Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well seeing as im feeling christmassy today I thought i'd post a list that I've had sucess with in my local store and against friends.

Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur. General.
Shield, Light armour, Blade of Realities, Carnosaur Pendant,

Skink Priest on Ancient Stegadon with Engine of the Gods.
Level 2 Wizard, Diadem of power,

Skink Chief.
Blowpipe, Venom of the Firefly Frog, Shield, Light armour,

Skink Chief. Battle Standard Bearer.
Plaque of Dominion, Additional Hand weapon,

Saurus Warriors x 16
Spears,

Skink Skirmishers x 12
Brave

Skink Skirmishers x 12
Brave

Terradon Riders x 3
Brave

Cold One Cavalry x 8
Full Command, Huanchis Blessed Totem,

That comes to 1919 points allowing 81 points to add whatever you want, Comments and alterations are welcome :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where do you hide your two skink chiefs so they don't get assassinated?
Are those 80 points usually a salamander or razordon with an extra handler?

Also, I don't like unit champions in shooting units, It is easier to just roll all the dice at once. But that is more an opinion among me and my friends than an empirical statement.

Reactions: lewbot1

·
4,361 Posts
Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur. General.
Shield, Light armour, Blade of Realities, Carnosaur Pendant,
I really never saw the point of having the blade of realities and a carno. Just always seemed a little redundant to me. And speaking of redundancy, why the pendant. The carno already supplies that ability.

Skink Priest on Ancient Stegadon with Engine of the Gods.
Level 2 Wizard, Diadem of power,
Nice.

Skink Chief.
Blowpipe, Venom of the Firefly Frog, Shield, Light armour,
Cool.

Skink Chief. Battle Standard Bearer.
Plaque of Dominion, Additional Hand weapon,
I really like the plaque.

Saurus Warriors x 16
Spears,

Skink Skirmishers x 12
Brave

Skink Skirmishers x 12
Brave

Terradon Riders x 3
Brave
Braves don't really do that much. I assume two of them are to protect the chiefs. I would drop the others.

Cold One Cavalry x 8
Full Command, Huanchis Blessed Totem,
Gives you a rank bonus to start, but I don't think you need it. I would only run 5.
I would mind getting another unit of terradons in the list with the extra points. A ward save talisman on the one chief could be good as well.

Good luck,
SirKently

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@ Kneedles, I usually hide the chief with the blowpipe in one of my skirmisher units, hence the reason why I upgrade the unit with a brave, to dodge out of scary challenges. The BsB's position can vary but he to can be put into the other skink unit, Hence the reason for the other brave.

The 81 points are really there for either different magic item options, a salamander (if i want to cause some leadership tests against armies with poor Ld), or if I drop a brave on the terradon unit another unit of 3 terradons. I really use the leeway when Im not sure what army I will be facing and need to tweak the list a bit.

@ Sirkently, You have a good point about the Blade of Realities, I like it due to the "no ward save" of its special attack and also that it scares the hell out of Skaven players with the hellpit abomination due to the abominations low Ld, But I guess against other armies the blade could change also.

I included the Pendant as I figured that if I am unable to control the Carno anyway due to its frenzy, what's there to lose by giving the Oldblood on top of it frenzy also? Thats also kind of an aesthetic choice, I just find the idea of both Carno and rider losing themselves in bloodlust rage for a few hours kind of cool! :sinister:

Taking out 3 of the cold ones is an interesting possibility, but what would you do with the extra 105 points you would have?

Thanks for the comments and Questions, Rep for both!

·
Registered
12 Posts
If a mount if frenzied then the rider is frenzied, and vice versa. It's what makes savage orc boar boys such a pain on the charge.

I would give the oldblood the glyph necklace, and then the ASF sword and maiming shield. Or you could give him the +1 to hit sword instead. He'd have 6 attacks plus the shield attack so mabye the +1 to hit would do more damage.

The shield of the mirrored pool is also worth looking at to prevent enemy mages from attacking him. I wish lizardmen had a magic resistance item. Also, I wish that the divine plaque of protection was a talisman not an enchanted item.

·
4,361 Posts
lewbot1;1611471I included the Pendant as I figured that if I am unable to control the Carno anyway due to its frenzy said:
As soon as the carno goes nuts, the rider goes nuts as well. Frenzy is transfered from the mount to the rider. That is what I meant by the pendant being redundent. As for the blade, I really like it too, but if taking it, I mount the oldblood on a cold one. I like the extra armour save, especially if I take an enchanted shield also.[/COLOR]

Taking out 3 of the cold ones is an interesting possibility, but what would you do with the extra 105 points you would have?
Like I mentioned, another unit of terradons would be nice. Maybe a salamander if you like them.
SirKently

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.