Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

So this is my current 2k list I use for most of my games. At present I havent lost a match with this list, having only lost once to Space Wolves, I decided I needed something else in my army. So I dropped a unit of Meganobz, which seemed to attract the fire, and picked up Killa Kans, and Burna Boyz, and since then, I have played Tau, Dark Elves and Eldar, and won relatively easily. Mybe the oppostion was poorly led by the player, but I think this list definetly has something about it.

Here it is:

HQ

Warboss
- Power Klaw
- Twin Linked Shoota
- Attack Squig
- Cybork Body
- Bosspole
- 'Eavy Armour

Big Mek
- Kustom Mega Blasta
- Cybork Body
- 'Eavy Armour
- Bosspole

ELITES

Nobz x 10
- Painboy Upgrade
- Cybork Bodies x 10
- Power Klaw x 2
- Shoota-Rokkit Kombi
- Shoota-Scorcha Kombi
- Bosspole
- 'Eavy Armour x 10

Burna Boyz x 5
- Mek Upgrade x 1

TROOPS

Ork Boyz x 20
- Shoota Boyz Upgrade
- Rokkit Launcha x 2
- Nob Upgrade
- Power Klaw
- 'Eavy Armour
- Bosspole

Ork Boyz x 20
- Big Shoota x 2
- Nob Upgrade
- Power Klaw
- 'Eavy Armour
- Bosspole

Ork Boyz x 20
- Big Shoota x 2
- Nob Upgrade
- Power Klaw
- 'Eavy Armour
- Bosspole

Trukk Transport
- Wreckin Ball
- Re-Inforced Ram

FAST ATTACK

Stormboyz x 10
- Boss Zagstrukk

Warbikers x 3
- Nob Upgrade
- Big Choppa
- Bosspole

DeffKoptaz x 3
- Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha x 3
- Buzzsaw x 3

HEAVY SUPPORT

Battlewagon
- Deff Rolla
- Kannon
- Zzap Gun
- Big Shoota x 4
- Grot Riggers

Killa Kans x 3
- Skorcha x 3

GRAND TOTAL - 1995 pts

Its quite a big list of units. I like the fact that I can outnumber my foe easily, and I believe this is probably a reason or my dominance as of late. Having said that I havegot a game against Chaos Space Marines tonight, and I havent played a Chaos Space Marine army as of yet, so I am a little skeptical of how this might pan out.

Whatcha reckon guys, I am open to any tips to lower my points and bring in another unit, aswell as even dropping a unit to bring in another one.

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Overall, it looks pretty good, but I have a few suggestions:

1. I don't like skorchas on killa kans. It's wasting their relatively good BS. I'd give them either a KMB or grotzooka.

2. There are too many guns on the battlewagon. I'd cut out 3 big shootas. If it moves, it'll only be able to fire a big shoota and the kannon frag shot, nothing else.

3. I wouldn't use less than 5 bikes in each unit of warbikes.

4. I don't like buzzsaws (S6 isn't good enough), Zagstrukk, or combi-rokkits. I've never found any of these things to be worth it.

5. Why include the big mek? He isn't really going to be useful unless he has a Kustom Force Field. If not, then I'd definitely cut him out.

6. The nobz don't need 'eavy armor. The nob in the unit of boyz can't be singled out, and the unit of 10 nobz have cybork, which is good enough.

If you need extra points for anything, you could always cut a nob or two out of the unit of nobz.

Good luck!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok some very fair comments there. Ill cut down my lists to incorporate what you have mentioned to me, and Ill re-write them and adjust accordingly. Thanks for your imput Grax, most appreciated.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, using what Grax said. I have re-worked my list. Trimming it down, and managing to free up almost 350 points, thusly managing to get another Nobz unit involved.

Anyways, tell me whatcha think chaps.

Warboss
- Power Klaw
- Twin Linked Shoota
- Attack Squig
- Cybork Body
- Bosspole

Nobz x 10
- Painboy Upgrade
- Cybork Bodies
- Power Klaw x 2
- Shoota-Rokkit Kombi
- Shoota-Skorcha Kombi

Nobz x 10
- Painboy Upgrade
- Cybork Bodies
- Power Klaw x 2
- Shoota-Rokkit Kombi
- Shoota-Skorcha Kombi

Ork Boyz x 20
- Shoota Upgrade
- Rokit Launcha x 2
- Nob Upgrade
- Bosspole
- Power Klaw

Ork Boyz x 20
- Big Shoota x 2
- Nob Upgrade
- Bosspole
- Power Klaw

Ork Boyz x 20
- Big Shoota x 2
- Nob Upgrade
- Bosspole
- Power Klaw

Stormboyz x 10
- Nob Upgrade
- Power Klaw

Deffkoptas x 3
- Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha

Warbikers x 3
- Nob Upgrade
- Big Choppa
- Bosspole

Battlewagon
- Killkannon
- Deff Rolla
- Grabbing Klaw
- Big Shoota x 2

Killa Kans x 3
- Kustom Mega Blaster

Total points - 1990 points.

A Much better list in my opinion. I have made it so that this is a footslogging unit primarily, with some vehicles providing tactical support. My kilkannon wil provide much needed blast templates whichc can be used to hinder advancing troops. I feel that this list has made my original list better, and I hope others agree.

Thoughts chaps? Grax?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just my opinion here, but instead of an extra group of Nobs I might consider a gang of Loota boys and some grots. That way you have mobile cover for any footslogging units, and the s7 shots 48' range that you get from lootaz will always come in handy. Again, just a suggestion...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just my opinion here, but instead of an extra group of Nobs I might consider a gang of Loota boys and some grots. That way you have mobile cover for any footslogging units, and the s7 shots 48' range that you get from lootaz will always come in handy. Again, just a suggestion...
Yeah I was thinking about it, but I was keen on bringing in another Nob unit. I like a skull bashing unit, which can deal a lot of hurt. Saying that, I am keen to make my team better, so any advice you can give me, as to whether it would be a better unit than nobz, then please say so. The way I see it, I need to hurtle my men up the board as quickly as possible, and Nobz, can get a save, against anything thrown at them, with the painboy.

My opposition would instantly spot the threat of 10 Lootas, with a D3 attack, S7. They would be the first target, after the BW would they not?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.