Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this weekend I'm going to be having a game with one of my friends who plays orks this is going to be our first time testing out the new codex. Any input from those who have fought these beasts recently as well as any suggestions in general are most welcome. Here's what I plan on bringing at the moment.

HQ
1: Prince w/ wings, WarpTime, Bolt of Change, MoT = 200pts
2: Lord w/Blissgiver, Twinbolter, T.Armor, MoS = 150pts
Elites
1: 8 Chosen w/Autocannon, 1Plasma gun, IoCG, Champw/PW,Meltabombs = 224pts
2: 6 Termis w/ 1Chain-Fist, Reaper Autocannon, IoCG = 230pts
3: Dred w/ Plasma Cannon = 105pts
Troops
1:7 Plague Marines w/ Plasma pistol, Champ w/ PW,Meltabombs = 211pts
- Rhino w/ Havoc Launcher =50pts T= 261pts
2: 10 CSMs w/ Plasma Pistol, Flamer, IoCG, Champ w/ P.Fist = 220pts
- Rhino w/ Havoc Launcher =50pts T= 270pts
3: 10 CSMs w/ 2 Plasma guns, IoCG, Champ w/ P.Fist = 230pts
4: 8 CSMs w/ Flamer = 125pts
5: 8 CSMs w/ Plasma gun = 135pts
6: 8 Berzerkers w/ 1 Plasma Pistol, champw/ P.Fist = 223pts
7: 8 Lesser Daemons = 104pts
8: 7 Lesser Daemons = 91pts
Heavy Support
1: 6 Havocs w/ 3 Missile Launchers = 150pts

Total = 2498pts

Thanks in advance for any replys.

"Let the Galaxy Burn!"
Varek Drauka

·
Registered
122 Posts
He's got it right at 2498. On the first 2 troops slots he has the total of the troops...and then the overall total with the rhino added in. Even if you did add it wrong, it only comes out to be 2929 unless I missed something twice.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Vs Orks bolt of change is going to be nigh on useless. Winds of chaos is what you want vs orks, especially when teamed up with warptime. Besides a daemon prince with warptime is an effective vehicle hunter in his own right.

Plasma pistols on champions are never worth their points cost. Don't do it. Just in case you are running some of your champs with plasma pistols, though i don't think you are.

If you could get that slaanesh lord some wings or a bike instead of terminator armour he'd make a great warboss hunter.

I personally don't like dreads in the new codex and stopped using them the instant it came out, but thats up to you really if you think the risk is worthwhile.

Other then that i like it and think you should have a chance, though my experience vs new orks has been tough!, very hard games to win as it's become quite a tough army as of the new ork dex.

·
Blood Axe
526 Posts
Power weapons will rarely be useful unless you run up against bikes or meganobz. However, vs either of those I'd much rather have a powerfist, as you'll be wounding on 5's vs the bikes, and you can instakill the nobz with S8. To make points I'd suggest switching out the missiles on the havocs with heavy bolters, and just go to town mowing things down. Also, anywhere you can switch out a plasma gun for a flamer, do it.

At 2500 points Orks can have just an obscene number of models on the board, so you're going to have to maximize casualties whenever you can, which means exploiting their awful armor. For example, in my 2000 point list I'm currently running 130 models (no grots, and that's with nob bikers too!). To be fair, I'd probably keep the same amount of boyz going from 2000 to 2500, and just add a dred mob (9 kans and a dred at the expense of my kannon battery), so my numbers wouldn't change drastically. However, it is very much possible to have over 300 models in a 2500 force, so consider my #s to be on the low end of Orky hordeness.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you all.

Well first off I'd like to thank everyone who took a look at my list and offered their opinions. And to reply, first off yes the second amount is the squad with the rhino included, sorry about the confusion there.
For the rest well as I'm now writing after finishing the game in question I'll just offer my post battle thoughts. Well I lost, was wiped off the board except for my 2 rhinos (lol my rhinos have survived so much over the years it's a little crazy, such as 2 rounds in cc with an Avatar pounding on one). My friend ended up bringing a large mob of mega nobs to support his Boss and another squad of normal nobs (wow 15 power fist attacks on the charge from 3 models), in fact there were fairly few basic orks on the field, bikers, stormboys, Kans, 2 dreds, etc. The Plague marines did me proud and absorbed a massive amount of punishment, so much so I think I'll have to start fielding a full 10 of them, my Berzerkers also went through 15 stormboys + special char. like upgrade, like prunes through a grot (wiped out to a man before they could even attack hehe). My dred didn't really do all that much other than attacking my own havoc squad so next battle I'm thinking on not fielding it. Things I really wish I had taken were, a Havoc squad with heavy bolters, at least 2 lascannons (battlewagon of pie plate doom), and Wind on my DP instead of BoC. One more thing I'd like to point out is that my Lord with termis had a chance to completely wipe out a meganob squad + Boss but totally wiffed the majority of his hit and wound rolls, sigh so close yet so far. lol. I'll get him next time though.

Varek Drauka
Let the Galaxy Burn!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.