Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first attempt at a Dark Angels army so please help me out on this one. I wanted it to be only infantry, no armor. I think it turned out ok. 80 basic marines, and 5 terminators, 1 librarian.

120pts Librarian - Psychic hood, Force Weapon, Hellfire, Force Parrier

215pts 5x Terminators - 4w/ lightning claws, 1 T-hammer and sheild

165pts 10 Tactical Marines - 1 flamer
165pts 10 Tactical Marines - 1 lascannon, plasma gun
165pts 10 Tactical Marines - 1 lascannon, plasma gun

275pts 10 Devastator Marines - 2 Lascanons 2 Missile Launchers
255pts 10 Devastator Marines - 2 Plasma Cannons - 2 Missile Launchers
225pts 10 Devastator Marines - 4 Heavy Bolters

The basic idea is to split all the devastator squads into 6 squads, each having one of each weapon, ex 1lascannon 1 missile launcher. The two tactical squads with lascannons and plasma guns can split up if they need to, otherwise i think they are big enough that the lascannon isn't a total waste if they have to move each turn. The terminators come turn 1 via death-wing assault, drawing the fire away from my main force, yes an expensive fire magnet. Thats about it. Please gimme some feedback

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dunno.. any suggestions? i really cant think of anything... i just picked the librarian cuz he has the barrier and the force weapon.

·
Registered
17 Posts
There is something about the flamers I do not like that much. I am not a fan of them and I think the points from them could be used elsewhere. Between the plas cannons, missile launchers, and bolter fire I do not think they are needed. I would also drop the dev squad with heavy bolters and try to put some armor in there. Especially seeing as the heavy bolter squad is most likely going to have to move more than the others which kills effectiveness.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Unless you are putting the tacs in transport the flamers are useless. You wil spend all your time trying to get within 8" of something to actually use them! Best off with meltaguns. Also, those squads need at least a power weapon in each one, power fist would be better.

On the termies you couldn't have pick a worse loadout :|. How do you intend to deploy them? Footslog, Deathwing Assault? Either way you really need some shooty weapons in there otherwise they are just functioning at 50% capacity. Get at least an assault cannon in there, two or three storm bolter/fist termies would be ideal too.

On the HQ, he'd be better in termy armour then he could join the DW squad, plus, he'd get an invulnerable save to boot.

Cheers
Z

1 - 5 of 5 Posts