Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of buying nids since one of my local stores is gonna close soon and will have them on sale, wanted to see what you guys thought of my list before I do though.

HQ 1+2 = Tyrant = 135 points (270)
- enhanced senses, 2* TL-devourers, toxin sacs, adrenal glands (WS), psychic scream

Elites 1+2+3 = Carnifex = 113 points (339)
- enhanced senses, 2* TL-devourers

Troops 1+2+3+4 = 6 genestealers = 150 points (600)
- enhance carapace, scything talons, flesh hooks

Heavy Support 1 = 3 Zoanthropes = 55 points (165)
- psychic scream, synapse
Heavy Support 2+3 = Carnifex = 213 points (426)
- barbed strangler, venon cannon, enhanced senses, bonded exoskeleton, reinforced chitin, regeneration

Fast Attack 1 = Ravener = 40 points
- scything talons, rending claws
Fast Attack 2+3 = 2* Ravener = 80 points (160)
- scything talons, rending claws

Total = 2000

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think you should drop the regen on the carnifex. If you really want it, i'd say drop the bonded exoskeleton.

Maybe drop the scything talons on the genestealers, that makes them REALLY expensive. Usually its not worth it.

Im not sure about the synapse on the zoanthropes. Not many of your units need it. I think you only need 1 with synapse.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think you should drop the regen on the carnifex. If you really want it, i'd say drop the bonded exoskeleton.

Maybe drop the scything talons on the genestealers, that makes them REALLY expensive. Usually its not worth it.
I agree with both of these. I play always without the bonded exoskeleton as I don't think the extra toughness helps that much given it's high on the carnifex to start; I sometimes play extended carapace, but only for a save against things such as missile launchers if I know the opponent is fielding them.

Again, if you strip back on these things, you can beef up the size of your swarm.

Im not sure about the synapse on the zoanthropes. Not many of your units need it. I think you only need 1 with synapse.
I disagree with this point - I've Synapse coverage is vital (though I field gaunts where this is more-applicable) - it prevents your cunning plan from being screwed up by bug-cowardice. :)

One thing you should consider: do you have enough spare parts to make the army you want? eg. I count 5 models with dual twin-linked devourers (2xHT + 3xCarnie) requiring 10 pairs, yet you'll only get 7 of those pairs - one pair for each of the HTs, one with each of the 5x carnies you've bought. You should probably have a rending claw check as well.

Regards,
Andrew.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts