10 flagellant

20 spearmen + 10 halberdiers detachment

10 handgunners

7knights +full comand + war banner

5 pistoliers

5 outriders

2 cannons

2 hellblasters

this is a list i like with kurt cause is special choise....+has many power items.... now i have many questions.... to make as i am new here to librarium but play long time empire armies....i played many lists...full magic steel or gunpower now i want to make somthing balance... i wanna ask does kurt + warrior priest work together in a unit of knights? i mean hatred + immune to psychology? maybe this list is better with captain in pegasus + huntsmen for more maneurability army :D i have many ideas :D to say just answer me

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
I have a few suggestions to consider.

I would first drop the Helborg character. Get yourself the Grand Master Templar. You can kit him out better and keep him alive better than Helborg. Just use the Helborg model if you want. I like the sword of power and the re-rollable armor (rerollable 1+AS is tough) or you could give him a decent ward or ward/magic resistance which would be helpful ( I guess the Priest has that item)

Drop the 3rd scroll and get the rod of power. This is much more useful than a scroll. Effectively, you can hold 2 dice and next turn 1/6 chance of getting 2 more dispel dice if needed, or power dice depending on who you face. I think you can even combine this with the ring of volans (kind of sucks, but you might get lucky and get a good spell)

Warrior priest should probably get a better save, if possible.

Make your handgunner unit a detachment ~ saves you a drop and might help you get the first turn.

Bolster the Outriders a bit bigger so they don't panic and can kill more

I don't like having both mages in one unit, you can get them killed that way too easy and your knights can't take everyone. If you don't want another unit, make this one bigger so at least it doesn't panic easily.

I'd drop 1 hellblaster for the points for the other upgrades.

You have some big cannons, but no way to protect them, there's no troops. A fast moving army could take away your shooting in no time and then you'd be left with a smallish spearmen unit? I don't think the Hellblasters will kill as much as you think they will and cannons, while great at killing large targets and chariots, will not do much against a big troop based army or skirmishing army. You're knights could also get caught in a fight they don't want to be in or strung out in a corner if you're not careful.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
8X8Xi love kurt cause he wears items of 155 points value something that makes him special + 7ws the best WS in all empire! he is unstoppable 4attacks no armor saves +double combat resolution? have u ever tried him?

i made i new a list maybe u like it more.... so here it is :

Kurt helborg
captain

captain
pegasus
full plate
sword of might +1 stregth
enchanted shield

WP

armor of meteoric iron 1+save
icon of magnus (immune fear +terror = fear)
great weapon

battle wizard lvl 1

dispell scroll
>> >>

20 spearmen +full command
+10 halberdiers detachment

10 handgunners

5 knights +full command +warbanner

5 pistoliers +musician

22 greatswords +full command
+10 halberdiers detcahment

2 great cannons

2 hellblasters

its 2000k points exactly 2000k just and have everything i am w8ting new post about this list....

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
It's just I don't like the named characters. He does have some nice items and WS7 is good, stubborn is better, but he's a 100 pts more than a templar master, and he only has a 2+save and T4. Maybe its just me, but I don't always get the charge off I want, and I don't always roll hits (in fact I seem to rarely roll hits with WS7 characters) With as many wardsaves and regeneration saves as some characters can get nowdays, I could see Kurt dying really easily (think HE striking first, Tyrant w/ Tenderizer, new VC, even chaos have some trinkets) i'm just saying for my luck, having a rerollable 1+armor save and even a ward, keeps my guy alive. He does just as well being str6 as he does auto wounding most of the time. Just my opinion.
I think the other characters setup is better, though you may want to erase the exact values for upgrades. That's against the forum's policy to post those.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
look 4 attacks usually gives me +6 combat resolution 3 attacks its fixed they will hit (automatic wound) +warbanner +anykill +by knights? what unit can stand vs this "hammer"? templar is nice char for tank maybe the best but prefer kurt...also the diference is 80 points... its not so much for use templar....look i dont say i will not play templar.... only in defensive too good list... now iam offensive enough i believe.....i destroy mass of blocks of undead or chaos in one single turn...something that templar grand master cant do this.....i fear always of no armour saves..... so kurt down..... if i would play templar grand master i would give him an armour save of 1+rerolls plate + ward 4 +great weapon stregth 6 so u have 3 armour saves..... armour save 1+ rerolls ++ward 4 makes him immortal ! ;Y right??? maybe something to improve my list?

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
look 4 attacks usually gives me +6 combat resolution 3 attacks its fixed they will hit (automatic wound) +warbanner +anykill +by knights? what unit can stand vs this "hammer"? templar is nice char for tank maybe the best but prefer kurt...also the diference is 80 points... its not so much for use templar....look i dont say i will not play templar.... only in defensive too good list... now iam offensive enough i believe.....i destroy mass of blocks of undead or chaos in one single turn...something that templar grand master cant do this.....i fear always of no armour saves..... so kurt down..... if i would play templar grand master i would give him an armour save of 1+rerolls plate + ward 4 +great weapon stregth 6 so u have 3 armour saves..... armour save 1+ rerolls ++ward 4 makes him immortal ! ;Y right??? maybe something to improve my list?
well, that would be illegal, you don't get the choice of a great weapon. Maybe you're too good. 4 attacks is not great. It's good for the empire, but it's still not that good compared to most other armies. I can't count the number of times I've had WS7 or better and hit only 0-1 times. Yeah, you autowound, but there are too many characters with decent ward saves around for me to take that yahoo. I can't stand named characters because usually they are ridiculous or not that great or too expensive. The empire has some okay named characters, but you're not always going to get the charge off, you're not always going to kill the guy who challenges you, and if you don't, all you have is a 2+ armorsave (he can't even carry a shield) which doesn't do well against the very common str6 hits or even str7 hits he'll recieve. I think he's too much of a liability and for my money, the grand templar master is a better buy. It's just my opinion. Obviously, you do allright with kurt.

I think swordsmen are the only infantry troop to ever be taken (not including shooters) until they fix or make halberds or spearmen worth it, that's all the fighting infantry I'll ever take with detachments of handgunners/crossbowmen and more swordsmen. I think the Hellblasters are bunk as well after the nerfing they recieved. If you really want commentary on either of these, you can look it up in past posts, as I've commented on both several times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.