Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This list in based on the armies of Quannum and Demandred illustrated and developed in Demandred's thread. All comments advice greatfully recieved.
Archmage, Lvl4, ring of fury, silver wand, dispel scroll, elven steed 348pts
mage,LvL2, jewel of dusk, dispel scroll 170pts
Noble, BsB, gem of courage, armour of caledor, great wepon 153pts with spear elves
10 archers
17 spear elves including musician (3x6)
14 white lions full command + banner of sorcery 290pts
5 dragon princes, including musician and standard
5 dragon princes, including musician and standard
5 ellyrion reavers bows and spears
2 great eagles
2 repeater bolt throwers
1994pts total
The archmage starts with the DP but then moves when they are likely to enter combat to the nearest safe unit or cover, getting him close enough to use the ring and SoS or CoA spells, plus he has the mobility to move well away from trouble if the need arises. The BsB with the spear elves should add some punch and ensure with the re-roll and GoC that they stay in combat without breaking in most circumstances. The DP's are obviously the hammer of the army and the WL or SE the anvil. With 3 disruption units in the army, 2 great eagle and the ellyrion reavers hopefully i should be able to utilise the elves greater mobility to pick my fights and hamper my opponents movement and well as dealing with enemy war machines or lone mages

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
Hmm. This is a good standard list. It has a solid core, and some fast moving response units. I would suggest though changing the standards in the DP unit to champions. This will give you more punch into the flanks, as well as removing the opportunity for victory points from your enemy.

Let me know how this plays

ninja out

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
the bsb has some sore of armor, right?

I'm not sure the elven steed is needed. I think you want it as an escape route, but if things are that bad, him jumping 9in out isn't going to keep the enemy from not charging him. It also limits his sight if it is ever safe for him to go out alone (say in an army with little to no shooting, or you've taken care of their shooting)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yes sorry about that the BsB has the armour of caledor included in the points. thanks for the advice, and yes the steed for the archmage is meant as an escape route but also to increase his mobility. He can deploy with the DP's and then move to the ER or move independantly up the flanks to get into a good possition if there is little threats to him. Its basically increased flexibility. The DP are intended to work in tandem most of the time bothh attacking the same unit and only working independantly if I face an army of MSU where they can safely takle units on their own

·
2,244 Posts
I don't know that I would start the mage with the DP, If you want to charge in turn 2, then the mage has to go with, I think that I would start him with the reavers as they will probably spend longer out of combat than the DP. The other thing that I have found is the High magic support spells are short range, 12 and 18 inches, Mage with DP's might mean he can't cast those spells on the units that really need them.

It is just a personal thing but I don't like to have a mage with my dedicated combat units (except spears) it makes me too hesitant on the charge.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very good point, the ellyrion reavers are more mobile and it makes more sense to start the AM with them. i was wondering if anybody else had experience of using the spear elves in a 3x6 formation with a BsB because i have found it quite effective as a tarpit especially with the GoC they don't break very easily and their a much cheaper option in our expensive points strapped elite armies?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.