Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so ive been playin eldar for a solid year or so now, and i originally had a slow (compared to most eldar armies) but tough list. now i figured id switch it up a little and heres the list ive drawn up and am intending to use.

HQ
Autarch w/ Power Weapon, Fusion Gun, and Mandiblasters - 100
Autarch w/ Power Weapon, Fusion Gun, and Mandiblasters - 100

Troops
10 Guardians w/ Shuriken Cannon - 85
10 Dire Avengers - Exarch w/ Bladestorm, Defend, Dual Churiken Catapults - 167
10 Dire Avengers - Exarch w/ Bladestorm, Defend, Dual Churiken Catapults - 167
Wave Serpent w/ Shuriken Cannon and Spirit Stones - 110
Wave Serpent w/ Shuriken Cannon and Spirit Stones - 110

Elites
10 Striking Scorpions - Exarch w/ Shadowstrike, Stalker, Scorpions Claw - 212
10 Striking Scorpions - Exarch w/ Shadowstrike, Stalker, Scorpions Claw - 212

Fast Attack
10 Warp Spiders - Exarch w/ Dual Death Spinners, Powerblades, Suprise Assult, Withdraw

Heavy Support
5 Dark Reapers - Exarch w/ Tempest Launcher and Crack Shot - 217

Total - 1997
So thats 97 Models and 2 tanks with a whopping 3 points to spare.
The general plan for this army is for the Autarchs to group up with the DAs and fly in the Wave Serpents and smash into one of their flanks, doin some damage and dividing the enemies forces. On the other flank, i will march up with my guardians and dominate with their ungodly power. my Dark reapers will pick a spot front and center and give much needed support to my troops. the scorps and spiders will most likeley go into reserves and bust out on turn 2 on a 2+. yeah, a 2+. due to the 2 autarchs i have, i get +2 to all of my reserve rolls. the scorps and spiders will then come out wherever needed and break the now weakened firing line, hopefully securing me a nice little victory. And if im doing cap and hold, ill pile my guardians into my objective, and them and the dark reapers will pour a whole lot of fire into any approaching enemies. my DA's, scorps, and spiders will go to the other side of the field and take the enemies objective. And if your wondering why my autarchs have fusion guns, its for a little anti-tank, as i can remove them from the DA's at the beggining of the turn to fire at a pesky gun platform.

So, if anyone has any advise, concerns, strategies, or changes they wanna tell me about please do so. You can never have too many second opinions.

·
Registered
545 Posts
You have quite a few infantry units to take care of other infantry units, perfectly reasonable. You also only have two autarchs to take care of anything with an armor value of 13+ so you may want to add in a bright lance or 2 or anything of your choice to take care of those well armored foes. Other than that it looks like it's fine and it's success should depend on how you react to what goes on on the board. Best of luck :)

·
1,059 Posts
I have to agree about the anti tank being very low in this list, if you run into a mech army you will really struggle to hurt the armor. Would recommend dropping one of the scorpion squads to pick up some sort of AT.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ditch the Power Weapons on the autarchs. Even with 6 attacks on the charge you won't be causing enough wounds for it to be worth it's points. Get Scorpion chainswords instead. That saves you 10 Points. Also ditch the mandiblasters. 10 Points for an extra attack may sound good, but really it won't have enough impact on the game for it to be useful. Only time when I bother with them is when he's jetbike mounted. That's 30 points saved.

If all you are going to give your guardians is a shuriken cannon then take storm guardians. I'd personally recomend eldar missile launchers on the heavy weapon platforms. They have a longer range and a blast weapon which makes the guardians bs less important.

Put eldar missile Launchers on the wave serpents (for the same reasons as above). Also if dire avengers get into combat with pretty much anything they are dead. All defend does is prelong that fact and probably prevent them from being shot at because they are in combat with your dire avengers.

Drop the Claws off the exarchs for the scorpions. The biting blade strikes in inititve order and will most of the time be strength 6 anyway. Yes it's not a power fist but it's cheaper and goes fist.

Can't comment on the warp spiders, but I hate dark reapers. I'd rather have a pair of fire prisms for the cost of your dark reapers. They are mobile most importantly and have a longer range. They'll also take some of the fire off your wave serpents.

Random Guy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i revised the list taking into account some of the suggestions that have been made. I basically dropped the power weapons and mandiblasters off the autarchs and gave em chainswords, dropped the claws off the scorps for biting blades, and took suprise assult off of my spiders. So now ive got 58 free points, and figured id invest them in bright lances for my wave serpents. leaving the guardians as they are, with the shuriken cannons mainly cause they're cheap. as for switching them with storm guardians, you'd be trading 1 attack in CC for 1 ranged attack. Assuming you'll be fighting something with 3 ws or higher ur gonna need 4's to hit anyway, but with one less strength then you would have at a range. ill keep defend on my Dire Avengers because it keeps them alive till they get support from my scorps or spiders. so thats about it ill be usin this list this weekend and seein how it does against whoever i decide to battle.

Oh and as for Dark Reapers, ive been usin them ever since i started playing and they have always done amazing, so ill be keeping them. ive tried using a fire prism, but its too risky. real easy to get an armament destroyed and make it useless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.