Librarium Online Forums banner
785 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Nagash 
#1 ·
I am going to play a high elf player this week and some of my models are at my friends house who is on vacation so I am using what I have:\. I think it should work pretty well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

LHP: Heiro
Cloak of Dunes
Plaques
Golden Ankhra

TP: put in skellies
Flail/LA/S
Death mask

LP 173
steed
heiratic jar
scroll

LP
Casket of souls
scroll
Enkhil Kanopi

SSC
SotF

16 bowman
musician

19 skellies
LA/HW/S
full command

21 skellies
HW/LA/S
full command

3 charriots
Banner
Banner of undying legion

1 scorpion

5 carrion

2002 points

I am using all of the models I have access to besides 3 ushabti and a second screaming skull catapult because I can only bring two rare choices. Thanks for checking out my list, any help would be appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
personally from my exp. at playing high elves trying to "one up them" on magic is hard... granted my friend is a magic whore... but i really suggest throwing a king or prince in a group of chariots (unit of 5?) so you will do alot of damage against the really crappy ASF rule.

as i have done i almost always take out his first line of troops makin it useless to ASF

and a deathmask going up against a high leadership army...eh.. be weird but i would love to see results

#4 ·
Punted to the Army List section :)

S_J gives some good advice. Chariots are your friends :)

If the list is made of just what you have, (and you arent in a position to get much more too soon, which is fair enough) then id recommend spamming bowmen (Your arrows vs weak armour = better than their ASF GWs negating your save anyway :p)

Generally i think the CotD is sufficient protection for a Priest, the GA is just an extra cost, points best spend elsewhere, possibly.

#6 ·
Well, my turn then :p

HE is my regular opponent :) Do not play with LHP against them, if you're not going to field three other TPs. I know it sounds crazy, but you will find it bad to go against that Dispel Pool with no more spells, but only more Dice. Focus on the quantity of spells instead, by playing a TK ;) Then, you will also have some hitting power in your Army...

The DMoK is an interesting one! :dance: Try it, and see how it works for you - it is NOT weird, since Terror is one additional Psychology Factor and shall not be underestimated... Even by Elves!

Keep your Command options on a low level, and afford nothing more than Musicians for your Bowmen Regiments :) Save some points by going hard on Skellie Bowmen (equipping each and every Skellie unit with nothing more than Bows).

Add an extra Chariot to that Unit.

And five Skellies to the Unit with 16 so it makes a total of 21 :)

If you want to keep to the 2k pts-limit, you should erase the Mask (but only if you cannot exceed this value by 2 ) and go for the Armour of the Ages instead. Erase the LA and change the Flail and Shield for a Great Weapon ;)

Hope It Helps!

//Nagash, the Great One

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.