Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Confused Corgi
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most people who go to my GW store play as Dwarfs, orcs, Ogres and Skaven. I was origionally just pondering out a list to use in small games up to 1000, maybe 1500 and figured I might do well with a Daemonic legion. But seeing how effective these beasties are in small scale, I decided to plot out a decent 2k list.

(Feel free to eat it and spit it out)

Lord-Daemon Prince of Nurgle, lvl. 4 Wizard, Soul hunger, Spell Breaker, Stream of corruption, plague Flail

Hero-Exalted Daemon of Nurgle, lvl. 2 Wizard, Blade of the Ether

Core-20 Plaguebearers
Core-15 Plaguebearers
Core-15 Plaguebearers
Core-5 Nurgling Bases

only 77 models, but with a huge distraction unit (Nurglings), 2 Flying Heavy-hitters (Daemon Prince & Exalted) And a meat shield of Plaguebearers (Plaguebearers) and a total of 6 levels of Nurglich magic, I think it should fare pretty well against Dwarfs, Ogres and Orcs, but being out maneuvered by skaven would probably be very effective at making those instability tests hurt.

So, What do you think?

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
ONLY 77 models?? Heh, thats not a bad body count. I think its more the lack of units that will cost you, being outmanouvered as you said. Actually looking again, its actually 57 models lol. So maybe a little small yea, but thats what you get when you play Daemonic. Maybe look at loosing a Pb unit for something else, Nurgle Minotaurs, Choriots, Hounds, Furies?

Should e ok though, so long as the big Daemons do their job.

·
Confused Corgi
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry everyone, but with midterm exams and other commitments, I had almost no time to work up a list from SoC.

Now, I know a few of you will read this and say-"But wait, isn't Daemonic legion being updated in May?"

Yes-but I want to have a list ready to go for use in friendly games-depending on how awful the new army book turns out to be.

Heros-Exalted Daemon, Mark of Nurgle, lvl. 2 Sorcerer, Blade of the Ether-395
Heros-Daemonic Herald, Mark of Nurgle, Greater Icon, Spell Breaker-210

Core-14 Plaguebearers, musician-231
Core-10 Plaguebearers, musician-167
Core-2 Nurgling Bases-80
Core-2 Nurgling Bases-80
Core-2 Nurgling Bases-80

Special-3 Plagueriders-240

Rare-Chariot of Nurgle, extra Daemon-beast-180

So, only a mere...56 daemons. Basic strategy; Exalted Daemon, chariot and plagueriders move forward hiding behind cover, or shield themselves behind the plaguebearers if need be. The Herald joins with the big unit, and the other 3 small ones move as necessary to charge weaker blocks and hold enemy units in combat for the riders, chariots and nurglings to flank them.

I am debating whether to use the plaguebearers as 3 small units to draw fire across more targets, or go for mass with 2 units of 15 and keep the battleline symmetrical

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
I would get the Great Unclean one. Him and a unit of Plaguebearers is HARD.

Otherwise good :)

·
Confused Corgi
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would get the Great Unclean one. Him and a unit of Plaguebearers is HARD.

Otherwise good :)

Uhh...NO I am going with an exalted Daemon to save the 200 points that I would need for a Daemon Prince, or an incredibly slow and easily shot Unclean one. I never use any form of greater Daemon unless I am going for an incredibly large points valuse.

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
Uhh...NO I am going with an exalted Daemon to save the 200 points that I would need for a Daemon Prince, or an incredibly slow and easily shot Unclean one. I never use any form of greater Daemon unless I am going for an incredibly large points valuse.
What!? Why!!??

Yes he is big n slow. But he gets a 4+ ward with his stupid amount of wounds! Well if you take the icon and stuff. I think its worth ith

·
Confused Corgi
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What!? Why!!??

Yes he is big n slow. But he gets a 4+ ward with his stupid amount of wounds! Well if you take the icon and stuff. I think its worth ith

True, but he is still incredibly slow, and with all the nasty war machines my opponents will throw at me, he'll die in short order.

Plus, if you take the time to go to the link, you'll see that I am not even allowed to take a greater Daemon

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/...s/gaming/rules/assets/SoC_daemonic_legion.pdf

Download Agreement

Warhammer - High Elves

Sorry, I don't know which one works for you, so I just put in all three.:rofl

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
Eh? DL's can take a greater daemon. Its right there on their army list...

·
Confused Corgi
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:|I wonder how I missed that...

Um...No, I would rather just not use a GUO

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
GUO's are nasty critters. I only killed one once, and only by making it fail a rerolled instability test. In other words, by getting lucky.

My Strigoi almost took that bugger down another time, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

You should at least play with one a few times if you haven't. They're a lot of fun as long as you're the guy with it on your army.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Confused Corgi
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did use it as a proxy in a 2k friendly game, and it just attracted way too much fire and was laid low in the third turn of shambling forward.

I admit a GUO with a bunch of nurgling bases and some plaguebearers would look cool and very characterful, but I just don't think that a 600-some odd point daemon isn't worth it for only a M of 4. A slightly weaker 600-some odd point flying daemon on the other hand....I might consider in big games

·
Registered
33 Posts
go with plaugeriders and chariots they are great and can be really devistating with the random attacks, but keep the deamon prince GUO are ok but the option to fly heavily out weighs it 4me!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts