Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lord: Old Blood w/ lgt. armor, enchanted shield, glyph necklace, scim. of the sun, Spawnings of Quetzl, Itzl, Tepok, Carnosaur=488 pts.

Hero: Skink Priest w/ 2nd lev. & 2 scrolls=150 pts.
Scar Vet w/ grt. wpn., lgt. armor, Spawnings of Quetzl & Sotek, jaguar charm=146 pts.

Core: 2x13 skinks w/ pipes
15 Saurus w/ champ & st. bearer=204 pts.

Special: 2x4 Kroxigor

Rare: 2x3 Salamander packs

PD=4, DD=4 + 2 scrolls

The list did very well against my current O&G opponent. The Scar Vet took care of his Shaman on a chariot, OldBlood charged into orcs along with the Saurus w/ krox for flank support. Slamanders concentrated on the goblin mobs and the skinks took out the giant. All in all it was a slaughter. However my opponent is not very good tactically so I want your opinion on the list when I take it against someone else both with a different army and different tactics. I usually run a Slann list so this is new territory for me. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance for the comments.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Congrats on winning with a non-Slaan list ;Y
I normally run a Slaan army, but I can give a lil advice...
Looks like this list may have trouble vs a shooty army. A cannon or bolt thrower could take out your carny. Also, what is the role of your priest? If he is pure defensive, I'd say drop a power level, find 35 points from somewhere else, and take a unit of 10 skink scouts. This will help vs. some shooty armies. Also, the sallies tend to not do as well against high armor/toughness enemies (dwarfs). Though if you are playing this list quite offensively, and set up with a refused flank, you could rush one side, since your army is decently fast. i.e. Sallies shooting as they move, krox and saurus behind skinks, carny rushing up flank also, could hit enemy quite well.
Well thats just my 2 cents...
GL
-Matt

·
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I originally played the list with the priest at 1st lev. then proceeded to roll Comet for his spell. Pretty much impossible to get off with only 2 dice so after the game I bumped him up to 2nd lev. in case he actually rolled a good spell. However, now that I think about it he would never get his spell off in the first place since I am only casting one spell/turn all my opponents dispel dice will knock it out every time. So I am dropping him back to 1st lev. Also I am dropping the 2 skink units down to 10 man units. This gives me just enough points to get that unit of 10 scouting skinks. How does that sound?

·
Registered
65 Posts
sounds good, but the only thing is that the 1/4 dying from shooting test will be taken a lil sooner, with 4 dying rather than 5, but you still have cold blooded so shouldn't be too much of a prob. Looks like good list.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.