Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tyranids 2010

The Parasite of Mortrex: Flying Warrior with funky special Assault powers

Tervigon: Regeneration, Adrenal Sacs. Psychic: Dominion & Catalyst. Dominion – Aids Synapse. Catalyst – helps protect a nearby Nid unit. Tervigons can generate free Nids, potentially each round.

Lictor: Helps with Reserves.

Brood of 2x Zoanthropes + Mycetic Spore with Deathspitter

Brood of 5x Tyranid Warriors: 4x Deathspitter, 1x Venom Cannon
Brood of 4x Tyranid Warriors: 3x Deathspitter, 1x Venom Cannon

Brood of 8x Genestealers including Broodlord. Broodlord has Psychic powers which help in Assaults.

Brood of 12x Hormagaunts + Mycetic Spore with Deathspitter

Brood of 10x Gargoyles

Trygon: Regeneration, Adrenal Sacs. Similar to the Forge World and Apocalypse versions.

Tyrannofex: Regeneration, Rupture Cannon. Tough Monstrous Creature with a serious high strength Cannon. Nearly 300 points.

Carnifex: Heavy Venom Cannon.

2,000pts

The Parasite of Mortrex joins with the Gargoyles.

The Tervigon starts with a shield of Warriors, and spawns Troops.

The Lictor hopefully will help with Deep Striking Trygon and Mycetic Spore.

The Genestealers can Outflank or enter via the Trygon.

Zoanthropes, Carnifex and Tyrannofex = anti-armour duty

I decided on Regeneration for all the big bugs, as I can see it genuinely giving 1-3 Wounds back to each, and seriously annoying my opponents.

Comment and criticism appreciated

Lord Ramon

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I'd try to add a Venomthrope. His 5+ save has worked better for me than regeneration. Keeping him out of the enemy lines of fire isn't hard to do, and that 5+ cover save is mighty useful. If an enemy focuses fire on one of your MCs they can deny regeneration, but no such luck with cover.
I also haven't had much luck with Heavy Venom Cannons. You already have the Tyrannofex and Zoanthropes in anti-tank duty, and they perform much better. I'd consider changing the Carnifex for another Trygon, a Harpy, or even another unit of Sporedrop Zoans.

And a question: Does the Tervigon have Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, or both?

·
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I may think about a Venomthrope in the future, but I like to play WYSIWYG, and don't own yet.

The Tervigon only has Adrenals, but I am going to experiment with Toxin too.

Lord Ramon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts