Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of taking this 2999pt army to a tournament and being newer to Fantasy (used to play 40K and I LOVE army books now) wanted to know if this would be considered cheesey. There are no other restrictions so named characters can be used (though I am not using any)

Prince- Dragon Armor, Blade of Sea Gold, Golden Shield, Guardian Phoenix
Noble- BSB Dragon Armor, Battle Banner
Mage- Level 2, The Seerstaff of Saphery, Dispel Scroll
Mage- Level 2, Ring of Fury, Silver Wand
Spearmen -12- Musician, Standard Bearer, Lion Standard
Archers-10- Musician
Phoenix Guard-20- Full Command Banner of Sorcery
White Lions of Chrace-20- Full Command, Standard of Balance
Dragon Princes of Caledor-10- Full Command Banner of Ellyrion
Phoenix Guard-20- Full Command, War Banner
Lion Chariot of Chrace
Repeater Bolt Thrower
Repeater Bolt Thrower
Repeater Bolt Thrower
Total points 2998

The majority of enemies I have faced have caused fear which is why I have picked what I have and am just curious if this would be considered a Cheesey army list.

Thank you in advance

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
I was thinking of taking this 2999pt army to a tournament and being newer to Fantasy (used to play 40K and I LOVE army books now) wanted to know if this would be considered cheesey. There are no other restrictions so named characters can be used (though I am not using any)

Noble- BSB Dragon Armor, Battle Banner
Get rid of the extras and just keep them cheap - 10x Spearmen - plain

Archers-10- Musician
Get rid of the musician. Not needed.

Break them into 2 squads of 5 with full command+banner on 1 and just a champion on the other.

This should be 20x Sword Masters. Give them the Lion Standard instead.

Lion Chariot of Chrace
Repeater Bolt Thrower
Repeater Bolt Thrower
Repeater Bolt Thrower
I'd try to find the points to get another Bolt Thrower in there.

Total points 2998

The majority of enemies I have faced have caused fear which is why I have picked what I have and am just curious if this would be considered a Cheesey army list.

Thank you in advance
I'm also concerned about your magic defense. You need the Annulian Crystal in there with one of your mages.

·
Lord Admiral
2,608 Posts
Armour of caledor and Vambraces of defence all the way here. And a normal great weapon for whacking at tougher enemies rather than the Golden shield, which is overpriced for what it does - it also hamepers your offensive capabilities.
It also frees up the Guardian Phoenix for someone else

Noble- BSB Dragon Armor, Battle Banner - Great Weapon? Does this guy have survivability to wave that banner around? (Clue - no he does not - T3 and 5+ save....). I would go Armour of caledor (if you choose something else for your Prince) and Guardian Phoenix, dropping the banner. Maybe a gem of fire or soemthing similar to give MR would be nice instead

Either up to a useful unit size or else drop entirely in favour of another unit of archers.

Archers-10- Musician

Probably not enough - I would up unit size to 25 here, to get outnumber. I would also give the unit something nice like gem of courage

Good choice of banner, though I would reduce unit size down to 15 as they are more efficient in getting DCR (dynamic combat res) than SCR. Also, use the magic item slot for your champion - maybe something like skeinsliver? A good unit for your banner bearer

I'd drop unit down to 6, getting a rank costs too many points (same as 10 infantry elites). Musician is a bit meh, but OK. The DPs should be backed up TBH - maybe even mount your prince and lead this unit with mundane lance, talisman of light, Mask of teh merlord or Enchanted shield, Vambraces?

Good backup for the other block of PG

Lion Chariot of Chrace
Not my favourite choice (I don't use em), but if used with the Dragon Princes, potentially terrifying. I would prefer to give a BSB a Tiranoc chariot, and banner of Ellyrion, so they can charge through woods and difficult terrain, but ok...

Repeater Bolt Thrower
Repeater Bolt Thrower
Repeater Bolt Thrower
No march blockers - I think you need to use that extra rare slot if you can, or even take one less Repeater and take two great eagles. As it stands you have a march across-the-battlefield army. You need to deny your opponent his mobility as he will certainly be able to do likewise to you through his scouting or light cavalry units.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thamls guys, I am still learning how to use these guys properly and have only just recently picked them as my "main" army. Obviously i have a lot to learn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts