Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Master of Those Damn Durable Swords
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This list has gone through some changes, and I may be slightly off points wise b/c of the changes I've been making. My apologies up front if that occurs. Also, there may be one rules issue in here. I gave a Vet. Sgt. the Honorifica and tooled him out (you'll see later on). I've heard different rulings on the legality of arming a character w/ the HI and then tooling him up like a HSO, some say it's illegal, some say it isn't. My group has no problem with the way I arm him, but as a whole I'd like to know what other groups do with regards to arming characters w/ the HI. Onto my list.

1st Company, 3rd Romulan Light Infantry Brigade
Doctrines:

Storm Trooper Squads
Light Infantry
Veterans
Sharpshooters
Cameleoline

HQ:

!Senior Officer
Bolt Pistol
Power Weapon
Carapace
Refractor Field
Master-Vox
Vox
Veterans (2)
Standard Bearer
Regimental Standard
Medic
Missile Launcher
Sharp., Camo.
Total: 183

!Fire Support Squad "Avenger"
3 Autocannons
LI, Sharp., Camo
Total: 125

!Fire Support Squad "Fury"
3 Autocannons
LI, Sharp., Camo

!Anti-Tank Squad "Damage Inc."
Missile Launcher
2X Lascannons
LI, Camo, Sharp
Total: 135

AT Squad "Retribution"
3X Missile Launchers
LI, Camo, Sharp

!Young Commissar Teufel (Goes with Company HQ)
Bolt Pistol
Power Weapon
Carapace
Camo
Total: 61
(May give a Stormbolter instead)

*Young Commissar Bulgakov (Goes w/ 1st Platoon HQ)
Bolt Pistol
Power Fist
Carapace
Refractor Field
Frag Grenades
Melta Bombs
Light, Camo
Total: 107

Elites:

*Hardened Vet. Squad
9 Veterans
Vet. Sgt.
Bolt Pistol
Power Fist
Capace
2X Meltagun
Grenade Launcher
Vox
Light, Camo
Total: 164

*Hardened Vet Squad
9 Vets.
Vet. Sgt.
Bolt Pistol
Power Weapon
Carapace
2X Plasmaguns
Grenade Launcher
Vox
Light, Camo
Total: 149

!Storm Trooper Squad
9 Troopers
Vet. Sgt.
Bolt Pistol
Power Weapon
Grenade Launcher
Meltagun
Vox
Camo
Chimera
Heavy Bolter
Hull Mounted Heavy Bolter
Total (Trans. Inc.): 230

Troops:

1st Platoon

HQ:
*Junior Officer
Bolt Pistol
Power Weapon
Carapace
Veteran
Medic
2X Flamer
Vox
Light,Camo
Total: 99

*1st Squad
Sgt. w/ Shotgun
Plasmagun
Vox
Light, Camo
Total: 95

!2nd Squad
Vet. Sgt.
Storm Bolter
Plasmagun
Vox
Heavy Bolter
Light, Camo
Total: 116

2nd Platoon

HQ:
*Junior Officer
Bolt Pistol
Power Fist
Carapace
Veteran
Medic
Vox
2X Flamer
Light, Camo
Total: 114

1st Squad
*Vet. Sgt.
Honorifica Imperialis
Bolt Pistol
Power Fist
Carapace
Surveyor
Vox
Plasmagun
Light, Camo
Total: 154

2nd Squad
Sgt. w/ Shotgun
Vox
Grenade Launcher
Heavy Bolter
Light, Camo
Total: 103

Fast Attack

!3 Sentinels
3 Armegeddon
Hunter-Killer Missiles
Total: 195

2 Sentinels
2 Cadian
Hunter Killer Missiles
Total: 120

Support

Basilisk
Indirect Fire

Army Total - 2525

That;s basically it. If you have any questions about how I use the Army feel free to ask. My tactics aren't that difficult so if you'd like to know, ask away.

·
Registered
315 Posts
It seems like there aren't many heavy weapons protected in your infantry squads...they're all in your anti-tank and support squads. Is this ever a problem or does the camo and LI give them enough protection?

·
Master of Those Damn Durable Swords
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not too big of a problem. My general idea is that each platoon has 1 dedicated HVY Weapon attached to it (basically 2nd SQD of each platoon). That leaves the other 2 SQD's to either sit and fire or move and fire (usually move and fire to take ground or seek better cover. Though on occasion since I ave the ability to lay down a mass of fire, I sometimes use 2 SQD's in a combined assault on 1 target. Hence the Command Squad each in PLT has a slightly tooled JO, and some Assault weapons. Also in this thought, I have the HI Vet Sgt, and a tooled out CC Commissar. So it works)

But yes LI + Camo does help negate the fact that I don't have an abundance of HVY Weapons in my line squads. Also I have 6 AC's, so what I usually do with them is infiltrate them in alongside the PLT's (not directly next to them but in a support role nearby). This then gives each PLT a dedicated Support Weapons squad of 3 AC's (which can also hunt other things in LOS). This same philosophy holds true of my AT Teams. The support and AT teams provide that extra punch to my PLTs, as well as maintaining the ability to hunt othr targets of oppurtunity.

As to them being protected outside of a line squad, again LI + Camo + placement in support role = good defense. IIRC friendly units can shoot over other friendly units to a target in LoS (correct me if I'm wrong) but and enemy unit cannot shoot over one enemy unit to hit the other. Thus the support squads, which are behind the line squads, usually don't take the brunt of the hits. The grunts in front do :)

That was a long winded answer to your question. But I hope it helped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.