Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always liked themed armies :silly:and since MI and horde units are really good in 8th edition it might be viable to have a moulder army with lots of giant rats and rat ogres so here would be my 2k list;

Throt the Unclean

Chieftain
Bsb
Storm banner

Warlock engineer
Level 1
Dispel scroll

18 rat ogres
2 Packmasters

21 slaves

83 giant rats
Skweel gnawtooth

2 hellpit abominations

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The problem is this army is lacking shooting and magic, and with an army with no saves this might not work so well. I could make it a bit more competitive by not having all moulder units as fluff wise mercenaries/stealing other clan’s unit’s sounds about right. So if this list doesn’t work after a few tries I will try this list;

Grey Seer
Dispel scroll

Throt the unclean

23 slaves

18 rat ogres
2 Packmasters

39 plague monks
Plague banner

2 warp lightning cannons

Hellpit

any one got any feedback or changes?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also woul like to try this list;

Grey Seer
Dispel scroll
Iron curse icon

Throt

Chieftain
Bsb
Storm banner

20 slaves

14 rat ogres
2 Packmasters

37 plague monks
Plague banner

2 Hellpit Abominations

·
Registered
747 Posts
Ah, a poster after my own fetid heart .... :desire:

A Moulder-themed list is completely doable , not to forget , competitive .

The grey seer, and the BSB, are perfect choices . To be a bit fluffy, bring along a stormvermin pack ( albino guard ), to be their bunker . Maybe add a weapon team too . Now, here comes the tricky part . Do want to protect your army from incoming missile/cannon fire, or the leadership to keep them on the field ? I'd presonally take the Standard of Discipline ( the Grey Seer is your general ), and then load up skavenslaves/giants rats for a missile screen .

If you want to bring along, Throt, he should be placed with a pack of giant rats . Thanks to his Ravening Hunger, he is capable of removing a rat ogre despite its remaining wounds .

For your core, you'll want to load up on skavenslaves and giant rats . Looking at 30+ for skavenslaves, and 20+ for giant rats .

As far as Monstrous Infantry goes, rat ogres are the bottom-of-the-barrel . No saves of any kind, no regen, and they heavily rely on their packmasters . I personally wouldn't take packs with more than 3 ROs, using them for flank chargers . If you want to pay the points, and take advantage of Throt's option, take two blocks of 9 ROs as two core choices .

Skweel is good, regardless if attached to a pack of giant rats or ROs .

I personally stick with two HPAs , and maybe a DW or WLC if it legally fits .

Well, that's my waffling, so please take it with a grain-of-salt .

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thanks for the post =]
Yeah rat ogres aren’t worth their points was just toying with a killy army that could come from Hellpit stronghold for a campaign and putting down 18 i4 MI was kind of funny. I think if I was serious about a moulder list it would be slaves and giant rats. My main competitive list atm is a grey seer, bsb, 2 warlock engineers with doom rocket and brass orb, 2 units of clan rats (20 and 25), 3 units of slaves (3 units of 50 ), gutter runners, 2 doom wheels and 2 warp lighting cannons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts