Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

New to the army, and new to the forum. Decided to try something different and new, didn't realise what a challenge it would be, but dedicating myself to the embalmed ones mercy now.
Anywho, a 2k, all comers list follows. Before I get shouted off the forum for having no carrion, TG's or Ushbati - I'm trying to play a list that differs from my Orcs role of smashing. I'm aiming for a tar pit effect, hopefully seeing them off from sheer numbers. Anywho - C&C welcome :D

Tomb King – Scorpion Armour, Crown of Kings, Great Weapon – 256

Lich Priest (HP) – Cloak of the Dunes , Collar of Shapesh– 155

Lich Priest – Skeletal Mount, Staff of Ravening - 163

Lich Priest – Casket of Souls, Dispell Scroll, Hieratic Jar- 325

25 Skeletons – Hand Weapons, Shields, Command, Banner of the Undying Legion - 250

25 Skeletons – Hand Weapons, Shields, Command, Banner of the Cursed Word - 250

10 Skeletons – Bows - 80

10 Skeletons – Bows - 80

4 Chariots - 160

Tomb Scorpion – 85

Tomb Scorpion – 85

Screaming Skull Catapult – Heads of the Enemy - 110

·
Registered
60 Posts
The list looks okay.

A couple quick things, Units of skeleton warriors can't carry magic banners. It would be great if they could though. That's one of the reasons TG are so valuable. They can carry a magic banner with them.

Characters look good too.

I would really think about a unit of carrion though. They aren't a smacher list by any means, the are for racing down the board and tying up enemy artillery units.

You could take 3 for only 72 pts.

The army itself is a fun one, it takes a while to master but the learing process is a blast. This site is amazing, the more experianced members know just about everything!

Look forward to seeing you around,

Lannymay

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Hello, and welcome to LO and the Tomb King forums :) I hope you will find your stay with us happy, long and eventful! :)

Ok, so down to business.

First things first, love your renaming of the SSC upgrade :p

As for the banners on the Skellies, unfortunately only 1 skellie unit may have a magic banner. Drop the Cursed Word banner, and have the King in the unit with the Undying Legion banner

(Lannymay, 1 skellie unit may have a magic banner if you take a King)

Ok, onto the Characters.
The Scorp Armour on the King is a waste. As i say far too often, taking it means you are expecting to be loosing combats. Not really a good tactic. Loose it for the Armour of the Ages. Crown of Kings is good but not vital, keep it if you can afford it. A King needs a decent save, put the Collar of Shapesh on him.

With the Cloak, the Hiero may often find the Collar useless (hence having it on the King) and also its unlikely a 4+ save will help him against magic attacks or otherwise anyway. Cloak is great though, vital for a Hiero. Look at putting the Hieratic Jar here.

Mounted Priest good, Casket Priest good (move Jar to Hiero)

Core looks ok. Not a huge fan of small bow units but they can prove useful.

Scorps and SSC awesome choices. Is say look at a unit of 3 Carrion (they arent really that offensive, Orcy, smashy, etc). Can be handy for getting 1st turn charges on enemy Warmachines and weak units etc.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Deceiver you are 100% correct. 1 unit of skellies may carry a banner up to 25 pts with a king as general

I also agree with the bow units. As I like to post the larger the unit of bowmen the better, for righteous smiting of course and they can also reform to a close combat unit if the enemy bears down on them.

Lanny

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice guys - I knew there was a reason that I hadn't thought of taking the two banners before last night.... and I think my version sounds better @Deciever :D

Carrion eh? :?I may just have to get some in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.