Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this is my first go at a competitive comeptiton list, Comment would be appreciated!

Vampire Lord – Master of the Black Arts, Lord of the Dead, Summon Creatures of the Night, Crown of the Damned, Skull Staff – 385

Necromancer – One Extra Spell, Sceptre de Noirot - 90

Vampire – Dark Acolyte, Book of Arkhan, Summon Ghouls – 180

Wight King – Sword of Kings, Barded Skeletal Steed – 120

10 Skeletons – Hand Weapon, Light Armour and Shield, Full Command – 100

10 Skeletons – Hand Weapon, Light Armour and Shield, Full Command – 100

10 Ghouls

5 Dire Wolves

Corpse Cart – Balefire

Corpse Cart – Balefire

11 Grave Guard – Great Weapons – 143

9 Black Knights – Full Command, Barding, Banner of the Barrows - 337

3 Fell Bats

Varghulf

The idea is my Vampire Lord raises the units around him asap, he is casting raise dead on the skeles, fell bats and dire wolves on a 2+, so if i use one dice per attempt, thats 6 attempts per turn to cast it. The Book of Arkhan I'm not sure about I might swap it for the helm of commandment? Do you think the Black Knights need barding now they can be raised back?

Also I'd love to find the points for another varghulf, but not sure where.

Many Thanks for your time,

Will Adams

·
1,142 Posts
So you have the wight king with a big tough unit of cavalry, sounds good pretty sure that will work well, especially since you've got 3 other fast units that could support the BK's. A varghulf is very good, i can never find enough points to fit 2 in though.

How much power dice are we talking, 11? yeah that should be enough along with the corpe carts.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No we are talking:

power dice:
Pool - 2
Vampire Lord - 4 with +1 to casting and +2 to raising skeles and creatures of the night
Vampire - 2
Necromancer - 1
Bound spells from Corpse carts - 2 at Power Level 3
Book of Arkhan - 1 at power level 3

I may yet drop the book of arkhan for the helm of commandment, not sure, even without it I have 9 powerdice, up to 6 of which have +1 to cast, two bound spells, and the enemy is casting at -2.

·
459 Posts
The Lord wont be raising on a 2+ as the minimum you need to cast a spell is an unmodified 3 (BRB page 107).

Also you need to declare the spells your Necromancer is taking.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm...i havn't got my BRB on my but that does ring a bell, but does that not mean the minimum required for the spell, rather than how you get there? Also how does that account for Tomb Kings who have random casting values?

If it is true though, I will have to have a rethink, bummer!

Will

1 - 5 of 5 Posts