Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Chi's Death Caravan:

HQ
Chaos Lord- 150 pts.
MoN
Termie armour
Pair of claws

Troops

7x Plague Marines (PC w/ PF ,2x flamer, rhino w/ dozer blades, havoc launcher)- 266 pts.

7x Plague Marines (PC w/ PF , 2x melta, rhino w/ dozer blades )- 261 pts.

7x Plague Marines (PC w/ PF , 2x melta, rhino w/ dozer blades )- 261 pts.

7x Plague Marines (PC w/ PF , 2x melta, rhino w/ dozer blades )-261pts.

Elites:

4x Terminator Champions- 260 pts.
2x lightning claws
2x Chainfists
2x Combi weapons

Heavy Support

Land Raider- 240 pts.
Daemonic Possession

2x obliterators- 150 pts.

2x obliterators- 150 pts.

Total: 1999 pts.

Any help refining this list would be great, would like some critisism on my competitive stance.

Thanks in advance,
Chi

·
Registered
316 Posts
I think you put to much eggs in one basket with a land raider filled with champion terminators and the lord, thats 650 points in one vehicule. And terminator champions are overkill, they die as easilly as a terminator but cost a lot more. 4 terminators, 1 chainfist + Lord will be enaugh to kill almost anything.

When you charge out of a land raider you want to hit hard but not eradicate the squad you assaulted because you find yourself in the middle of the field with no protection and get shot to pieces, what you need is to kill a few bodies and try to keep the opponent in combat so you finish him off on his turn.

4 Terminators and a chainfist is only 135 points compared to your 260 points.

Also, dozer blades are not worth the points and the havoc launcher is only good if you have the points to spare.

If you change the terminators and the dozer blades + havoc launcher you save 160 points. Thats enough for a defiler, a predator, a more squad of termies that you could deepstrike, a dreadnaught. You can always put the land raider as transport to the terminators instead of taking a heavy support slot.

I do not know what models you have and how you play. But to get rid of the all eggs in one basket, I would change the lord by taking the terminator armor off and riding him in a rhino. With the points left, I would add a second HQ (Lord, SOrcerer, Daemon Prince its your choice) but I would go with a daemon prince with wings and the mark of nurgle and warptime that's 175 points (the 160 spre points + terminator armor and still have 5 points left. The 5 points would be used for a personnal icon on any model in the army so your terminators, obliterators, deamon prince can deepstrike without scatter.

You could even ride your lord around alone in the raider and call the deepstriking terminators when you need help. Don't forget that when an icon is in a vehicule, the vehicule is used as the icon so any model deepstriking anywhere 6" from the vehicule will not scatter and a land raider gives you a pretty good range since it's so big.

·
4,967 Posts
I agree the terminators are too expensive and too lethal.

HQ: Take a daemon prince with MoN Wings and maybe warptime or doombolt.

Elites: Take 5 non champions with 1 chainfist and a few L claws if you want. Combiplasma all round is also cheap and fun. Land raider is ok. Extra armour gives the movement bonuses of possession but you keep BS4.

Troops: Make them all melta armed and drop the rhino upgrades. Then considder combiflamers on champions or a few rhinos.

Heavy: Either go vehicle heavy or not at all. Your rhinos and LR mean you should use predators or vindicators instead of the Oblits. This will take a little heat off your transports and go towards overloading the enemy antitank firepower.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the input I tried to apply all of your advice so here is:

Chi's death caravan 1.5:

HQ
Chaos Lord- 140 pts.
MoN
Pair of claws

Troops

7x Plague Marines (PC w/ PF and combi-flamer ,2x flamer, rhino) - 256 pts.

7x Plague Marines (PC w/ PF , 2x melta, rhino)- 256 pts.

7x Plague Marines (PC w/ PF , 2x melta, rhino )- 256 pts.

7x Plague Marines (PC w/ PF , 2x melta, rhino )-256pts.

Elites:
5x Terminators - 205 pts.
IoN
1x Chainfist

Heavy Support

Land Raider- 240 pts.
Daemonic Possession

Vindicator- 145pts.
Daemonic Possession

Vindicator-145 pts.
Daemonic Possession

Total: 1899 pts.
POINTS LEFT: 101

Im liking it a lot so far. What would be used for the last 100 ish points?

@ black_rose: I havent purchased anything other than the troops and budget isnt a big issue here so ANY advice is good

@ madcat: I followed your heavy vehicle or not at all (sounds like an iron warriors player talking) Does add some nice looks to my caravan or plague spear style that im trying for.

·
Registered
670 Posts
if you strip the daemonic possession off the LandRaider and make it their designated transport you have a heavy slot and 120 pts. take off your combi flamer from the lord, now you have a 3rd vindi,

i love nurgle and his 24" range of love.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, the FoC slot is empty but I would feel so bad if my spear head was stunned due to no Daemonic Possession. :\

·
Registered
316 Posts
One of my favorites in past few months is the dreadnaught. I've been playing a lot against deamons and started to love the dread against them.

The way I tool him out is a Missile Launcher and thats it, 100 points no more, no less. If you can find the spare points here or there you can add a heavy flamer also.

Look at the deamons, any of there troops can't do a thing against a dread (deamonettes can but need to roll so well it's almost wasted time) if they scatter badly and you are in charge range you lock them in combat and kill them off one by one until a prince, greater deamon or other comes and gives a hand.

Just lock a unit of 10 Bloodletters in combat against a dread and all your plague marines will thank you.

Dreads are good against almost every army and for 100 points why not. They do disobey once in a while but hey, a missile launcher keeps them unable to do anything against your rhinos (take frag against tanks and your good to go) if they are close and the rest of the time you have the krak.

An other option you could take is drop the MoN on the termies (thats 8 points per model for +1 T), drop the combi-flamer ont the champ, move the land raider as transport to the termies and add a defiler, that would be a third template that is possessed, serves as dreadnaught against deamons just in case and has fleet to keep up with the rest of your army.

Templates do look scary but with all the 4+ cover saves on the boards, they are not the most impressive weapons out there. Having 1-2 is good too give freights to your enemy. You are short on long range tank busting so I would change one of the vindicators for a predator armed with autocannon turret and sponson lascannons.

These are all ideas but personnaly I would go with a setup that would look like this
Land raider transport to the termies
Defiler
Vidicator with possession
Predator
Drop the MoN on the termies, add 2 combi-weapons of your choosing and a heavy flamer to the termies.
Drop the combi-flamer on the champion (you get 2 combi on the termies for 1 on the champ)
Everything not mentionned stays as is.

Hope you like the ideas

·
860 Posts
I like this new list, but would replace DeamonicP with ExtraA on the Raider.

With the 100 points here's a few ides:
1). Wings for your Lord. This will allow him to easily move between units who need help.

2). 7 Plaguebears (Summoned Daemons) + 2 Personal Icons (Lord and one Squad Champ), costing a total of 101pts. Terminators also have their Icon to summon with.

In Apocalypse games, you could use the figures as real Plaguebearers.

3). Replace Lord with Winged Sorcerer or Nurgle, with Warptime. With spare points he could be uograded to having a Familair and Wind of Chaos.

·
4,967 Posts
I would drop possession from the vindicators and swap the Lord for a winged prince. Then buy another vindicator or AC/2LC Pred.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts