Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have two events this month coming up and i am looking for some feedback about my list.
I am still not sure on the final list that i am going to take, as i still think the list needs fine tunning. What do people think theme wise, and for playing wise.

Choas lord
Terminator armour
Daemon weapon
Mark of slaanesh

Choas sorcerer
Mark of slaanesh
Lash of submission
Terminator armour

10 Terminators
1 Icon of Slaanesh
2 lighting claws
2 Reaper autocannon
2 Champion power fists
2 Power Fist

12 Choas space marines
Aspiring Champion
Icon of Slaanesh
Power Fist
Plasma gun
Lazcannon

12 Choas space marines
Aspiring Champion
Icon of Slaanesh
Power Fist
Plasma gun
Lazcannon

12 Choas space marines
Aspiring Champion
Icon of Slaanesh
Power Fist
Plasma gun
Lazcannon

6 Choas space marines
Icon of Slaanesh
4 Atuocannon
Aspiring champion
Power Fist

6Choas space marines
Icon of Slaanesh
4 Atuocannon
Aspiring champion
Power Fist

The theme is a choas warband that is devoted to slaanesh, but is not in as much favour with the dark prince as the likes of the emperors children. It is a new warband that has just been formed, with most of the equipment being taken form a rivel warband that was wiped out.

The limations that i set to meat this theme was.

No vehicals, as a new warband would not have the resources to maintain them.

No model with out a mark or icon of slaanesh.

No Noise marines, as was band has not long followed the dark god, none of the emperors children have decided to join. I also believe that a perectionest would not allow troops that were not 100% loyal to them.

No daemonds of any kind. This is because it takes time to get that sort of favour with the gods.

The points Brake down if as follows
HQ 14.5
elites 21.25
troops 41.25
Heavy support 23
2000 points

There is 60 models all up. and every unit is in lots of sixs.

The general tatic is keep it flexable and simple. I can either out shoot or out fight most army, so i addapt to what i am facing.

Does well agianst
eldar, nids, orcs, Necorns, blanced marines.

Does badly against unblannced armys, Armour company, horde marine, Death wing ect

So far i have lost 3 games
drawn 2
won 8 i think, it could be more than that, I keep trake of what took me down. ( A cold, bad dice and very good opponets )

Intrested to hear what people think

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well, your theme (and dedication to stick with it!) are certainly nice. However, they will have a negative impact on your list purely game-wise.

Your HQ looks okay, although I would switch the terminator armour from the Sorceror and give him wings/jump pack instead, that way he could better use the lash. Your Lord could also do with some speed-enhancing instead of his armour, IMO. The steed of Slaanesh seems like a good choice and provides you with a good conversion possibility. :)
They would then both provide you with some effective counter-attackers.

Your Terminators are massive, no way around it. I would either reduce the squad to 6-man strong or, if you're THAT into them, have a pair of 6-man squads. One of them could be a foot slogging squad with a reaper autocannon and some combi-plasmas, while the second could be a deep striking squad, carrying a heavy flamer and yet more combi-plasmas. Perhaps some sort of 'fist as well!

Your 12-man squads are just a little bit iffy. You've got s static setup along with very expensive close combative champions in them. I understand that it promotes flexibility but there is a lot of points going to "waste" whenever they are doing anything, really. Move to strike in combat = loss of lascannon. Shoot at tanks with lascannon = loss of everything else, besides the plasma gun perhaps. Shoot at infantry = loss of power fist. And so on, you get the picture. ;)

Are you sure that your warband does not have access even to lowly Rhinos?
Reducing some of your squads to 10 and putting them in Rhinos would add to your overall effectiveness, IMO.

Then again, I have close to zero experiance with using squads such as yours and, as your post states, if you've done so successfully with it, it must be doing something right!

I take it that your 6-man squads at the bottom are actually Havoc squads? In that case, I would take away the champions from them and add more heavy weapons, as it looks like they only carry a single autocannon each?

That's all from me. For the moment, anyway.

Hope I have helped.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, your theme (and dedication to stick with it!) are certainly nice. However, they will have a negative impact on your list purely game-wise.

Your HQ looks okay, although I would switch the terminator armour from the Sorceror and give him wings/jump pack instead, that way he could better use the lash. Your Lord could also do with some speed-enhancing instead of his armour, IMO. The steed of Slaanesh seems like a good choice and provides you with a good conversion possibility. :)
They would then both provide you with some effective counter-attackers.

Your Terminators are massive, no way around it. I would either reduce the squad to 6-man strong or, if you're THAT into them, have a pair of 6-man squads. One of them could be a foot slogging squad with a reaper autocannon and some combi-plasmas, while the second could be a deep striking squad, carrying a heavy flamer and yet more combi-plasmas. Perhaps some sort of 'fist as well!

Your 12-man squads are just a little bit iffy. You've got s static setup along with very expensive close combative champions in them. I understand that it promotes flexibility but there is a lot of points going to "waste" whenever they are doing anything, really. Move to strike in combat = loss of lascannon. Shoot at tanks with lascannon = loss of everything else, besides the plasma gun perhaps. Shoot at infantry = loss of power fist. And so on, you get the picture. ;)

Are you sure that your warband does not have access even to lowly Rhinos?
Reducing some of your squads to 10 and putting them in Rhinos would add to your overall effectiveness, IMO.

Then again, I have close to zero experiance with using squads such as yours and, as your post states, if you've done so successfully with it, it must be doing something right!

I take it that your 6-man squads at the bottom are actually Havoc squads? In that case, I would take away the champions from them and add more heavy weapons, as it looks like they only carry a single autocannon each?

That's all from me. For the moment, anyway.

Hope I have helped.
So intresting points.
First off, a quick explantion about how i use my 12 man squads

The nice thing about the new codex, is that all marines have 2 CCW and a bolter.
This means that instead of having a shooting squad or a close combate squad you have both.
The reason that I have both the powerfist and the lazcannon unit is that the unit is never unaffective. the limtation with sole purpose units is that they are reduntent 50% of the game (The first half when Your close combat squad works on getting close and personal, or when the shooting squad is upclose and personal with a close combat squad.)
By have the range and close combat, I am very good at counter attacking, digging in ect.
There is no role that they dont do well. There is always better units for single roles, but i always have the option to pic and choose how i fight, and if i am not to brain dead, the role that they enermy is very bad at. ( shooting orcs, eating Guard, bill boxing mec eldar ect. )

I like you sujestions for more mobilty. Catch 22 is most games that i play have esclation in them.

The HQs are in terminator armour so that they can make the number of terminator 12 (10unit, 2 HQ)

I was think about the combi plasmas, but went aginst it because it is not liked at my club.
It my intrest you to hear that it was voted a power army on my club forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.