. At 2500pts, I think getting 2 scrolls is going to help you more than the bangstick. It can be dispelled 66% of the time on 1 die and eveyone gets at least 2 to start. Most opponents will also have magic users.

Personally, I don't see the BSB being worth it. Are you getting broken in combat a lot? I think another butcher would be more useful. I think magic will eat you up as well as shooting at this point level. Maybe drop the bsb and get a warbanner instead and try to get some more models on the field. Another butcher would help as well in my opinion.
Gorgers would help if the rhinox riders aren't rare.

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
yhetees are good, but I don't think more than 1 unit will be any better. If you can't go magic heavy (1 butcher won't do much @2500pts) then maybe go for more lead belchers. If you split them up into small units then they can fire at several different targets and even stay alive longer, because the enemy has to concentrate fire on several different targets himself. You could also run the volley line where LB move 6 and fire, wait while the guys behind them move up 6 and fire then the first group starts over again. Pour the lead on as they say. They would also work well to screen your rhinox til they are ready to charge. I would also downgrade the rhinox from BullRhinox so you don't have to deal with cannons flying and killing your rhinox before they can charge( I don't think the large target, str6,and terror are worth the points - it makes them too expensive in my opinion). I think I would scale down the gnoblar fighters into another unit of trappers as well. They can screen as well as scout it looks like and 2 is better than 1 in taking out said warmachines. Either that, get the 2 gorgers to take out warmachines. If you use the trappers instead of gorgers, then maneaters are a decent rare choice.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here's the new list:
Lords
Tyrant- 286
Tenderizer
Wyrdstone necklace
mawseeker bigname

Butcher- 180
bangstick
disspell scroll

Bruiser- 184
BSB
Heavy armor
war banner
Core

4 Ironguts (Tyrant here)
bellower and standard

3 Ironguts
bellower

4 Ironguts (BSB here)
standard and bellower

3 bulls
AHW
bellower

10 gnoblaar trappers

10 Gnoblar trappers

2 Leadbelchers

2 leadbelchers

2 leadbelchers
special

3 yhtees

2 Rhinox riders
Musician

Rare
2x gorgers

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
here's the new list:
Lords
Tyrant- 286
Tenderizer
Wyrdstone necklace
mawseeker bigname

Butcher- 180
bangstick
disspell scroll

Bruiser- 184
BSB
Heavy armor
war banner
Core

4 Ironguts (Tyrant here)
bellower and standard

3 Ironguts
bellower

4 Ironguts (BSB here)
standard and bellower

3 bulls
AHW
bellower

10 gnoblaar trappers

10 Gnoblar trappers

2 Leadbelchers

2 leadbelchers

2 leadbelchers
special

3 yhtees

2 Rhinox riders
Musician

Rare
2x gorgers
looks pretty good, but I think 2 scrolls in this game would get you a turn of protection. Otherwise you may run up against a magic heavy army and get burned a bit.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ok!!! In order to Run an Ironskin Tribe you DO actually have to have Ghark in it. He has the special rule called Ironskin Tribe which allows for the switching around of the Rare, special and core units.

Remember that in the ironskin army Gnoblars of any kind are considered to be Special Choices.

speaking of Gnoblars you are not allowed more than 1 (one) unit of Trappers unless you have a Hunter in the list

Have fun

O.T.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.