Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first chaos army, so please give me as much feedback as possible

Lord of Chaos - Shield, MoT, Disc of Tzeentch, Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Staff of change

Exalted Chapion of Chaos - MoT, Shield

Sorcerer of Chaos - Lv 2 wizard

Sorcerer of Chaos - Lv 2 wizard

Chaos Warriors x 14 - MoT, shields, additional hand weapons, standard bearer, musician

Chaos Marauders x 24 - Shields, full command, light armor

Knights of Chaos x 5 - MoT, standard bearer, musician

Screamers of Tzeentch x 5

Horrors of Tzeentch x 12 - 2 flamers

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Looks ok, pretty basic, pretty solid. Where do you intend to have the Sorcerors sit? Both in the Marauder unit?

Id say drop the Standard from the Knights. Look at a Flail or something for the Lord + Ext.

Having a Caster in with them, and being 3 ranks deep,id say the warriors arent really looking for combat. Loose the 2xHWs and / or 3 men from the unit. Run them 11 strong with the Ext, in 2 ranks. Loose Standard too.

With the spare points maybe look at a Warhound unit or two, and / or drop a Screamer or two and get in some Furies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was actually thinking about that... Would it be a good idea to lose one of the sorcerers for more Warriors or a Chariot or something? Or maybe exchanging both of them for another champion and some Furies?

I was planning on putting the champion in with the warriors, and the sorcerers with the marauders, while the Lord would be independent (obviously).

And, being new to Chaos, I'm not sure how big to make the unit of warriors. I want them to be able to fight, but not make them a huge point sink. What's a good number? 16-20?

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Ok, unless theyre Nurgle, i always recommend Chaos Warriors to be in units of 12. 2 ranks, 6 wide. This is to take advantage of their 'elite infantry' status. They are really too expensive to begin ranking up for Static Combat Res. They should be getting most of their CR from kills, hence why the 2xHWs are a good idea if you are planning them to see combat. You may well do eventually, so possibly keep the 2xHWs.

Id say dont drop a Sorc for now, the whole point of Tzeentch is to max out on magic offense.

I think your main point ''sink'' are the Daemonic units, BUT they are pretty good so keep them for now. The addition of a Chariot ould be nice though.

For Screening and annoyance purposes, a nice cheap unit of 5 Warhounds wont go a miss, 2 if you canget them in after loosing a few warriors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.