Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I though I'd start a Lizzy army along with the Wood Elfs I'm currentl working on and find out whats good to buy before I spend money. I've read a few of the topic on Lizzies and have already picked up on the fact that it's almost impossible to win without them, however I have a deep hatred of painting little thing on mass (goes back to the when I tried a Scaven Army) so please don't comment that this list needs Skinks. An other advice and pointers are very welcome. Can I makw a decent Lizzardmen army without skinks or am I just donna have to bite the bullet. This army will be for friendly games.

Thanks

Lords
Slann Mage priest
plaque of protection
battle standard
4th generation

Scar Vet
Spawing of Tepok
Spawning of Itzl
Cold One
Spear
Shield
137 points

Skink Sharman
Blood Statuette of Spite
level 2, scout

Skink Sharman 2
dispel scroll
level 2

Core
15 Saurus Warriors 180 (with sharman 1)

15 Saurus Warriors 180 (with Sharman 2)

saurus warriors (with Slann)
spawning of Tlazcotl
spawning of Quetzl
full command

Special

5 Saurus Cav 175 (with Scar Vet)

3 Kroxigors 232

Rare

Salamander Hunting Pack 195

Points 1969

·
Registered
482 Posts
I think it looks good...but somethings missing....
I'm sorry, but it's skinks. Anyway, you don't have to paint LOTS of them, maybe just 30 or 40 is all you need (if that) so I would suggest getting some for shielding for the Kroxigors, to march block and hunt war machines and to set up charges for those saurus units and SCoR and Kroxigor etc.
If you really don't want to get any, then I would suggest at least 3 terradons for war machine and mage hunting. You are also a little short on units, which is another good reason to get some skinks! Although, your army does look fairly solid, it's just it's smallness that I'm worried about. I would try it out (maybe just with a friend using other models) and just see how it goes. I do however suggest adding some terradons (you could maybe drop the scar-vet and get some terradons and give the SCoR a musician and standard to help with CR. Maybe even a war banner too...).
I hope I was of some help, if not a little biased towards the use of skinks....:shifty:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WHAT!?! 30-40 little blue modles is alot og paiting by my standard!:cry: The Terradon idea sounds cool, I was hopeing that basicaly anyhing that doesn't come to me would get pounded by all that magic, mabe I should get Tererdon and small unit of skinks by dropping scar vet, about 20 is the most I could possibly take wothout going bald. But with that many I wouln't be able to get the Terradons so I think I could be safe. Why are the blue runts so important, surly the amry isn't that dependant on march blocking and screening (they can't do much else than that can they?). Oh well, back to the drawing board, I'll post an improved list latter on.

·
Registered
324 Posts
the skinks are important because they are cheap, effective screening units, and also some of the only lizardmen ranged capacity.

further more, you have a lot more saurus than you would have to be painting of skinks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lords
Slann Mage priest
plaque of protection
battle standard
4th generation

Skink Sharman
Blood Statuette of Spite
level 2, scout

Skink Sharman 2
dispel scroll
level 2

Core
15 Saurus Warriors 180 (with sharman 1)

15 Saurus Warriors 180 (with Sharman 2)

saurus warriors (with Slann)
spawning of Tlazcotl
spawning of Quetzl
full command

10 skink skirmishers 70

10 skink shirmishers 70

Special

5 Saurus Cav 175

3 Kroxigors 232

Rare

Salamander Hunting Pack 195

Points 1972

This time theres a screne of Skinks to guard me. I couldn't find a way to get both Skinks and Teradons in the list though. For taking out machines I think I'm just gonna have to rely of Mr Slann.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
If you don't want Skinks you could also try taking a SH of Quetzl. All your Saurus would have a 3+ save to protect them.
But I would really take some Terradons then.

Something else I'd recommend is at least a standard and musician for you Saurus units.

On the list, could you plz also state that the Saurus protecting the Slann is a unit of 16 and that there are 3 Salamanders? I happen to know the costs, but it's a lot easier if the numbers are added. Thnx. ;)

If you 10 Skinks cost 70 per unit, they've got the Scouting upgrade. Otherwise they're only 60 pts.
And your Kroxigor only cost 174 points, not 232. You've got 58 pts to spare, unless you meant to have 4 Kroxigor. Anyway, if you do, I'd recommend dropping the 4th Krox in favour of the changes I propose.

Tai'shar

·
Registered
319 Posts
rolly said:
WHAT!?! 30-40 little blue modles is alot og paiting by my standard!:cry: The Terradon idea sounds cool, I was hopeing that basicaly anyhing that doesn't come to me would get pounded by all that magic, mabe I should get Tererdon and small unit of skinks by dropping scar vet, about 20 is the most I could possibly take wothout going bald. But with that many I wouln't be able to get the Terradons so I think I could be safe. Why are the blue runts so important, surly the amry isn't that dependant on march blocking and screening (they can't do much else than that can they?). Oh well, back to the drawing board, I'll post an improved list latter on.
Don't underestimate the usefullness of skinks. When I started lizardmen I just threw in one box of skinks for my army cause every1 else had them. I was definately not disaponited to say the least. The screening the skinks did actually won a game for me against dwarves. The dwarf player was unable to shoot my saurus(except from the stone thrower) until I moved my skinks. After moving my skinks I charged right away anyway while my kroxigors charged right through my skinks. So to some it up besides the stone thrower my saurus only took one round of real shooting which wasn't too bad. That was the only game that the dwarf player lost so I was pretty stoked(only game I can remember winning also lol).

Also playing the empire my scouting skinks with blowpipes did lots of damage. They killed his scouts, shot down some handgunners, and were on the way to his warmachine when we had to leave.

That's why I like skinks anyway, they inspired me to start a southlands actually and I'll be posting that list sooner or later. All this isn't to say that an all saurus list is bad, however in my opinion lizardmen are better supported when they have skinks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
In my opinion skinks are a real wild card, some times you love them some times you want to burn them all. It also matters what army your playing because you might want Terradons to kill off war machines that will mess up your heavy troops. Skinks are basicly use less against Undead of any kind(immune to poisen) but ive also killed a Blood Dragon with a 1+ armour save in close combat with six skinks so it goes to show almost any thing can happen. I keep them in smaller numbers to screen kroxigors or take out War machines and wizards. Hope it helps;).

·
Registered
319 Posts
Nakai_11 said:
Skinks are basicly use less against Undead of any kind(immune to poisen) but ive also killed a Blood Dragon with a 1+ armour save in close combat with six skinks so it goes to show almost any thing can happen.
Well if I remember correctly undead are NOT immune to poison in 6th edition. I'm not positive but I do remember some one saying they were not in the rules section

Nakai_11 said:
I keep them in smaller numbers to screen kroxigors or take out War machines and wizards. Hope it helps;).
That's their main uses for sure. Except maybe not 2 small as screens unless they're close to your general, don't want your sceens panicking and running away causeing your kroxies to maybe do the same or get shot at.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts