3 Chariots
S/B Mirage Standard

3 Chariots

3 Chariots

29 Skeleton Warriors
1 Champion (Hand Weapon; Bow)
Standard with Banner of the Undying Legion

29 Skeleton Warriors (29#, 252 pts)
(Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Bow; Undead)

Tomb King (1#, 265 pts)
1 Tomb King @ 265 pts (General; Hand Weapon; Flammable; Undead)
1 Destroyer of Eternities
1 Collar of Shapesh

Tomb Prince
1 Chariot
1 Chariot of Fire

Liche Priest
1 Hieratic Jar
1 Cloak of the Dunes

Liche Priest
1 Liche Priest
1 Skeletal Steed
1 Dispel Scroll
1 Dispel Scroll

Hammer and anvil army. King goes in one of the blocks of skels. Prince goes in the unit of chariots with the banner.

I was thinking of doing 1 more prince (then just going crazy on the trying to kill enemy wizards as fast as possible to make up for lack of dispel dice). Maybe dropping one bone giant for a SSC to help fight the odds and ends.

Tell me what you think, I'm gona play test it at the end of the week and I'm sure it needs a little work.

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
Ye gods 4 scorpions!

i would agree with you, replacing one bone giant with a catapult. Would give the priests more options in their casting phase

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I'd make one scorpion a unit of carrion and trade one giant for a catapult...other than that, NICE LIST!!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bone Giant

Screaming Skull Catapult

5 Carrion

3 Tomb Scorpion

3 Chariots
1 Mirage Standard

3 Chariots

3 Chariots

29 Skeleton Warriors @ 311 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Shield; Undead)
1 Champion (Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Shield)
1 Banner of the Undying Legion

35 Skeleton Warriors @ 305 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Bow; Undead)

Tomb Prince (sheild Flail)
1 Chariot (Undead)
1 Chariot of Fire

Tomb King
1 Destroyer of Eternities
1 Collar of Shapesh

Liche Priest (Hierophant)
1 Hieratic Jar
1 Cloak of the Dunes

Liche Priest
1 Skeletal Steed
1 Dispel Scroll
1 Dispel Scroll

OK here's the change I made. How about the TP with the scorpion armor / great weapon in the unit of skels? Would make it an even better tar unit and it would be able to do a little damage, or just leave the prince the way he is?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up doing 4 scrops and it worked out great. First game, (vs. the new beastmen) I got 3 out on turn 2A and killed both his wizards. They died with 3 dispel scrolls. Then it was just a matter of time, I steam rolled him in the magic phase, 6B there was one chariot on the board, won by 2,000 points. FYI, if you opponent has the frenzy +1 attack per combat won guy look out, it starts getting like 14 attacks a round (str 6 ws 7 dude 5 wounds 3+ armor save) Finally tally on the Tomb scorps was: 2 lv 1 wizards, 1 Giant, 1 Cygor, and the 14 attack guy on a charge (about 1,000 points killed and I had two left on the board at the end).

Next game vs Vampires 3 came out turn 2B and I killed 1 vampire, and wounded another, which I was able to do another wound too on 4B. Another scorp took out a unit of black knight cav before it died. Draw game but I came out 105 points above him (I managed to kill every vampire, but carstine ring saved the general and I was a little reckless with some chariot charges).Scorps took out 400ish points that game and all died. I was curious to see if I could kill the two hero vamps in the second turn, but I was a little over confident and one vamp had the immune to Killing blow / poison armor on. If I would of played it safe I could of waited for turn 3B and safely killed the vamp I did one wound to.

Over all I recommend you try it once, its a lot of fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts