10 warriors-180 points

Heavy Support:

Monolith-235 points

2 Heavy Destroyers-130 points

2 Heavy Destroyers-130 points

Elites:
8 Immortals-224 points

So here is my thinking,
I will VoD my Lord with 8 Immortals up the field so i can start punching down on the enemy right away. Meanwhile, using the MOnolith as a meatshield, my Nightbringer will start to make his way up the board along with more warriors.The Heavy Destroyers will be moving towards where ever there is vehicles. Thanks guys! Help and suggestions are wanted!

·
Registered
36 Posts
well for starters the Nightbringr is nowhere near 235pts, so there goes some remaining points ;)

VOD with 20 figs is extra dangerous, as this unit is highly likely to end up in terain or in someone. If you play it safe, you'll be outside the 12" range and you won't even be able to shoot :/

·
Registered
346 Posts
id not use the night bringer add another lord and another troop squad. rez orbs

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well for starters the Nightbringr is nowhere near 235pts, so there goes some remaining points ;)

VOD with 20 figs is extra dangerous, as this unit is highly likely to end up in terain or in someone. If you play it safe, you'll be outside the 12" range and you won't even be able to shoot :/
it was a typo the points are still there.

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
Hey mitchm1024, Welcome to the Necron Tomb. I suppose a welcome to Librarium Online is also in order. I hope you enjoy your time with us here.

Which is forever by the way, you are not allowed to leave. :silly:

Now down to your list. I will say that at 2k it's acceptable to be throwing out a C'tan and a Monolith, though it is still a massive chunk of your points. Your warriors on the other hand, are running in groups that are a bit too large. The 20-man unit is insanely large and very clumsy to wield in such a manner. If you want to be veiling a lord around and blasting, get immortals, they are far more effective for that purpose. Also anything over 10-12 warriors in one squad is simply going to be peeled off the board in a sweeping advance once they get close enough to rapid fire with.

If you want heavy destroyers. Which I don't think are a terrible idea at this level, I suggest fielding two squads of two or two squads of three. You'll need the extra shots to get the job done, you can't afford to be trying to kill just one vehicle a turn at range. Also with multiple squads you can ensure a higher rate of survivability than with just one, as if one dies, it can still make WBB and merge with the other.

So for overall advice in this force;
1. Split the 20 man warrior squad into two units. And drop the excess on your squads of 12. 4x10

2. Take another heavy destroyer, then split one from your original squad out so you have two squads of two.

3. Pick up some Immortals to go with that veiling lord. I suggest 6-8. Honestly a pair of 5-man squads would not be a bad decision either if you ask me.

In the future please refrain from altering the font size/typeface of your posts, this is against Forum Rules.

Thank You,
Alzer

·
Registered
346 Posts
o another option is to give lord a destoyer body and put him with wraiths. i cant rember if this is allowed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hey mitchm1024, Welcome to the Necron Tomb. I suppose a welcome to Librarium Online is also in order. I hope you enjoy your time with us here.

Which is forever by the way, you are not allowed to leave. :silly:

Now down to your list. I will say that at 2k it's acceptable to be throwing out a C'tan and a Monolith, though it is still a massive chunk of your points. Your warriors on the other hand, are running in groups that are a bit too large. The 20-man unit is insanely large and very clumsy to wield in such a manner. If you want to be veiling a lord around and blasting, get immortals, they are far more effective for that purpose. Also anything over 10-12 warriors in one squad is simply going to be peeled off the board in a sweeping advance once they get close enough to rapid fire with.

If you want heavy destroyers. Which I don't think are a terrible idea at this level, I suggest fielding two squads of two or two squads of three. You'll need the extra shots to get the job done, you can't afford to be trying to kill just one vehicle a turn at range. Also with multiple squads you can ensure a higher rate of survivability than with just one, as if one dies, it can still make WBB and merge with the other.

So for overall advice in this force;
1. Split the 20 man warrior squad into two units. And drop the excess on your squads of 12. 4x10

2. Take another heavy destroyer, then split one from your original squad out so you have two squads of two.

3. Pick up some Immortals to go with that veiling lord. I suggest 6-8. Honestly a pair of 5-man squads would not be a bad decision either if you ask me.

In the future please refrain from altering the font size/typeface of your posts, this is against Forum Rules.

Thank You,
Alzer

I will definitely take that into mind! I just changed my list to what you said and I have 41 points left. Any ideas? Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
35 Posts
i was thinking maybe gaze of flame because im versing chaos and alot of power claws.

After that I would suggest popping an orb on your lord, as long as you're sitting around with just enough points for one, why not?
I was also thinking maybe one wraith just to cause a distraction? I sort of thing rez orbs are bad because it is only 6 inch range.Any other ideas?

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
Please use the Edit button in the bottom right hand corner as opposed to double posting.

Thank You,
Alzer

To be honest, because of the way the res orb works, 6" is not that bad. In a proper phalanx formation you can get 3-4 squads covered with one res orb. The UNIT has to be within 6" not just one model from said unit.

A single wraith is unlikely to do very much. Since it cannot make WBB when it dies alone, you're basically paying nearly triple points for a unit that will die like a space marine to most fire (t4 3+ save). In opposition to this the res orb increases the survivablity of multiple squads, instead of giving your opponent a free kill point. It's hard to say how much of a distraction a single wraith could provide. Granted they can cause a bit of havok, if you want them, focus on taking more so they are more effective. Especially at 2k.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Please use the Edit button in the bottom right hand corner as opposed to double posting.

Thank You,
Alzer

To be honest, because of the way the res orb works, 6" is not that bad. In a proper phalanx formation you can get 3-4 squads covered with one res orb. The UNIT has to be within 6" not just one model from said unit.

A single wraith is unlikely to do very much. Since it cannot make WBB when it dies alone, you're basically paying nearly triple points for a unit that will die like a space marine to most fire (t4 3+ save). In opposition to this the res orb increases the survivablity of multiple squads, instead of giving your opponent a free kill point. It's hard to say how much of a distraction a single wraith could provide. Granted they can cause a bit of havok, if you want them, focus on taking more so they are more effective. Especially at 2k.
I really like the collectors lord with staff of light, so could i say he has a rez orb in his pocket or something? I could convert him maybe?

·
Registered
406 Posts
i was thinking maybe gaze of flame because im versing chaos and alot of power claws.

I was also thinking maybe one wraith just to cause a distraction? I sort of thing rez orbs are bad because it is only 6 inch range.Any other ideas?
Small units, particularly wraiths are best taken in more than one model so you can at least benefit from WBB. Otherwise, its a waste of points and an easy kill for your opponent (3+ inv is no different than a normal 3+ when being shot at or attacked for that matter).

HERESY!!!
I know we don't have much care for the heresy of other factions but there is nothing "bad" about a ResOrb. A ResOrb on the battlefield is unlife for your phalanx, its what makes them incredibly tough. And as Alzer said, given that you only need to have ONE model of a unit within the 6" to allow the entire unit to benefit, which is very handy for a phalanx, 6" coverage is absolute gold!

Since you're starting out, I strongly insist that you take a ResOrb until you get a feel for the workings of a necron force.

·
Registered
346 Posts
rez orbs are the backbone of most necron armies because if a power fist hits you, you still get WBB its well worth its points in many situations.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts