Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday,

My Tomb Kings list got thumped in it's first round of Votewar by a cav Khorne List, so I decided to write one (a different kinda one, of course :p)

Here it is:

L - Chaos Lord of Khorne
MoK, Steed, Bone crusher mace, Enchanted shield, Gaze of the Gods

C - 6x Chosen Chaos Knights of Khorne
-MoK, Full Command, Warbanner

C - 5x Chaos Knights of Khorne
MoK

C - 5c Chaos Knights of Khorne
MoK

C - 5x Marauder Horsemen
Spear, shield, Throwing axe, Musician

C - 5x Marauder Horsemen
Spear, shield, Throwing axe, Musician.

C - 5x Hounds

C - 5x Hounds

S - 18x Beastherd
10x Ungor (spear), 7x Gor (2x Hand weapon), Full command

S - 8x Furies

R - 4x Dragon Ogres
Light armour, Great weapon

TOTAL 1997

So, basicly the hounds and beastmen will be screening on the way in from missile fire (I know itll slow them down, but at least the knights should see combat less hurt...), the knights charge whatever they think they can kill on the charge, the marauder horsemen offer nice flankers. The DO's give me a s7 unit, thats fast and NOT frenzied, so I have control over SOMETHING :p

The beastmen also offer a pretty good unit in combat, that can plough through woods. This unit will be invaluable against the Wood Elves. Furies can do this to an extent as well, but FLight lets them war machine hunt too. ITP means, as a screen, they wont be fleeing either.

I haven't used the Bone Crusher mace before, but since the Lord's bodyguard of Chosen should be dealing with most units, this weapon give me something against monsters. Always wound on 2+ will prove great againsy Dragons, Treemen, big bad Daemons, Giants and the like. Most monster units rely on toughness and wounds rather than armour, so I should be crunching them good.

The only drawback is the lack of dispel dice. 6 is ok, but could be better for Khorne. I dlove the get some chariots in there, but cant decide where to take the points, since the army has some good tactics (I think...;o)

All in all, specific tactics will depend on what army I face, but I think theres a good supply of different troops to employ whatever tactics are needed for victory...

Regards, Tim

·
Registered
71 Posts
Don't bother with the Throwing Axes and Shields on the Marauder Horsemen. Give them Flails and keep the Musicians: this way they're cheap and they hit hard. The best way to use them IMO. Really no point in using them otherwise.

Maybe downgrade the Lord to an Exalted Champion? He'll still be very good, but you'll save some points (maybe equip him with the Rending Sword, this way he'll also be good at killing monsters etc.). Right now if you deploy him with the Chosen Knights, the unit will be a real overkill. And also drop the war banner: it's too much.

I suggest you give the other Knight units a musician and a champion, just in case.

When done as I suggested you'll have enough points to add one chariot with the MoK.

Otherwise the list is nice.

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks dude,

It's really REALLY big monsters that worry me - lots at my club. Great unclean ones, black dragons, chaos dragons, the lot. An exhausted couldn't really stand up to these guys, leaving only the dragon ogres as my best chance, but only t4 means big beasties should eat them up, so i don't want it all left to them.....so, the Lord is important, I think...

I do appreciate the thoughts on trying to fit the chariot in tho.

Thanks again

Tim

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Give Knights Champ and Music. Loose banner from Beast Herd, they play a supporting role here. Flails on the Maru Cav, loose Axes and shields as said. Possibly ok to loose a Fury or two. Trying to find what the Bone Crusher Mace does, cant see it in Hordes, im guessing Beasts and i dont have that on me.

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bonecruher mace wounds everything on a 2+. Armour saves modified by base strength. I reckon its awsome. The only real drama is high armour target, but ive got heaps of attacks.

Anyway, Im off to work. You've got some good tweaks there, phoenix, ill look over them later.

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.