Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This list is really just an experiment. Play with it in a casual game and you can annoy the crap out of anyone. Don't know whether it would work in a tournament setting but it might be fun to try. Every troop and character in this list is equipped for ranged combat. Hand to hand should be avoided until the field is clear enough that you can mop up remaining units with combined cavalry charges. This army wins by heavy march blocking to slow the enemy down (4 units deployed as scouts or better) shooting to induce panic, then using scouts and superb mobility to position yourself in the way of fleeing units to cut them down. Glade Riders are equipped with standards so they can flank charge if you need to, and aside from the obligatory scroll caddy, characters are tooled up for shooting and deployed behind enemy lines with your scouts/waywatchers.

Lord:
Scout Kindred Highborn, Bow of Loren, Amaranthine Brooch, Starfire Arrows

Heroes:
Waywatcher Kindred Noble, Wraithstone
Scout Kindred Noble, Hail of Doom Arrow
Spellsinger, Dispel Scroll (2)

Core:
20 Glade Guard, Lords Bowman, Musician
7 Glade Guard Scouts, Standard Bearer, Samraeth Banner of the Zenith
7 Glade Guard Scouts
6 Glade Riders, Horsemaster, Standard Bearer, Musician

Special:
4 Warhawk Riders

Rare:
7 Waywatchers
7 Waywatchers

Think it could work? Think it's cheesy beyond all reason? Feel free to be insulting as you want in your comments (insofar as forum rules allow), I realize this list was kindof pulled from beyond left field. Thanks

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
Lord:
Scout Kindred Highborn, Bow of Loren, Amaranthine Brooch, Starfire ArrowsI know you're going with a theme, but I think your characters are teh weakest link to the army. Scout and Waywatcher characters can't take any of the items to make them decent in combat. I think you'd be better off with an alter noble and regular lord in the back perform kills in the fighting stage of gameplay. Maybe just 1 scout noble, but I really don't think you need any. Maybe another spellsinger or something. I don't see a lot of people wanting to play you again and if your tourney does comp, they might dock youfor that many shooting and scouting units.

Heroes:
Waywatcher Kindred Noble, Wraithstone
Scout Kindred Noble, Hail of Doom Arrow
Spellsinger, Dispel Scroll (2)

Core:
7 Glade Guard Scouts, Standard Bearer, Samraeth Banner of the Zenith
7 Glade Guard Scouts

Special:
4 Warhawk Riders

Rare:
7 Waywatchers
7 Waywatchers

While at first it may be intimidating, I don't think it will work in certain circumstances. Fast moving armies, ItP armies, magic-heavy armies, heavily armored armies, hordes armies.
Fast moving armies, they will surround your scouts or waywatchers and get them in combat (or charge them so you can't shoot at them. In combat you die, and they get some protection from shooting.
ItP armies, Undead armies could care less if you shoot at them or march block them. This seems like super stalemate, they'll just regenerate their guys until they get close enough to charge. If you could somehow concentrate all your fire on 1 unit and kill it completely, then maybe you'd have a chance killing 2 big units of skellies and then dealing with the third. I don't know what you'd do about scorpions or even well placed fellbats.
magic-heavy armies, They'll blast your guys in the trees without a second thought. And you won't be able to stop them.
heavily armored armies, They will shrug off most of your bowfire, but you could win with unlucky/lucky dice rolls.
hordes armies - maybe some goblins or swordsmen will run off the board, but for the most part, they'll have something to counter it. You could probably beat a horde army as long as it didn't have a lot of chariots or get lucky with some artillary shots.
There are some certain situations that will occur to make this army viable, but in a tournament, I think you'll lose at least half your games. It's really hard to get that many GG able to shoot at one thing. Yeah, they can eat some units, but there are also units to screen with that they will have a hard time penetrating. Magic will be the biggest challenge because after turn 1 you can't stop it. There are too many spells to zap your expensive guys in the trees. Anything that touches scouts/waywatchers kills them for the most part.

·
A Freaking Ninja!
271 Posts
since you have no combat units and no magic dominance your opponent can easily deal with your army

glade riders should not be used as a primary combat unit and never take banners (=free VP) they are weak and have 6+ save

your army should be good (imo) in each of the 4 phases: movement, magic, shooting and combat

·
609 Posts
I think that you list has too much scouting. You wont be able to hide, in my experience, 2 large groups of WW with your scouting characters and 2 units of scouts. I also thing that your charters need to be fitted out differently. You will be strong for the first 2 turns in shooting 40 GG. After that if the opponent just rushes you like no other you will crumble. There is nothing to take the charges. If you use GR to halt the enemy's progress then you can't shoot at his unit and he will take out your GR easily. Just my two cents.:C

EDIT: In the tournament I just played, 2/3 rounds I played I didn't get a single forest on the entire field. (Just a note to scouting)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.