Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been playing necrons for over a year now and been postinjg on these boards for some time now. I have a large collection of necrons and have won most of the games i've played so I've decided to write up a general all purpose army list. Here it is!

--HQ--

Necron Lord (Res. Orb, GoF, Cmetron, Warscythe)

--Troops--

10 Necron Warriors
10 Necron Warriors
10 Necron Warriors
10 Necron Warriors

--Elites--

10 Immortals

--Heavy Support--

Monolith
Monolith

--Fast Attack--

4 Destroyers
3 Destroyers

Total Army Cost: 1995
Phase Out: 14 (44 to kill, 58 in total)

C&C welcome.

·
Registered
406 Posts
That's a more than reasonable list you got there shas.

Obviously, you can't go wrong with lots of warriors and monoliths. I pity those who were foolish enough to enter the 12" range of the unrelenting gauss torrent. :dance:

The only aspect that I perceive as lacking is CC but you got the two monoliths and a high PO count so it doesn't matter too much.

I can certainly see why you won most games with this formidable list (as well as your brilliant strategy no doubt).

·
Registered
886 Posts
I think this is the frist list i've seen in a long time thats actually good. Actually, it's extremly good. You got a Solid Troop choice. The immortals, destroyers, and monoliths give it wonderful fire-power.

Off the record, Why would you pay so much money for 10 immortals? lol

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Paid so much money for Immortals? for £36 I get myself 12 Immortals and 12 Flayed ones. Conversions all the way!

As for my strategy. Its probably exactly the same as every other necron army. Get as many guys as possible within 6 of the orb and march forward with liths and destroyers covering the flanks. You just don;t stop for anything. Sure you'll take losses but with WWBB and 2 liths you can survive and once you get to rapid fire range. ALL enemies will loose. Nothing beats necrons at a 12inch fire-fight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.