Chaos Giant
- Mutant monstrosity
Total 225pts

Army total: 1999pts

Dispel Dice: 2 + 5

·
I AM the Evil Twin!
4,989 Posts
I would consider droping the beast herd and the banner of rage to buy more bulk out your chaos warrior units. In addition I would seriously consider swaping the greatweapons for halberds as greatweapons tend to really only be worth it on chosen chaos warriors owing to their 4+ save.

JvK :happy:

·
Master of secret stuff
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Characters

Exalted champion of Chaos
- Mark of Khorne
- Daemonic Steed
- Shield
- Sword of Might
- Gaze of the Gods
Total 237pts

Core

12 Warriors of Chaos
- Mark of Khorne
- Great weapons
- Chosen
- fullcommand
Total 339pts

12 Warriors of Chaos
- Mark of Khorne
- Additional hand weapons
- fullcommand
Total 279pts

5 Knights of Chaos
- Mark of Khorne
- Champion & Musician
Total 240pts

6 Marauder Horsemen
- Flails
- Musician
Total 96pts

5 Warhounds of Chaos
Total 30pts

5 Warhounds of Chaos
Total 30pts

Special

Beast Herd
- 6 gor with additional hand weapons
- 7 Ungor
Musician
Total 75pts

6 Chaos Furies
Total 90pts

4 Minotaurs
- Mark of Khorne
- Great weapons
Total 229pts

Rare

2 Chaos Spawn
- Bloodbeasts of Chaos
Total 150pts

Chaos Giant
Total 205pts

Army total: 2000pts

Dispel Dice: 2 + 5

Perhaps something more like that then?

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Loose the banners from the Chaos Warriors and Knights. Dont think the Chosen warriors are worth it, though id say give both units 2xHW, and possibly shields too, to maximise on attacks, its what they need to win combat.
The Beast Herd could do with a boost in size, something like 8/12, and also a Champuion is a muct for them.
Also the Minotaurs will be far better in a unit of 4, so get another one of those in.
Furies will be ok in a unit of 5 or 6, so itll be fine to drop a few of them if you need to.

·
Master of secret stuff
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i made some of the changes suggested however i did actually want to try foot chosen, so i gave them great weapons (but kept standard), lost standard on knights, lost a few furies, gave other warriors additional hand weapons (as i only have one unit with these) and made the minotaurs up to 4

·
Registered
121 Posts
What your list currently lacks is static combat res and numbers. Which are quite handy, fighting fear-causing enemy, for instance.

Ever considered a unit of 25 armor/shield marauders?
Alternatively, you could use DoW Norse marauders (They're a good addition to khornate list with their frenzy).

Perhaps drop the giant to get some points - as he loses some efficiency with the absence of the battle standard bearer.

Last thing - not sure about the daemonic mount. Unless you plan on joining your exalted to marauder unit to provide fear-immunity, of course.

Overall your list looks as rather balanced and fun to play with/against.

·
Master of secret stuff
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DoW you say ;? thats just disgusting! (i actually hate DoW, cant see a Khorne general hiring them personally, but thats just me)

Well its more just meant to be a fun a list rather than maximum combat efficiency, otherwise i wouldnt even be bothering about warriors and just stick as many knights as i can find into it. Well im going to keep the daemonic steed as my general is a archoan conversion and he never looked right on a cavalry base (some funny reason ;) )

What i will do i think is perhaps have a alternate list made that include marauders rather than a few other things (such as giants), but thanks for the last comment, thats really the only aim of the list :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Regarding the using-DoW-thing. I was saying about using the DoW-Norse marauders rules to represent the Khorne-Marked Chaos Marauders (as they have frenzy).

Peace :)

·
Master of secret stuff
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
very true but if you use marauders then really its generally a great way to reduce the amount of frenzy in a army you need to worry about, besides, i would never use them on the principle that i just agree with the whole concept of DoW, besides i went through all the trouble of putting my marauders on larger bases, i dont think i would want to

1) put them back on small bases
2) spend £50 on a new unit, i think my other half would actually string me up.

But anyways thanks for the replies :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
i like you're list, however i like warriors with shields adn hand wepons as it max's combat efficincy while als ogiving you the choice to get some 4+ saves against range. Lets see, i like teh beast aspect although if i were you i would sub out the giant for a exalted champ to stick in with the other knights as he really improves comabt effectivly. i don't like mauraders and i'm glad to see them nonexistant, my policy is use beastmen if you can, and i know they serve differnet purposes but its MIPO. oh and use a chariot instead of teh maurader horsemen, as they are kinda bad, you have knights, thats the enemy s target for attack, anything else you have should really be pretty safe from fire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts